FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Relaxation » 4 people on
 Goto page Previous  1, 2 The time now is Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:00 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

My real world situation currently:

School isn't going. I was fighting it for a while, and I just could not get motivated to keep myself in my classes and doing the work. I decided I'm going to take a semester or so off, and see where I stand then. Since doing that, though, work has brought some interesting news.

Work, I am now working in a seperate division of our office, I simply sit at a desk for 8 hours, and answer phone calls for maintenance calls on the college's campus. I then put in the work orders and dispatch them to whomever. Whenever there's no work orders to be done, I can do whatever I want on this machine. It's pretty awesome, many a movie gets watched. Currently I'm working 40 hours a week. Being temporary (part time) still, I can't get over 40 though, or HR gets mad, lol.

However recently a full time position has opened up. I intend to put in for it as soon as our snail-speed hiring process gets the job posted. Being internal and probably one of the better temporary's they have employed, I imagine I stand a good shot at getting it. If I do get it, it's a gauranteed 40+ hours a week, some medical benefits, and being a full time employee for the university allows me to take 6 credit hours of class a semester for free. Which I intend to take advantage of, should I get the job.

That's the long answer =P

Short answer, I'm temporarily not taking classes, and I am working quite a bit this summer. =P
GW2 - Retired: Dunador Serestil - Mesmer - Maguuma
Steam Handle: Dunador (Profile Link)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

Trying to resist saying: tsk tsk and apparently failing. But good news about the work. Full time work for the summer is a rare commodity for students up here right now. Unemployment is down for pretty much everyone except students and recent graduates. One of my nieces is working full time at the bank as a tester this summer, her second year at the bank. She sits close enough to me that she can hear me when I am talking in my cube. The niece that lives in my basement is still out of work but she will try to graduate from college in the fall, she has to do her practical work placement. The third oldest niece just graduated from university and is taking a gap year to do volunteer work in South East Asia before starting her masters.

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

Yea, I've gotten my share of tsk tsk's. Don't worry there. The job I'm at isn't too bad. Very simple job, and getting paid 11.81 + differential (normally 2.75 on the weekend for my shift) an hour to do it. Not the best pay in the world, but definitely better than what I was getting before. It'll go up about $2 if I can get the full time position.

You sure do have a lot of Niece's dont you Mayeh =P One of these days, if I can manage to save up some money, I'm gonna have to fly up there or something, and see you and your cottage. ..... wait, I said I was going to do that before, didn't I?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

Yes, yes you did. We are done with black flies for the season and the worst of the mosquitoes will be gone as soon as we get a nice hot week. Next weekend is a long weekend for us. We get Friday off for Canada Day while you get Monday off for America Day (or whatever you call it Very Happy ). Hopefully the week is sunny so the lake warms up.

The lies at the cottage:

1. Come on in, the water is fine
2. Okay, I won't throw anymore water on the rocks (in the sauna)
3. I made this drink with less alcohol

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

It's called Independence Day (technically), or The 4th of July (which is what everyone typically calls it). =P

I'm jealous. My current schedule has me working so that I only get 1 day off at a time. It wears on ya after a while, I don't really get to go out and do much. It has been nice, hot, and sunny here (Of course, we are much further south than you).

Maybe when I have some actual vacation time, I'll see if I can come up there. I don't think Ive been outside the US before, except once many years ago, for a vacation cruise my family took to Cancun, Mexico =/

Edit: Also, I may be 21 now, but I honestly haven't experienced much in the way of alcohol. So far the best thing I've had has been Maker's Mark Bourbon and Coke, or Bourbon and Sweet 'n' Sour mixer. I don't know anything about alcoholic beverages =P

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

Actually since I was diagnosed with diabetes last year, the medication I am on means that I can no longer enjoy adult beverages. I had to sell off the unopened bottles in my Scotch collection. My cardiologist has also sent me to cardio rehab, so I am having to live healthier in general. Getting old and a lifetime of unhealthy habits is catching up to me.

- Blade Runner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

=X I wasn't aware you'd been diagnosed that way. That stinks =( I don't exactly live healthy either, especially as of late. Lots of pizza and wings and chinese.... delivery food basicly.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Squitt
電 話 武 士

Sorry to hear that Mayeh. :(
I'll be up to visit eventually too, Dad has always said Canada is a beautiful country but I've not been once.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:33 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

ravenblade
Chocobo Rider

well i was spying on the forums as i usually do Razz but dun what were you going to school for? and mayeh have u ever been down here to Michigan? didnt realize that your from Canada.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

I -was- going to school for programming. Then for Telecom when programming didn't fan out (The pre-reqs for the major were out of my league). And now I'm not in school.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Neovilla
Bird Basher

Living the unhealthy lifestyle myself atm ><;; XD planning on fighting against it this summer.
[Bastok Mission: Completed] [ San doria Mission: Completed] [Windurst Mission: Completed] [RoZ Mission: Completed] [CoP Mission: Completed] [TouA Mission: Completed] [C: 28/50][WotG Mission: 24][ACP Mission:Completed][ MKD Mission: 2][ASA Mission: 10]

Neovilla: http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=132283

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Relaxation » 4 people on
 Page 2 of 2