FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » News » Job Adjustments Part I (08/27/2010)
  The time now is Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:51 am 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Job Adjustments Part I (08/27/2010)  Reply with quote  

Kade
The Duke of San d'Oria

The upcoming version update, featuring the next stage in the level cap increase, fast approaches, and the development team is feverishly preparing a veritable banquet of new job abilities and spells especially for this momentous occasion. With select jobs also set to welcome existing traits to their arsenal, there is bound to be something to satisfy every adventurer palate.

The following new job abilities will be added:

Divine Caress (WHM Lv.83 Ability Delay: 1 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
If the next spell you cast cures a status ailment, your target will gain enhanced resistance to that ailment.

Saboteur (RDM Lv.83 Ability Delay: 5 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
If the next spell you cast is enfeeblement magic, its effect and duration will be enhanced.

Spur (BST Lv.83 Ability Delay: 3 min. Effect Duration: 90 sec.)
Grants "Store TP" effect to pets.

Tenuto (BRD Lv.83 Ability Delay: 15 sec. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
If the next song you cast affects yourself, it will not subsequently be overwritten by other songs.

Soul Jump (DRG Lv.85 Effect Duration: 3 min.)
Delivers a high jumping attack on a targeted enemy which suppresses enmity. Effect enhanced when wyvern is present.
*The recast timer for Soul Jump is shared with High Jump.

Blood Pact: Ward "Earthen Armor" (SMN Lv.82 Ability Delay: 1 min.)
Mitigates the impact of severely damaging attacks for party members within area of effect.

Blood Pact: Ward "Tidal Roar" (SMN Lv.84 Ability Delay: 1 min.)
Lowers attack for enemies within area of effect.

Efflux (BLU Lv.83 Ability Delay: 3 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
If the next spell you cast is a "physical" blue magic spell, a TP bonus will be granted.

Courser's Roll (COR Lv.81)
Enhances "Snapshot" effect for party members within area of effect. Lucky number: 3. Unlucky number: 9.

Blitzer's Roll (COR Lv.83)
Reduces melee attack delay for party members within area of effect. Lucky number: 4. Unlucky number: 9.

Feather Step (DNC Lv.83 Ability Delay: 15 sec.)
Lowers a target's critical hit evasion. If successful, will earn you a finishing move.
*The recast timer for Feather Step is shared with Steps.

Job Traits

The jobs listed below will each welcome an existing trait to their arsenal upon reaching the specified level, beyond which the degree of mastery will increase in stages.

MNK Lv.85 Skillchain Bonus
WHM Lv.85 Shield Def. Bonus
RDM Lv.85 Mag. Burst Bonus
THF Lv.83 Dual Wield
DRK Lv.85 Crit. Atk. Bonus
BRD Lv.85 Fencer
NIN Lv.85 Skillchain Bonus
COR Lv.85 True Shot
PUP Lv.85 Crit. Def. Bonus

The following new spells will be added:

- White Magic
Enlight: PLD Lv.85
Addle: RDM Lv.83
Refresh II: RDM Lv.82
Cura II: WHM Lv.83
Gain-VIT: RDM Lv.81
Gain-MND: RDM Lv.84
Boost-VIT: WHM Lv.81
Boost-MND: WHM Lv.84
Animus Augeo: SCH Lv.85
Animus Minuo: SCH Lv.85

- Black Magic
Endark: DRK Lv.85
Aero V: BLM Lv.83
Break: BLM Lv.85
Stoneja: BLM Lv.81
Waterja: BLM Lv.84

- Songs
Mage's Ballad III: BRD Lv.85
Earth Carol II: BRD Lv.81
Water Carol II: BRD Lv.84
Sentinel's Scherzo: BRD Lv.82
Foe Lullaby II: BRD Lv.83

- Ninjutsu
Myoshu: Ichi: NIN Lv.85
*Uses the ninja tool, "kabenro."
Yurin: Ichi: NIN Lv.83
*Uses the ninja tool, "jinko."

More jobs will be able to learn the following spells:

- White Magic
Regen III: SCH Lv.83

- Black Magic
Aero III: DRK Lv.84
Aero IV: RDM Lv.83
Water V: SCH Lv.83 (Addendum: Black)
Aspir II: BLM Lv.83

Several new blue magic spells will be added

In addition to the above, performance-enhancing tweaks are also in the pipes for numerous existing job abilities. The exciting details will be announced in the very near future, so keep watching this space!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/KadeFFXI?ref=profile

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Job Adjustments Part I (08/27/2010)  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

Kade wrote:

- Black Magic
Endark: DRK Lv.85
Aero V: BLM Lv.83
Break: BLM Lv.85
Stoneja: BLM Lv.81
Waterja: BLM Lv.84

I see SE is finally giving BLMs a break.

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

Stoneja and Waterja Surprised We have single target, and AOE target.....so what is -ja do :O

Refresh II, RDMs rejoice.

Enlight for paladins could be very nice, especially if its divine magic, not enhancing.

Blitzers Roll, Haste for COR. Nice.

Saboteur, Slow II, seems pretty darn ridiculous

Efflux sounds like Chain Affinity, except that it doesnt strip all you TP.......I wonder if this could reverse the SC chain for BLU's, being able to open with Blue magic, and close with a WS, instead of vice versa, as it has been

Crit hit evasion? Increases chance to be critically hit? The wording on feather step confuses me

Anyone know what Fencer does? Since BRD is getting it. Also, that move that allows multiple songs? or at least thats what i got from the description. Or....nevermind, re-read it. So that means, say you cast minuet, and use that with it. Then it cant be overwritten by say, another minuet in a minute, in order to refresh its duration? Hmmm.... Also, Mages ballad III. 5 MP/tic regen from bards. + whatever refresh II gives. Thats like.... alot of MP per tic, lol. Foe Lullaby II? Longer duration? Better accuracy? *shrug* Phalaynx for bards is pretty ridiculous tho.a

True Shot? Idk what that does =/

Addle, sounds brain boggling.

Gain-VIT/MND vs Boost-VIT/MND..... Single target vs AOE? Since RDM gets one, and WHM gets the other? Or maybe WHM can just target other party members, and RDM is only self.

Animus Augeo/Minuo? I dont have a clue what those do either.

NIN spells.....what debuff is NIN missing that theyre now getting?

New BLU spells, of course. Kinda dislike how they never say what they are =/ Oh well

Gotta say, some of that stuff looks pretty shiny, even though I dont play. Kinda makes me want to test it with my PLD. Ah well, enjoy your alls new shinies!
GW2 - Retired: Dunador Serestil - Mesmer - Maguuma
Steam Handle: Dunador (Profile Link)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

The -ja spells are probably the tier 4 -ga spells with a new spelling. Or maybe they hit everything but what you are targeting Laughing Likely the new stat spells are self only for RDM and Party wide for WHMs much like the elemental resists. Aspir 2 for BLM will be nice. More NIN spells \o/ now that my NIN is 70.

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

ah thanks for reminding me on what my point was duna, blitzers roll seems interesting but since they arent counting it as haste i'd assume by the text given im slightly concerned about it, as we all know with dual weild and i think claymore grip delay reduction usually equals tp gain reduction, so im somewhat warry of this roll untill we see its true merit in practice.

i think feather step is fairly straight forward in wording, simpler said it increases the chance to land a critical hit, guessing from the wording you have two types of acc chance to hit and chance to hit critically, as with the merit that lowers your chance to be critically hit or perhaps in otherwords increases your chance to evade critical hits, in this case the reverse it lowers a target's chance to evade a critical hit. (just conjecture in that)

oddly enough the wording thats got me hung up is on soul jump, any thoughts on what's meant by suppresses enmity? and also forgive me if this is a silly question but whats the point of adding new abilities if they share timers?

some shares make sense to me like accomplice and (whats the other one again?) or unlimited shot and double shot, double shot seems more valuable to use and unlimited shot has intersting but limted utility i would think by comparrison but i mean giving jumps shared timers? though i supose if you had 6 diffrent jump types you could be constantly jumping and reseting emity and be kinda broken but still, couldnt they think up of diffrent abilities? idk maybe a full fledged dragoons opinion on the matter would be better since i myself am only 37.

also the snapshot roll seems interesting, noticed they have been adding alot of snapshot gear lately wonder if arrow burns might make a comeback! j/k with abyssea seems regular xp parties are a thing of the past anyways, unless abyssea vs merit partiers in terms of merit gaining are about equal? since abyssea is only beneficial if you stay long term. (xp wise anyways)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Saryan
Beetle Basher

First, as someone who doesn't play a DRG... why are the jumps are the same recast timers? This seems really silly to me as DRG doesn't seem to get that much to begin with, all the have are the jumps. It's really not like your giving them anything new. I mean, what if all Cure spells were on the same timer?

Second, nice to see PLD isn't getting anything for HATE. Still no higher Protect/Shell..... especially Shell. <.< Still no provoke of our own. You can't raise other classes and then not give the tanks something to help compensate.

~*~*~*~*Paladin 67, Warrior 43, Dancer 38*~*~*~*~
{San d'Oria Mission: 6-1} {RoZ: ZM4} {CoP: 4-1} {ToAUG: 12} {WoG: 2} {ACP: 9} {MKdE: 1} {ASA: 3}

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

lol, secretly enlight will add to enmity gain, unlike rdm en-spells.

ya right.
GW2 - Retired: Dunador Serestil - Mesmer - Maguuma
Steam Handle: Dunador (Profile Link)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Hinote
Chocobo Rider

I hope these "Gain" spells are useful. Not random crap that they're adding for lack of better ideas. I'll be really bummed if it's just self buffing. Then again, it'd make my life easier heheh.

I'm curious about "Addle" although I've seen very little change in Red Mage over the 6 years that I've played so I'm not too hopeful.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Striker
I has Kikoku!

Saryan wrote:
Second, nice to see PLD isn't getting anything for HATE. Still no higher Protect/Shell..... especially Shell. <.< Still no provoke of our own. You can't raise other classes and then not give the tanks something to help compensate.

I'm hearing nothing about nin or war lacking buffs in your complaints. PLD is already a hate powerhouse, the dds just have to realize the limits they can push.

Kikoku Obtained 8/17/08

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Kade
The Duke of San d'Oria

Striker wrote:
Saryan wrote:

I'm hearing nothing about nin or war lacking buffs in your complaints. PLD is already a hate powerhouse, the dds just have to realize the limits they can push.

While i realize the point you are trying to make about nin and war not getting any buffs to help with thier abilities to tank, the second part of your comment is a bit contradictory of itself.

If the DD's in a PLD tank pt need to limit themselves, that means the PLD even with all it's hate powerhouse cannot keep up with the DD powerhouse, which is the point Saryan was making.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

Kade wrote:
Striker wrote:

If the DD's in a PLD tank pt need to limit themselves, that means the PLD even with all it's hate powerhouse cannot keep up with the DD powerhouse, which is the point Saryan was making.

I don't find it contradictory at all. You need to compare PLD to other tanks. If any tank class could tank everything, no matter what DDs or mages did, it would make things too easy. Just because you're a tank shouldn't mean that you still need to find balance between the various players.

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Freeze II 1/2 Burst II 1/3 Flame II 1/2 Flood II 1/1 Quake II 1/1 Tornado 1/1
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5
BLM75 SAM75 NIN66 WHM44 WAR40 RNG38 RDM37 THF37 DNC37 COR21 MNK20

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Ninelives
Le Fantôme de l’Forums

Mayeh wrote:
The -ja spells are probably the tier 4 -ga spells with a new spelling. Or maybe they hit everything but what you are targeting Laughing Likely the new stat spells are self only for RDM and Party wide for WHMs much like the elemental resists. Aspir 2 for BLM will be nice. More NIN spells \o/ now that my NIN is 70.

Actually, the real reason for the -ja ending to the name is to stop the people who pronounce spells like Firaga and Curaga "Fire-ja" and "Cure-ja." Now, they have to say those words correctly to differentiate between them. This is a change I wish happened five years ago!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Kade
The Duke of San d'Oria

I am comparing PLD to the other tank jobs. War and Nin had 4 years in Aht Uhrghan where they got to join the weapon burn parties for regaining lost exp or merits, while for the most part PLD had to work harder to get the same thing, either by getting that rare pt in Aht Uhrghan that had slower exp, or doing campaign battles, which can never compare to an exp/merit pt.

With PLDs able to share in the exp/merit parties again with the realease of Abyssea, this has finally made PLD a desirable job in said parties. But we will still need something to help keep hate once we get into the higher levels, since the DDs and mages will be putting out more hate with thier increase in levels. If we don't get that and the other tank jobs get thier buffs, which i agree they should, PLD will just once again see itself sitting on the sidelines.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

Saryan wrote:
First, as someone who doesn't play a DRG... why are the jumps are the same recast timers? This seems really silly to me as DRG doesn't seem to get that much to begin with, all the have are the jumps. It's really not like your giving them anything new. I mean, what if all Cure spells were on the same timer?

Unless things changed and they nerfed the hell out of drg, a good drg could pull hate. I had no problem pulling hate, especially on mobs weak to piercing. The jumps are a godsend and sometimes don't come out of CD soon enough.

I'm curious what they mean with the new jump, though. I'm guessing it's designed to be used with the old jumps and prevent regaining enmity for a short period of time since super jump already ditches almost all enmity.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » News » Job Adjustments Part I (08/27/2010)
 Page 1 of 1