FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » I don't have the patience for stupid people at work
  The time now is Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:52 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: I don't have the patience for stupid people at work  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

Our DBA doesn't know what he's doing. And he refuses to do research. I literally googled something for him and gave him the first result. He doesn't know jack about the systems he's working with and constantly bugs me. Whatever we're paying him is far too much. And for some reason we keep him.

He's suppose to be the DBA for this group for all database systems. I now manage all the massive mysql systems, lightening his workload substantially. He still is unable to do what job he has left.

He's also a giant smelly eat beast.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ[;::;‹]ᵒᴥᵒญญญญญญญญญญญญ)›

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

threndal
Bat Nemesis

get rid of him yet there nim?

TOP View user's profileSend private messageYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

I feel like jumping in on this rant... As a member of the military my "hours" aren't really defined.

That is to say some (very rare as of late) days you have a light work load and may go home around 1300. other days you're stuck onboard/at work all night or until the job is completed. (these can be some really late ass days too)

That said most of my coworkers as of late have become lethargic/lazy primarily due to gross incompetency and standoffish environment in our work place. (which makes for even later days)

First off our direct supervisor is a know nothing "been there done that" want-to-be who's first impression made on me and my coworkers was an attitude/standpoint/interaction basis of the lot of us not knowing WTF we are doing. (ps been working at my current position for almost 2 years by the time he arrived)

Basically he would stand right on top of us as we would do our job and then micromanage every step of the procedure we were enacting and attempt to verbally demean our competency as we performed our duties.

Further more he is the one meant to know our over all schedule but he's too busy flipping the fuck out and flopping like a fish out of water for us to derive any useful information on what the actual work plan is, this causes my division to constantly get broadsided by bullshit last minute work and makes us look damn retarded to our superiors. That and he's a yes man which often has us take on more work than necessary and often go way beyond the scope of what i'm actually meant to be doing at this position. (also contributing to the late days)

Any information he does pass along is erroneous either by the fault of him mis speaking portions of the information or him just not knowing wtf is going on. Not to mention things do change very often where I work but instead of just letting us know to be flexible and what the potential situations we need to prepare for he just comes out every 10min with the play by play next revision to the plan. (which is confusing as fuck)

AND THAT'S JUST MY IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR FFS, The senior enlisted advisory that just took over is a tool warehouse and a complete douche nozzle.

He takes what ever you say and twists it around into something negative/perverse and honestly one of my biggest personal peeves is people putting words in my mouth, If i wasn't almost 10 years into my career i'd be have inclined to concave his nose if not his entire cranial cavity.

On the upside i'm transferring back to sea-duty in july and back to my primary job (i was performing in a support role for the last 3 years out of my primary job's scope) but i have no idea what to expect considering every command besides my first sea command has been a big steaming pile of crap... why the hell did i re-enlist again? oh right job market... actually don't hate my job just the other BS that seems to have been mounting on top of it for no apparent reason as of late.

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

So...update on this...I ended up replacing the guy several months ago. Yeah, I'm a DBA now.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ[;::;‹]ᵒᴥᵒญญญญญญญญญญญญ)›

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » I don't have the patience for stupid people at work
 Page 1 of 1