FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » FFXIV Discussions » Beta discussion
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next The time now is Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:01 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Neovilla
Bird Basher

Nope you are correct Tibz the beastmen have there gods who are the primals who all don't like the other races who have there own 12 gods they worship. The empire believe more in technology and the advancement of the human race. Which is why Cid was with them helping create stuff until he left when they where going down the path of world domination. Then he decide to jump ship and join the grand companies. The empire see primals as threats to there plans and want them out of the way as much as the next person that is in their way.

Also being the design of the empire generals and such as you know they are referencing many ff games and you can say there design are of Judges such as FFXII.

Will tell ya partying in FFXIV is great when they added the chaining/linking exp bonuses. Compare to FFXI in the day where you stayed at a spot for pulling and such. There is moving and running around you'll have to do. The game offers many ways to gain exp for those who solo and party. Trust me I level jobs just on doing leves when people didn't want to party with so and so job or there wasn't people on to make a party. It just more fun and better to do it with a pty hah.

Now that i'm finally set up on a place here in Canada I should be able to join next weekend for the beta and try it out on my laptop.
[Bastok Mission: Completed] [ San doria Mission: Completed] [Windurst Mission: Completed] [RoZ Mission: Completed] [CoP Mission: Completed] [TouA Mission: Completed] [C: 28/50][WotG Mission: 24][ACP Mission:Completed][ MKD Mission: 2][ASA Mission: 10]

Neovilla: http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=132283

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

threndal
Bat Nemesis

heh tel, jeden, sil, and i were running around just trying to get the limit bar filled up so we can see all the actions.... got pretty decent xp just running around in a group of 4 killing everything.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

14 seems like a large culmination of every previous FF, its not the first or probably the last time they've used biggs and wedge, magitek empires and judge armor oh my!~

Alot of monster designs are heavily barrowed from 11 but improved.

I thought the empires main reason on moving in on eorozea was to purge the heathens due to the negative impact the primals had on the world. Rather thought their whole campaign was due to the beast tribes summoning primals in the first place. Either way i like how the story is somewhat dark Spoiler Warning (for those of you who haven't done ifrit fight yet.

Like how they have to execute those brainwashed by the primals we need spoiler tags x.x

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alve
Crab Crusher

Story time!

Cause I'm bored and waiting for servers to get up:
(Story summary mostly taken from the Videogames General forums of 4chan, pictures are mine)

First, the Garlean Empire decides to invade Eorzea to kill all the Primals, Beastmen, and The Twelve.

They manage to completely destroy the city-state of Ala Mhigo, (scattering its refugees throughout the continent, though most relocated to a small encampment near Ul'dah) before the guardian Primal of Eorzea, Midgardsormr awakens and sacrifices itself to destroy their Imperial Dreadnought. This sacrifice awakens all of the other, sleeping primals.

After this, the 1.0 opening sequences come into play, though the specific details are different depending on the nation you began in, the critical event of witnessing the meteor occurs, awakening a power within the player that allows them to understand beastmen speak and hear the "Echo," lingering, powerful memories from people.

The Empire invades once again, having rallied its forces, and begins to plumb the depths of The Thousand Maws of Toto-rak and The Dzmael Darkhold, while taking the battle to the Beastmen. In response to this intrusion into Eorzean borders, the Grand Companies are reestablished: The Immortal Flames of Ul'dah under Raubahn, The Maelstrom of Limsa Lominsa under Merlwhyb, and The Order of the Twin Adder of Gridania under Kan-E-Senna.

As the Empire begins to ramp up its attacks against the beastmen, a man claiming to be an Archon begins to prophecize the coming of the Seventh Umbral Era. The past Umbral Eras all had an element aligned to them, The First Umbral Era was brought on by a great gale, the Era of Wind. The Second Umbral Era was brought on by a great storm, the Era of Lightning. The Third Umbral Era was brought on by a great eruption, the Era of Fire. The Fourth Umbral Era was brought on by a great earthquake that destroyed the once great Allagan civilization, The Era of Earth. The Fifth Umbral Era was brought on by a great blizzard, The Era of Ice. The Sixth Umbral Era was brought on by a great flood, the Era of Water. The Seventh Umbral Era was prophecized to be without an element.

To reprise the Imperial attack, the Amalj'aa begin the rites to summon their guardian Primal, Ifrit. Since this would cause untold devastation, The Circle of Knowing, a council of Archaons, sends out Louisoix, an elderly Elezen male to beseech the Grand Companies for aide.

Upon defeat of Ifrit, Nael van Darnus, Legatus of the VIIth Imperial Legion arrives, claiming to bring deliverance from The Twelve and the Primals and destroys the Aetherial Gate to the Bowl of Embers.

The Lambs of Dalamud, a cult dedicated to the worship of Eorzea's lesser moon begin to crop up, kidnapping victims to be sacrificed to the lunar deity.

Imperial Attacks on Eorzea begin to ramp up, as they begin to deploy Magitek Vanguards and Imperial Juggernauts, Magitek robots powered by a rare blue crystal known as Ceruleum. Incursions into The Black Shroud caused the Moogles to retaliate, as they begin the rites to summon their legendary king, Good King Moggle Mog XII. Summoned out of hatred, Good King Moggle Mog XII would be a destructive force, so once again, Louisoix once again besought the Grand Companies for help.

A fundamental dispute between Nael van Darnus and Gaius van Baelsar, Legatus of the XIVth Legion arose upon the correct course of action for the invasion of Eorzea. His Radiance, the Emperor of Garlemald sided with Nael van Darnus though, and so construction of Castrum Novum and the Ceruleum transmitter occurred, to draw forth the lesser moon, Dalamud to collide with Eorzea and cause destruction on a massive scale.

Imperial attacks began to increase once again, with the Imperials invading dangerously close to the city-states in their further attacks against the beastmen. Out of retribution, the Ixali summon forth their guardian Primal, Garuda, who lays waste to the Gridanian hamlet Quarrymill. Louisoix once again begs the Grand Companies for help in defeating her.

Once she is defeated, instead of fading to aether as Ifrit had, Garuda's essence can be seen rising towards the sky as Nael van Darnus once again shows up, congratulating the adventurers on their assistance, and stating that the Primal's essence only serves to aid their plans, due to the Ceruleum Transmitter.

Cid Garlond, a former engineer for the Garlean Empire defects to Eorzea and tells the Grand Companies of the Imperial scheme, and that Dalamud is not a simple moon, but a device created by the ancient Allagan civilization. Knowing that divided they will certainly be defeated, Kan-E-Senna calls a meeting of the leaders of all three Companies and reforges the Eorzean Alliance.

The Eorzean Alliances sieges Castrum Novum in Mor Dhona and manages to destroy the Ceruleum Transmitter, seemingly stopping the descent of Dalamud until Nael van Darnus shows up once again, this time, not pleased by the player's progress, being thrown into a blind rage that his plan had been thwarted until he calls to Dalamud for guidance, and, appearing to have been driven insane, walks through the burning wreckage of the transmitter out of sight.

Despite destruction of the transmitter, Dalamud continues to descend. The Eorzean Alliance deems that it is probably due to direct influence of Dalamud and dispatches a team to the Coerthas Highlands, that have seen a recent increase in Imperial activity to investigate. Dalamud then rains meteors down upon the recon team, and Cid determines that Dalamud is being controlled from above the clouds from a place known as Rivenroad by Nael van Darnus.

Boarding Cid's airship, players are brought up to Rivenroad to face off against Nael van Darnus, who, exerting control over Dalamud, summons forth meteors to strike the battlefield while adventurers fend him off. Upon his defeat, he stumbles towards the edge of Rivenroad, beseeching Dalamud for help one last time before a bright flash of light occurs. Nael is then seen floating in front of Dalamud with a pair of crystalline wings as Nael deus Darnus. He continues to channel Dalamud to summon meteors and lunar golems, before eventually calling forth Megaflare before ultimately being slain.

(As expected, Neo is the one running ahead of the rest of us to get off the falling landmass!)

Rivenroad falls apart as a hasty escape is made on Cid's airship and the player is called before the Eorzean Alliance to be hailed as the savior of the land. Unfortunately Louisoix states that the defeat of Nael came too late and Dalamud passed a critical point and is now being drawn in by the planet's own gravity, and the only hope is to pray to the icons of The Twelve, scattered across the land.

Atomos begins appearing at Aetheryte Crystals, siphoning off the energy of the land weakening the barrier between the Deepvoid plane.

The Imperials launch a final attack, breaching the city walls, and amassing the whole VIIth legion for a final attack as Dalamud makes its final descent, hoping to prevent the Twelve from being summoned and to avenge their Legatus's death. Watching from afar, Gaius surveys the battle as one of the keys binding Dalamud's seal breaks revealing the truth about the lesser moon. The Allagans, with the help of Midgardsormr and The Twelve, created it as a prison to seal the Primal King, Bahamut.

The twelve are summoned forth to re-bind Bahamut, but due to the empowerment of Bahamut through the Ceruleum Transmitter and the weakening of The Twelve through Atomos's siphoning, the binding fails and Bahamut breaks free. In order to preserve even the minutest hope, before the final blow was struck, Louisoix tore open a portal in time and flung adventurers into the future

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Koiji
Paragon of Pirate Excellence

I'm a lancer... from space!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Koiji

I also got some leopard print subligar, but forgot to take a screenshot. Farewell Phase 3 character, I hardly knew ye.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wayred
Jungle Dweller

I got in the beta on July 11th, had about 1 free day to play and got marauder to level 15 not sure what I think yet, I never played 14 before arr only 11.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Neovilla
Bird Basher

XD Nice look there Koiji, and what are those feet look pretty interesting..but not in tha color XD.

haha I see that comment Alve Razz I was making sure Cid had the ship ready for us you know us blm's being glass cannons and all hah.
[Bastok Mission: Completed] [ San doria Mission: Completed] [Windurst Mission: Completed] [RoZ Mission: Completed] [CoP Mission: Completed] [TouA Mission: Completed] [C: 28/50][WotG Mission: 24][ACP Mission:Completed][ MKD Mission: 2][ASA Mission: 10]

Neovilla: http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=132283

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alve
Crab Crusher

I like my new AFK spot

And it seems the Sahagin place and Zahar'ak wasn't as closed off as SE wanted it to be

p̣͙͙̊̍ͣh̶̉̉̍ͨ̿̄ͅ'̼͙̾ͫ̇ͦ̒͗̓n̰̩͍̑̒ͅg̢̞ͨͩ̊̊lu̩̳̫͛ͩ͡i̮͕̩͘ͅ ̙͚̙̣͎̗ͪ̽ͪm̰̲̞͎͢g̶̺͓͍̝͍̋ͦ̽ͅḻ̙͒͋̃͌̓́w͚̲̼̞̥̯̅ͥͥ̃͐'̶͓̤ͧͭ͛n̝͊̃̀̏͌̆ä̪̯̪́̎͡f͈̯̦͎͚̓̊̐̾̔̽h̸̠ͬͭ̄ ͇̖̫̳̤͜ͅC̯̮̪̥̅ͯͨͅt̮̻̩̥̓͋ͩ͆̿͆ͅh̤͓͖͖͛͡u̡͕̻̞̝͓͈̽l̺̤̫̻̆̔ͦ̆ͯ̀ͅh̼̀ȗͬͤ̓̃͛̌ ͍̟̳̗̲̜̣̇͘R͉̤̮͚̝͌̄͠'͆̚l̂̄̃̆̾͛y͉̆̑̓͗̎͌̚ͅͅe̱͇̜ͨͦͅh̴̤̖͈̻ͥ̒ͤ̉ͮͫ̅ ̛̗̑͌w̖̰̒̐͐͌̂ͤͣģ͓̝̰̂a̴͚ͨ̎ͥ̊̔͆̎h̠̤̯̜̺̼'̷͓̳͙̜̭ͪ̋ͬ̉͂ͯnͮ̉͢ả͙̭̰͌͠g͍̠̿̈̆ͮ͒͢ḻ̟̳̇͒̉ ̛͙̥̤͓͈̺̦̀ͤ̅ͦͩ̚f̰͆̋̒ͣ̊h͉͇ͤ͒̋ͦ̉̀t̗ͫ̊̑ͅąͪ͋̿g̣͔̑̽ͣ̽̌̓͡ṉ̬̳͋ͅ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Tibz
There and Back Again

Your dude looks super grizzled Alve Very Happy

I feel like this was one of my favorite zones, it just felt so FF somehow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alve
Crab Crusher

It's these damn fine Maelstrom coats that does the trick! Wink

I also agree with you, La Noscea has overall the best looking zones so far, I should have taken more pictures, most I have are from cutscenes and other things, lol

I love Northern Thanalan though, this whole zone is really great

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

threndal
Bat Nemesis

ya la noscea is amazing. my favorite spot is in grid area though. nice eye patch

TOP View user's profileSend private messageYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Tibz
There and Back Again

here we go again for the last time ;o

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

Since the rest of yall be blowing up the thread with pictures MY TURN NALA 2.0!!!!!one(no nala 1.0 pictures sadly T.T)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Koiji

I haven't been able to log in on Koiji since early Friday due to the Error 3102 issue. Sad

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » FFXIV Discussions » Beta discussion
 Page 5 of 6