FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » Game Data Recovery
  The time now is Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:04 am 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Game Data Recovery  Reply with quote  

Hinote
Chocobo Rider

Most of you don't know me, but my application to the shell was recently accepted and I really needed to rant to somebody about my FFXI Game Data Recovery aka WORST-SYSTEM-EVER!

Date of Unauthorized Access: January 19, 2010
Call SE to temporarily suspend account: January 20, 2010
Date of GDR initiation: January 22, 2010

First attempt to submit GDR declaration and photo ID: January 28, 2010

I waited about 10 days and contacted SE, they told me they never received my email.

Second attempt to submit: February 13, 2010

Again, I waited about 10 days and contacted SE, no luck. At this point I was in the middle of the semester and decided to give up...

Third attempt to submit: July 27, 2010

Pretty much went just like the first two attempts. No cigar.

Fourth attempt to submit: August 2, 2010

Thought I'd try a different email account. A week later, I get an email saying that they received my email, but it was lacking the necessary attachments... I double checked, the forms were definitely attached. So I complained to SE that I didn't really know what to do. They said to try and fax the forms.

Fifth attempt to submit: August 9, 2010

I faxed the form, at this point, I had been contacting SE everyday for about two weeks to see if they had gotten my emails. I contacted them the day after sending the fax (which costed $4 to do on-campus!) and they said it was "too dark to read"..... Well, crap.

Sixth attempt to submit: August 10, 2010

Tried redoing all of my files and attached them to the original email account for the last time. I contacted them today. "We have received your forms and they have been verified. Your account is now being investigated for evidence of third-party access. You should know the results in a week or less."

HUZZAH!!!! The longest, most drawn-out process OF MY LIFE. Just to make things a little worse, I wasn't aware but, since my account was suspended between February to July, I was still being CHARGED $16.95 per month! That's over $100 in the crapper.

Moral of the story: Guard your password Phew. And congratulations to anyone that had the dedication to get to the end of this post...

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Hinote
Chocobo Rider

BAH!

We have received a request for a Game Data Recovery on the account but our records show we are missing some vital data. We ask that you please contact the SQUARE ENIX Support Center at http://support.na.square-enix.com. Once this has been completed, we will be able to proceed with your Game Data Recovery request.

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » Game Data Recovery
 Page 1 of 1