FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » FFXIV Discussions » Beta discussion
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next The time now is Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:27 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Kade
The Duke of San d'Oria

Once you get far enough in the main story, the missions change to having to have a party of at least four. The best I can compare it too is the level 25 dragon fight in XI. Easy to solo up to then, but then you need to have help afterwards.

Phase 4 should be better as far as being lonely since we will all be on Ragnarok after the server transfers.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/KadeFFXI?ref=profile

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Tibz
There and Back Again

I had to go to another city get cure by lvling cnj to beat that demon on thm Sad

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

I just kite dps'd it around the tree for the gridania area <.<

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Tibz
There and Back Again

I got poisoned x2 in that fight and the antidote was only up for 1 of them :/

I also did this on my marauder on another char, was way easier on that one but still took me 3 times to figure out oh he's putting this nasty dot on me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

yeah... i didnt even realize that much x.x

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

Damn limited game play i was up all the way till shutdown on sunday morning. Was doing Haukue Manor (sp?) actually think we were on past shutdown time due to being in an instance. Second we exited we got logged out >.<

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Tibz
There and Back Again

hmm i was hoping for phase 4 to begin, so i updated this morning at 5 am looked over the patch notes for new content and went back to bed. I think i might be reaching the point where I have seen all I need to see about this game. I wanted to see what else they do with jobs in phase 4 but I've done 1-15 about 6 times now on all the jobs available.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alve
Crab Crusher

We're still in Phase 3 (test 4) though, and this test is mainly focusing on the Duty Finder and general stability. I do wish they'd make content harder though, everything so far has been really easy Razz

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

wumy would disagree with ya on that part.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

Actually, just these two quests I've got right now, the one for thundermage where I have to go into the box canyon. And the demon/mage fight. I've been too arsed to log on much though, because there's an anniversary event in TSW that's been more fun.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Tibz
There and Back Again

So after a long 2 days of playing I beat ifrit (first try Very Happy) and joined a grand company (altho I had no idea what I was doing)

I heard that the wipe may be coming so I decided to retire Tibz Manawell to a tropical paradise.

Don't worry the bar seams to be open all night so he won't get board...

Or lonely Very Happy

This game is still really confusing maybe because I've been gone for so long from a ff game but I found my self really enjoying my time when not actively complaining about it. Also finding myself some what attached to my character.

The combat I felt to be super repetitive which may just be an mmo problem not a ff14 problem.

When the quests run dry grinding leves lost there appeal very fast.

Dyeing gear was fun. At first I was kinda thinking who would waste the gil on it but I ended up wanting to make my gear look good as soon as I got it, however not being able to pick the part of the gear to dye for deeper customization and not being able to dye the cool gear from instance drops forced me to wear colours I didn't really care for.

The boss fights in dungeons were some of the best parts of the game but it felt like most fights in the game were about dodging the red circle aoe indicator on the ground.

Anyone else feel like the empire story elements feel tacked on? I liked the stuff with the primals but this space age darth vader villain really weirded me out the first time I saw him. It was like he was from another game.

The duty finder worked fine for the most part. It was somewhat buggy UI wise when someone didn't ready up and had to toss you back into the player pool. Also it alerted me that I was playing my marauder as a DD but SE deemed it a tank and was only able to queue up in the tank slot.

hmm can't think of what else because its 3:45am and I should have been in bed 4 hours ago

*as a quick edit I was noticing the Maelstrom had some rifles in the armoury, I would love to play as a redcoat rifleman! where there player guns in 14 before the reboot?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

Leve's arent the only source of exp, have the hunting log Fates Guildhests and dungeons once you are level 15/16ish

You apparently can dye the ping ethereal gear from dungeons, just not the green stuff.

Yeah one issue i ran into with the duty finder is once your party is set it's set in concrete had a healer disconnect we couldn't kick him nor change party leader once the instance started.

Not sure who you mean about space aged darth vader? also empire was one of the major story line elements from 1.0 and are still hanging around like a truly raunchy fart. more then tacked on just didn't go anywhere and thats more due to lack of the rest of story line IMO.

Well with the advent of arcanist, scholar and summoner (the later two being jobs that share the arcanist class as a base) they may start adding a round of secondary jobs per base class. (hoping for possibly a gun wielding pure dps job as arc's secondary job)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Koiji
Paragon of Pirate Excellence

They planned on adding musketeers to the game in 1.0, but never got around to it with all the other problems. They'll almost certainly show up as a class in ARR before long.

I made it to level 31 this weekend and ran through the Haukke Manor a few times, but spent the last few hours just exploring the world. Here I made a friend:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

looks like grumpy cat.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Tibz
There and Back Again

hunt log was good xp until I was done the hunt log and can't get another one till 15/20, I was partying with my brother so my hunt logs got done way before the recommended level (even soloing them was easy, say doing the 20 lvl mobs at 17)

Guildhests were very cool assault style instances but seemed only worth it for the one time completion bonus. I only did up to capturing the turtle so perhaps that gets better but at lvl 15 the xp for one guildhest was about 800xp or something where as the leves were around 1000xp + bonus for speed or difficulty setting

I was grinding some dungeons had a bunch of fun and got some good gear but it was not a way to level with out quests as far as I found, unless se wants us to spend hours and hours repeating the same handful like they are xp partys in 11.

Perhaps the bonus xp has spoiled me somewhat on the speed to which we can level.

Spent some time looking for the cut scene in question but the NDA makes it hard to find, some dude in what looks to be power armour comes off a shuttle ramp like its an homage to a rather iconic starwars scene with darth vader. As I get further away from the viewing I really hope I didn't dream it up and sound like a crazy person. Someone back me up there was an empire intro cutscene outa nowhere in ARR right? I wanna say at the end of the lvl 15 stuff.

Anyway they felt a little out of place what little I did see of them (I fought the mech and saved the downed airship, again starwars with wedge and biggs references) I feel like the game is mostly about fighting the primal's zealots and the primals themselves. As the redmask man from the opening cut scene appears to be the main badguy and he seems focused with messing up everyone day by summoning the primals/other nasties I have no idea about. If the primals all have beast-men zealots I guess you could argue that the empire are zealots to magitek or the idea of the power of man with out the "gods". I assume this all sounds silly to players of 1.0 who know what is going on already.

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » FFXIV Discussions » Beta discussion
 Page 4 of 6