FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Other Games » SWTOR Patch 1.3 and Server Transfers
 Goto page Previous  1, 2 The time now is Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:48 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

So, things were slow going on my DPS Scoundrel, Lu'fana. Very frustrating--I'd often have to get two levels or so past the recommended level to even have a chance of beating the mission in some cases.

Out of curiosity, I decided to switch to a sawbones build. Much better--I can now keep Bowdaar alive for nearly every fight and still do a little damage. I may cave and switch Merrinn over to a healer build as well.

I think I may trash my sith shadow, since the storyline is lame and I don't like playing it, even with the double bladed sabre, and roll a trooper on Corellian Run.

I swore I'd never play a full healing class again, but damned if that's not what I feel the most comfortable with. I nearly peed myself when I realized I had a pretty potent regen on my sawbones...

Wumy

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

My DPS scoundrel is languishing at around 26. The mechanics just drive me batty with the cover stuff. I have a DPS Commando that I am leveling up now and I am liking it, I can use Aric (DPS companion) for most of my leveling and between the two of us we kill stuff really quick. I also get a few heals which I can use when things aren't going according to plan.

I really like the DPS Commando for PvP, my favourite is to open by tossing a freeze grenade, sticky grenade and then plasma grenade, the last two go off at the same time and combined with a High Impact Bolt will take half the life off of most targets. You also get two regen moves one for 15% the other for 7% that you can use while running away or toward your next target. I am usually in the top three for damage dealt and killing blows.

I also have a level 50 Vanguard tank that I use for raiding. It has quite good survivability, I am over 24K hit points and can hold hate quite well.

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

Mid-20s was the absolute worst on my DPS Scoundrel. It's horrible, and I came very close to just scrapping the character altogether, that's how not fun it was leveling (or should I say "dying or running away"). Once you get to about 30 it gets a little better. But I'm enjoying the character a lot more now as a healer.

I also went ahead and respeced Merrinn into a Seer. Much better--I was useless as a DPS Sage but I'm a fairly potent healer, even with the recent nerfs. It's easier to keep my squishy padawan alive now, and I only need to pull Bruce out to tank on the elite mobs.

Wumy

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Other Games » SWTOR Patch 1.3 and Server Transfers
 Page 2 of 2