FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Other Games » The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Mass Effect 3
  The time now is Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:18 am 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Mass Effect 3  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

http://www.elderscrolls.com/

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-10-mass-effect/708363

Interesting. I was certain that with the Fallout franchise, Bethesda wouldn't do another Elder Scrolls game. Lets hope I don't have to buy a brand new PC to play it like I did the last installment. D:

Wumy

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

funny you mention fall out 3 because i just started playing it recently heh <.<< one of the main reasons i haven't been online much lately.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Neovilla
Bird Basher

Well they had to get up on a new game engine and Fallout was running on the same engine as Elder Scrolls. So going back to Elder Scroll which was a bread and butter for them to start off with would do it. They probably do another fallout after that, since it the same just with guns lol

Still need to finish Elder Scrolls only got like 4 gates closed lol.
[Bastok Mission: Completed] [ San doria Mission: Completed] [Windurst Mission: Completed] [RoZ Mission: Completed] [CoP Mission: Completed] [TouA Mission: Completed] [C: 28/50][WotG Mission: 24][ACP Mission:Completed][ MKD Mission: 2][ASA Mission: 10]

Neovilla: http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=132283

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

Closing all those damn gates is tedious. I got so sick and tired of doing that in Oblivion. The main quest is far less interesting than the one for Morrowind, which was amazing.

So is Bethesda going to use the same engine? I've always had the impression that each Elder Scrolls game pushes the envelope in terms of graphics, which suggests a new engine to me. But, I'm not that heavily into that side of the gaming industry to know. Usually, as long as the interface is decent and the game runs smooth, I don't care one bit about the engine.

Wumy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Telmaski
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

...and if Bethesda can make facial models that don't make me want to kill myself the minute I start the game up.

I don't know what I would have done if the mod community for Oblivion wasn't so vast.

I also second Wumy's statement of Morrowind being amazing.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

Fallout 3 used a modified version of the engine used for Oblivion. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that they would simply modify it to suit the new game play.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ[;::;‹]ᵒᴥᵒญญญญญญญญญญญญ)›

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Pyrobug
Why haven't you asked for a title yet?

Telmaski wrote:
...and if Bethesda can make facial models that don't make me want to kill myself the minute I start the game up.

Impossible! You speak blasphemy, blasphemer!

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM Address  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Other Games » The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Mass Effect 3
 Page 1 of 1