FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Other Games » THS on SWTOR
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next The time now is Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:47 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Koiji
Paragon of Pirate Excellence

Should work, as far as I know. Don't know if legacy names make an impact on adding friends. You could try "Sambit Koiji" to see if that works.

My BH's name is Piki, if anyone wants to add to their friends list.

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Kade
The Duke of San d'Oria

I did some quick reserch into this problem, and it appears the freind system is bugged. From what I understand, the chances of successfully adding a friend improves if they are online at the same time.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/KadeFFXI?ref=profile

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

Time for another update. Vessin is now level 46 Sage (healer spec) Valor level 35. I bought the full level 40 PvP Solar Wrath gear set so I look all nice and all my gear matches Very Happy I agree with Wumy about the consular head gear, it all looks... stupid and some of the headgear makes you look like a bobble head. I turned off my head gear display in preferences just so I wouldn't have to look at it anymore.

People in my guild didn't know this so I will mention it here just in case. If you go to your abilities menu where it lists General, Job, Class, Vehicles and one other tab. On the General Tab there is an Emergency Fleet Pass with an 18 hour cool down timer. You can use it from there or drop it on a command bar. Click on this and you are at the fleet, don't worry, your annoying protocol droid or someone else flies your ship there too.

I am stuck on the Stark mission, as a healer I just can't kill him. His burst damage is too high and he also heals himself. My poor damage capacity and requirement to heal myself constantly means I just can't get him down. I watched a video of another Sage soloing him at 41. By the way he is level 44. I'll try tonight to get a guild mate to help.

Oh, and Duna, the Emperor kill was not the False Emperor Flashpoint or Operation, it was the end of the Jedi Knight storyline. I've now done the final boss fights for two of the four Republic story lines.

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Koiji

That Stark fight was tough for me. My consular was a shadow, so a bit different strategy. My first couple of tries I had Nadia, but he destroyed us pretty quickly. Then I switched from Nadia to Theron before talking to Stark. I went crazy trying to kill him as fast as possible, while saving all of my various stuns just for his healing.

Don't know what stuns sages have, but can you have Iresso or Qyzen tank/DD while you heal/stun?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

Mayeh wrote:
Time for another update. Vessin is now level 46 Sage (healer spec) Valor level 35. I bought the full level 40 PvP Solar Wrath gear set so I look all nice and all my gear matches Very Happy I agree with Wumy about the consular head gear, it all looks... stupid and some of the headgear makes you look like a bobble head. I turned off my head gear display in preferences just so I wouldn't have to look at it anymore.

People in my guild didn't know this so I will mention it here just in case. If you go to your abilities menu where it lists General, Job, Class, Vehicles and one other tab. On the General Tab there is an Emergency Fleet Pass with an 18 hour cool down timer. You can use it from there or drop it on a command bar. Click on this and you are at the fleet, don't worry, your annoying protocol droid or someone else flies your ship there too.

I am stuck on the Stark mission, as a healer I just can't kill him. His burst damage is too high and he also heals himself. My poor damage capacity and requirement to heal myself constantly means I just can't get him down. I watched a video of another Sage soloing him at 41. By the way he is level 44. I'll try tonight to get a guild mate to help.

Oh, and Duna, the Emperor kill was not the False Emperor Flashpoint or Operation, it was the end of the Jedi Knight storyline. I've now done the final boss fights for two of the four Republic story lines.

Yea, the 18 hour fleet pass is invaluable. Another tidbit: If you have an authenticator, be it mobile, or the keychain, the security key vendor sells one-time use passes for like 1,000 credits. I've not actually done this myself, but this is also a nice trick for getting around. A lot of my guild-mates are doing it.

So the Jedi Knights kill the Emperor eh? Well....that's not very nice!

So Im enjoying patch 1.1.2, big time. The new PvP Bags for level 50's reward a lot more commendations, allowing for a nicer progression of gear. The daily/weekly quests for Flashpoints also rewards about 3x the amount of Columi/Tionese commendations. Which is also nice =D

The changes to the action bar I also like. Its much easier to tell when one of my abilities are on CD.

My BH is still chilling at level 50, doing hard mode flashpoints with guild friends, and operations. Im leveling my Sorcerer to actually replace my Bounty Hunter, as a healer, because the Eternity Vault actually just about requires a sorcerer healer, for their AOE heals. I keep getting my butt kicked as a sorcerer though, Im so squishy x_x
GW2 - Retired: Dunador Serestil - Mesmer - Maguuma
Steam Handle: Dunador (Profile Link)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

I have two stuns, Mind Snap which is an interrupt and Force Stun which is a true stun, but the cool downs are long enough that I can only interrupt half of his Benevolence moves. I've tried pretty much every NPC, I get the best results with Theron as well. The problem is when he does the multiple item throws, it just does too much damage. The problem I have is that my two best damage abilities are Telekinetic Throw and Project and they just don't do enough damage and Telekinetic Throw is a channeled ability so if I need to interrupt his cure, I interrupt my attack as well.

Got my AoE heal at 40, it's a ground target though, so if people stay within range it heals 2300 (I think) over 10 seconds but people can't run away so it's not as useful in PvP. And being squishy is >< My armour rating at 46 is still under 2000 where it's well over 10000 on my Vanguard.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

Mayeh wrote:
I have two stuns, Mind Snap which is an interrupt and Force Stun which is a true stun, but the cool downs are long enough that I can only interrupt half of his Benevolence moves. I've tried pretty much every NPC, I get the best results with Theron as well. The problem is when he does the multiple item throws, it just does too much damage. The problem I have is that my two best damage abilities are Telekinetic Throw and Project and they just don't do enough damage and Telekinetic Throw is a channeled ability so if I need to interrupt his cure, I interrupt my attack as well.

Yea, I had a similiar issue on my sorcerer. I forgot to summon my companion before an encounter, had a bunch of weak mobs, and a single elite. I spent the next 15 minutes juggling healing myself, keeping Static Shield up, and trying to interrupt his Kolto Injections. I beat him, but man, that was the longest fight I've done.

Pretty sure I could relate my Sorcerer's lightning abilities to your Consular's force abilities =P Such as Telekinetic throw = Force Lightning (3s channel, slows/immobilizes target, theres a talent that can proc to make it 1.5 though)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

Yeah but that is in a different specialization and on the second tier of it as well. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

Well yea. I went down the infamous Lightning route for leveling (gonna respec into Corruption for healing when I reach 50). Apparently Lightning isnt as viable, from a lot of sources. Lot of people recommend a Hybrid Madness/Lightning build. But who likes going with the flow =D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Koiji

At level 50, I have ~5 different stuns or interrupts on my Shadow. As long as the enemy doesn't spam different abilities, I can keep a great cycle going. There's a champion mob on Correllia that I could solo starting at 48 with little problem, since he was weak apart from his various (stunnable) abilities. I camped him for a bit to get drops to sell, since he seemed to have a pretty high drop rate for oranges and purples.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

And you thought Huttball didn't exist Ultimate Tazer Ball

- Blade Runner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

Level 42, so I now have the answer to everything!

Haven't had much time to play, been traveling for work. Also, my computer is being annoying and my new one won't get here until later this week.

I switched playlist on my work computer and a bunch of FFXI music came up. It made me weirdly homesick.

Wumy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

Been playing on Mind Trick for a few days. I found out your Valor level can't go above your actual level. I'm level 17 at the moment and my valor capped at the top of level 17. Guess I will have to do some quests on Coruscant finally.

- Blade Runner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

Will hit 25 tonight. Other than my class quests I have only done four other quests so far and they were the first few on Corsucant and the Esseles Flashpoint to get to Corsucant. I'm off to Tatooine on my class quests now.

- Blade Runner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

I haven't been able to play much because my computer kept doing a Mayeh and crashing. Smile I kept getting the BSoD, pretty sure it had something to do with the sound card. That and some other issues I was having convinced me it was time to go back to a Mac (Mac haters, don't bother, I love them). So I'm typing this from my shiney new 27" iMac, and SW:ToR is downloading in the background. It is unfortunate BioWare didn't make a Mac client since their game is like WOW in so many respects (Razz); it's a shame to have to sully this machine with Windows 7, but what can you do?

I'm hoping to be on again tomorrow evening, after I finish downloading the game and doing a ton of grading.

Display posts from previous:    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Other Games » THS on SWTOR
 Page 11 of 13