FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » News » Level Cap to Be Lifted to New Heights! (08/25/2010)
 Goto page Previous  1, 2 The time now is Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:08 am 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Striker
I has Kikoku!

Difference between mnk using zerk, and having da is that yes they are squishy but they have all the hate on them. THF is able to put the hate on someone else.

And honestly when was the last time you or anyone else that isn't a thf actually considered THF as a DD job, not a Treasure Whore Job? And now with looking at the lvl that THF gets DW its pointless to even consider it effecting the job much.

Kikoku Obtained 8/17/08

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Squitt
電 話 武 士

I thought it was more a situation where somebody who had THF leveled was trying to stick up for the change.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

Honestly, if anyone in any of these news threads says anything that contradicts or puts down any of striker's jobs, he jumps. Its happened in the other one, with the PLD vs NIN discussion, or PLD vs Other tanks in general.

I know plenty of THFs. You, Nine, Serpentarius. All of you are excellent DD's, and perform the roll well. Well, until you got Kikoku, then lets face it, you're just a NIN now. Ive never once said that THF was strictly a TH whore job. SO far, the only person to say that, is you. Is having TH a nice thing? Hell yes it is. Is it the only factor in determining whether I would have wanted to bring a THF along for something? No, not at all. And finally, are SAMs, DRGs, WARs, or whomever else a better DD choice than THF? Honestly, in some circumstances, Yes. In others, No. As some friends like to put it, and forgive my language, but situational shit is situational.

Why am I even arguing about this, I dont even play this game anymore...
GW2 - Retired: Dunador Serestil - Mesmer - Maguuma
Steam Handle: Dunador (Profile Link)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Ninelives
Le Fantôme de l’Forums

Getting Dual Wield I at level 83 feels more like a slap in the face than an enhancement to the job. Ninja hits Dual Wield II at 25, Dancer at 40. Just by subbing one of these jobs, it will outperform Thf/whatever in TP gain by 5%. Heck, at level 90 going /Nin will give Thief Dual Wield III and a 15% greater reduction in swing speed than Thf/whatever. I will be curious to see if /Drg can come close once subbing it gives access to that Conserve TP trait to go along with the Haste earring.

However, this game keeps me wanting to play it with the Corsair adjustments. My biggest regrets in this game are 1) not leveling it from day one it was available and 2) not ditching most other events to focus on Salvage and Einherjar to get a Death Penalty. I'm tempted to keep going all the way to 99 now just so I can retire from the game as a level 99 Corsair. In fact, I probably will.

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » News » Level Cap to Be Lifted to New Heights! (08/25/2010)
 Page 2 of 2