FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » Questioning
 Goto page Previous  1, 2 The time now is Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:26 am 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Katarinae
Nubikins

Please don't misunderstand. It takes those that are more well versed in the mechanics of the game forever to answer loads of questions because of SE's brilliant idea of the chat system. I do say brilliant in the most sarcastic of tone as well.

While those that love to wait for answers to come to them, it might be just faster to look up the answer before someone may be able to answer. We don't chose to ignore any member, we just simply can't answer atm or we must stop everything we're doing just to answer those questions.

Some of you may think that it is exaggerated, but believe me when I say it's not. If anything.. I blame SE for the lack of thinking on their part.

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Gigiya
Antica Addict

Wumyamya wrote:
<i>You mean you still can't alt-tab in FFXIV and the chat functionality is still garbage? I know a lot of people hate WoW and how all MMOs imitate it, but they do it for a reason, why SE couldn't learn from six years of Blizzard's success puzzles me. </i>

WOW has one of the absolute worst interfaces out there, and I hate that every MMO, including FFXIV, copy it. FFXI's interface is beautiful and elegant, there when you need it, then it gets out of your way. The FFXIV interface is awful, clunky, and not at all PC friendly.

Wumy

But you can customize WoW's interface to do absolutely anything you want it to.

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Kade
The Duke of San d'Oria

Gigiya wrote:
Wumyamya wrote:
You mean you still can't alt-tab in FFXIV and the chat functionality is still garbage? I know a lot of people hate WoW and how all MMOs imitate it, but they do it for a reason, why SE couldn't learn from six years of Blizzard's success puzzles me.

WOW has one of the absolute worst interfaces out there, and I hate that every MMO, including FFXIV, copy it. FFXI's interface is beautiful and elegant, there when you need it, then it gets out of your way. The FFXIV interface is awful, clunky, and not at all PC friendly.

Wumy

But you can customize WoW's interface to do absolutely anything you want it to.

You can do a little customizing of the interface in XIV too, but it's still very cumbersome. If the Japanese playerbase has the same feelings as the majority of the North American playerbase, SE will have to fix it, as i have not heard one good thing about it so far.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/KadeFFXI?ref=profile

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » Questioning
 Page 2 of 2