FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » FFXIV News » FFXIV Version 2.0 teaser!
  The time now is Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:36 am 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: FFXIV Version 2.0 teaser!  Reply with quote  

Neovilla
Bird Basher

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/teaser/

XD The road maps provided in the pdf...can't wait new jobs,genders for races. Looks to plan to have ps3 beta out by Nov 2012, at least before the world comes ot it end XD
[Bastok Mission: Completed] [ San doria Mission: Completed] [Windurst Mission: Completed] [RoZ Mission: Completed] [CoP Mission: Completed] [TouA Mission: Completed] [C: 28/50][WotG Mission: 24][ACP Mission:Completed][ MKD Mission: 2][ASA Mission: 10]

Neovilla: http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=132283

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

A lot of information there. The game is essentially being completely redesigned. Also the free ride comes to an end soon. So if you are planning on seeing the state of the game, you may want to drop in in the next month or so. Otherwise you will have to pay to check things out.

I think it's time to see what the whining is like on the official forums.

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Squitt
電 話 武 士

How is the game itself doing? Is the membership base picking back up?

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

Well I am seeing a few new people in my linkshells. Not really noticing people dropping out. Both Dark Hearts and Roaming Sage have about 25 people on during prime time. But the overall trend on the server, I'm really not sure. Mysidia is still a three chocobo server so we seem to be doing okay.

The big 1.19 patch changed a lot of stuff in game. The really big change was that they basically made all your gear obsolete and introduced new gear along with the Materia system. Basically you can socket materia into your gear, the first materia is 100%, after that it gets harder and harder to add more, if you fail attaching a materia, you lose everything, the gear, the materia, the catalyst, your chocobo, your character, well not the last two...

Of course this has meant huge profits for crafters Cool

The game play is a lot better than it was, but since I am seeing it incrementally, I don't know if I am the best judge. I think Neo or Duna could give a better analysis of the game play changes. I also haven't really done much on my combat classes in the last few months as I have been concentrating on crafting.

Archers got nerfed in 1.19

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Koiji
Paragon of Pirate Excellence

All of those changes look awesome. I was starting to think they were only going to make tweak after tweak, but never really change things. But this looks almost like an entirely different game.

There's a chocobo fighting alongside the party in one screenshot. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

Im worried about how the game will survive once they go back to pay to play. Its already got a bad name, and some websites are still giving it poor reviews even after 1.19.

Personally I hibernate in Honourable Souls all day with Neo and Mayeh. Dark Hearts seem to be just as lively as it was. As for any other type of community, there's a few shouts in UlDah every so often, but they're more along the lines of trade chat in WoW, if anyone knows how that was. A few groups looking for XP and what not, but mostly just people bashing each other.

Crafting mechanics are still the same boring thing, just the recipes were all changed/added anew, and are much more simplified now. You dont need subcrafts for any new recipe, or support facilities (currently, might be adding that in). I do think the new recipes are more favorable for crafting, than the old ones, it just makes it a tad bit harder to grind/skillup, because before you skilled up on parts/materials. Now, there's no parts, and there's a "few" materials, but not many. Its all leves, and completed items.

Combat is definitely different. Auto Attack is in the game, weapon and armor stats are much more easily read I feel. Gear requirements are totally different. Abilities have been tweaked, stats changed, so on so forth. XP chaining, XP linking, it's all pretty good stuff. I've not gotten to do much in the way of group combat, though Ive done a few of the R25 dungeon runs, which I rather enjoyed my first time through. It had its own set of objectives, with rewards, and random spawning chests here and there with some random loot. And the XP was halfway decent to boot. I imagine the new instances and dungeons are also exciting, I just haven't been doing much in the way of combat fighting. If I'm online, Im probably crafting =X

Traveling, has made huge improvements. Instead of trying to balance anima with spending hours running, you can now drop (100g x your highest level) to travel to any of the city states via airship. Or if you're in the field, you can rent a chocobo, or if you are high enough with your grand company, you can buy your own chocobo. These move at I wanna say about 250% of your normal run speed. Rentals only last 10 minutes, which is unfortunate. If you own one though, its really nice, just mounting and dismounting all over the place. You can still be attacked while riding though, so you gotta be careful. Its just easier to outrun stuff now. And of course, if you're in a hurry, you always have anima to burn through.

Personally, my view of the game now: Is it better? Oh Hell yea. Is it as good as it could be? Definitely not, it's still got a ways to go. Does it still irritate you to no end at times? Of course, but what game doesnt?

Personally, I would love, if we could get some of the old gang back to gether, have THS doing group runs and stuff again. That would make the game awesome for me =D
GW2 - Retired: Dunador Serestil - Mesmer - Maguuma
Steam Handle: Dunador (Profile Link)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

Now for my post on this 2.0 Stuff:

First things Im seeing:

-Abolishing seamless areas to allow for more dynamic map design

Not a huge deal. I rather liked seamless areas, but ok, if theyve got add a loading screen for each, to make it more interesting, ok.

-New Graphics engine

Ok. This is cool. but that concept screenshot just seems far too cluttered, there's too much going on. It's shiny for sure, but the game's already shiny, why improve on something that doesn't need it =P

-Party searches, for players over various worlds

Cool, this would be neat. Are they planning on implementing a dungeon finder tool, like what's in WoW and other MMOs? That -might- be cool, but it might also take some of the exploration/adventuring fun away too.

-User Made add-ons

I like this. I've always liked being able to customize and add user-addon's. FFXI was limited this way, so it'll be nice to see FFXIV open the door to this.

-Player Housing, Free Company's

Woot, mog houses. Er. Mog Estates. Free Company's was something I was exciting for back when I first heard about it. The grand company's became something else from what I originally heard. If these free company's are what I think they are, they will be really nice, and very involving.

There's a lot of other mentioned stuff, but that was what was covered a bit more indepth on the outline for updates. Lots of stuff, and it's all around very exciting =D Some things I think could be prioritized better, but eh, we'll see how things shape up!
GW2 - Retired: Dunador Serestil - Mesmer - Maguuma
Steam Handle: Dunador (Profile Link)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Neovilla
Bird Basher

Saw that to about the free ride ending and I can say I'm ok with this. Like Dun said movement around the world as been made more easier with this latest updated. Chocobos aren't to hard to acquire and airships are a good add. I seen plenty of ppl online in my travels so look like ppl are at least back to try this patch.

As for exp part of the game they have made it more better to be in a party then to solo but they still need to fix the party search. The only way ppl make party now atm is shouts in the citys or with ls ppl. When you get 4 people in a group it is an light party and with 8 it makes a full which give bonuses to exp. Chaining monster and having them link to get extra exp is a great add they even put a timer up to show who much time you got to keep the chain lol. I will say chain 5+ only have 10 second to keep it lol. Don't worry about ppl who solo though you can self chain by fighting monster the same lvl as you or higher.

Then the leves have allowances so now when you don't have time to play you can save them and spent them when you do. Which is great since you don't have to worry about spenting all 8 that you where limited to as before. They even added NMs and plenty of them lol and with the new marker on the map for them you can't miss them. There slowly adding some endgame stuff a bit with the such as Hard mode Ifirt fight,they plan to add more primal battles, and beastmen dungeons with chest and nms.

All in all I would say they have taken a right step in the right direction but there still thing they need to fix and they are doing that as they go. Only thing that would totally make me really happy would they fix the lfg and pty search. From what I read it is plan in the next update. As Dun said lol be nice to see more THS ppl online lol
[Bastok Mission: Completed] [ San doria Mission: Completed] [Windurst Mission: Completed] [RoZ Mission: Completed] [CoP Mission: Completed] [TouA Mission: Completed] [C: 28/50][WotG Mission: 24][ACP Mission:Completed][ MKD Mission: 2][ASA Mission: 10]

Neovilla: http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=132283

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Squitt
電 話 武 士

Well I needed a new laptop/pc already, because this one is getting to the point where even Facebook games are killing it. But to add to that, flying to Texas and back jostled my old laptop around and now the white pixels in the monitor come across as a hue of blue. Its headache inducing if I'm at it long enough.

If I'm able to get me a new machine this coming Black Friday to Christmas period I'll do so.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alve
Crab Crusher

With SW:ToR being worse every time I take a look at it (100% WoW clone, andwhy did you have to mess up Revan, Bioware!?) I might actually give XIV a try again. Haven't played since the beta, so I guess plenty has changed since then

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Ninelives
Le Fantôme de l’Forums

Admittedly, this is the first time I've logged on in a while, so I'm just now learning about all this. I'm... curious. Very curious. But also very skeptical. I'm thinking once everything is released, I will have to give it a try for at least a month to see how everything has changed. Altana knows where I'm going to find spare time in my schedule to play, but the curiosity will be too great.

Plus, playing a male Mithra is all I ever really wanted in this game.

Also, ohithere!

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » FFXIV News » FFXIV Version 2.0 teaser!
 Page 1 of 1