FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » FFXI Discussions » Abyssea on Saturday (Now with leeching info!)
 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next The time now is Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:43 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Abyssea on Saturday (Now with leeching info!)  Reply with quote  

Cerrawan
Why haven't you asked for a title yet?

Rules
1. I know some people want certain jobs to 80 before others. However we are going to need a good mix, DD WHM, RDM BRD/COR, and BLMS. So if you want to come you must be flexable with your jobs. I will let you lvl all jobs to 80 but you might have to play a few you dont want to play for the groups well-being.

2. Drops
All good money drops will be determined by /random. Highest gets the drop. Rare/ex will be decided the same way by usualble job on the item.

3. Listening certain kills(meles, WS, magic) get certain lights so we must kill mobs with certain methods then switch so you must pay attention.

4. Keys If you have been to abyssea before and have a decnet amount of curuor please bring a few stacks of keys with you into abyseea for chests. If you dont have curor saved or its our first time you are excused for now. A person who brings in lots of keys and pops chest will have a better chance of brining thier job they want to lvl to 80 first.

5. Leeching we will not do this on the first run. After this is you have a lvl 30+ job and want to lvl it to 80 you can. However you are responsible for 90 percent of the keys so you will have about 5-6 stacks on you at all times and you will only be oping chest.

Ill add rules as I deem neccessary.

I was the leech last run and I will tell you how it went.

I went from rdm 37-56 in about 4 hours
Howerver it is very different then if you are hte proper lvl for abysstea

First thing is that I did not recive any xp for the first 20 minutes of fighting, so while everyoen else was starting at the 80-90xp per kill I got 0. After about 20 minutes I got 3 xp and it contineued from there. I did not get any curuor until I was at 250xp a kill then I started to get 1 curuor. So if you only are there for a few hours I would not leech. Even when everyone else hit the cap I was still around 500xp per kill still great for the level.

I used about 15 statcks of keys during hte run so if you are leeching I would grab about that many.

If you want to leech on the next run tell/post and before we go we will random for the leech spot.

List of people who have leeched so far
Nov
Zeldar
Stanis
Murda
Christreb
Valdrin
Cerrawan
Yer

Last edited by Cerrawan on Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:27 pm; edited 10 times in total

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

I don't want to be an a#%hole here, Cerra, but I have to ask this: are you _serious_ about letting people bring all jobs? Because we know how that went with Lucky, and we know how you are with Salvage. And while your pickiness might be warranted in Salvage, you can't take it to that level with a bigger group in Abyssea.

I just don't want any more drama crop up because of this. And people will get very angry with you if you make this promise and then renege.

And I realize that /random is the easiest for you as a leader, but over time if people get very lucky, and there is nothing to balance things out a bit, it's also going to generate some friction.

In RebelScum, Huit & Pitpit were affectionately called the Lootarus, since they got a lot of stuff, but they worked their tiny little behinds off, and had the points for it, so noone begrudged them for it, because everyone knew they got their stuff fair and square.

And in THS Limbus, before we started using points, there was a bit of drama about such things as well. So unless the items aren't worth all that much, and the Ex items are pretty common drops, you might want to put some effort into this side of things.

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Freeze II 1/2 Burst II 1/3 Flame II 1/2 Flood II 1/1 Quake II 1/1 Tornado 1/1
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5
BLM75 SAM75 NIN66 WHM44 WAR40 RNG38 RDM37 THF37 DNC37 COR21 MNK20

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Chrisstreb
Jungle Dweller

he would've gotten more, but he fell asleep and just happened to repop as we were getting reps, so he could've easily had more than from 37->56

All in all, last night i think went better, think I ended up getting ~215k Exp, was about 7k into 76, walked out 20k into 80 & 3 merits

As for the keys, I'd say 20 stacks would be better, considering you were gone a bit, I ended up going through about a stack and a half, and others burned a stack or 2 as well

RDM85 BLM85 DNC85 SMN85 RNG84 WHM75 COR69 SCH66 BLU64 Leathercraft:100+3

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Koiji
Paragon of Pirate Excellence

We definitely need to start earlier. We had a good 4 people fall asleep before the end last night.

I also want to come PLD next week.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Chrisstreb
Jungle Dweller

Yeah, a few hours (3+) would be wonderful for this, idm staying up til 4 am, but its gonna start catching up to me if it keeps up (bad enough some nights lately I've been up that late)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:52 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

threndal
Bat Nemesis

what about us that only have 2 jobs able to go into abyssea. i only got bst and smn

TOP View user's profileSend private messageYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Cerrawan

Yeah going to start to gather at about 7pm EST this time instead of 10pm EST. Therndal you can bring either job and get merits or something you can always try to /random to win the leech job it you want, Bst can DD and SMN might be a support or somthing if we need it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

threndal
Bat Nemesis

oh bst is 76 and smn is 75

TOP View user's profileSend private messageYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

I have WAR and BLM for the next run. I would prefer WAR. I have 30 keys on me as well.

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Chrisstreb
Jungle Dweller

as I said yesterday to you after Salvage, I'll go BLM this time np

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

I'll come. WHM or RDM.

Wumy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Cerrawan

Mayeh come blm as well tonight.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Koiji
Paragon of Pirate Excellence

I'm out tonight. Have fun!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

24 keys on me.

Wumy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Squitt
電 話 武 士

I might show. If I do it'll likely be on PLD.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » FFXI Discussions » Abyssea on Saturday (Now with leeching info!)
 Page 1 of 4