FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » News » GOOD BYE EVERYONE I QUIT!
 Goto page Previous  1, 2 The time now is Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:14 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Chrisstreb
Jungle Dweller

Quote:
whm don't have convert

If you were 80, and /RDM, then yes you would!...

But in all seriousness, it sucks that you're leaving over something so trivial. So you couldn't go PUP? I didn't get to go DNC, and I asked to, i still came as what I was asked and enjoyed myself for the most part (i did get bored from time to time but it happens). At least you were given the oppertunity to go as a DD

RDM85 BLM85 DNC85 SMN85 RNG84 WHM75 COR69 SCH66 BLU64 Leathercraft:100+3

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:16 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Huit
Tarogpan Terrorizer

Sorry to hear that you are leaving. Really enjoyed all the time that we had been playing together, especially the Nyzul Isle runs where either me or Pitpit had to follow u around to keep u crazytaru alive!!! Very Happy

But really don't think u need to quit the game over a single event >< bad things happen from time to time ingame (although i can tell that you are really mad this time). Just try to find another way to keep urself entertained ^.^

THS has lost a lot of members for a while (never had been a lot anyway for my playtime lol). So when we moved server, me & pitpit joined a HNM ls to keep us busy. They have a lot of asian players that would be on when we are playing ^.^
Then abyssea + level 80 came out, the HNM ls kinda got quiet (cause some endgame gears are able to be replaced quite easily). Then me & pitpit pretty much just go to abyssea parties everytime we log on to keep ourselves busy. By joining random groups, i have known quite a lot of other players that knows what they do in abyssea, and as long as u proved urself a good/nice player in the 1st run, they will add u to fl and just invite their friends to all other runs and u can always go as watever jobs u want to play (as long as they are 75 of course Very Happy only the organizer is allowed to bring leech jobs ie 30+ jobs).

Point i'm trying to get over is: If you are not happy with something, try to find something that will. I like this game cause there are really a lot of things to do ingame (if i'm REALLY bored, i'll even start leveling my crafts lol)

Would really hope to see u in ff14 though since it seems like a good game (i'm just gonna play any new games that looks nice anyway).

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

huit, reason lucky is so outa shape over this is, pup is expensive, expenses that cannot be retrived, further more beyond cerra's own ignorance that connotation is wide spread, pup is a hell of alot of fun, but what the hell is the point if no one will invite you.

lucky dedicated alot of gil and time into the job and now he's not even allowed to take it into quite possibly the best thing SE has ever come up with, xp parties that are 100% acceptable of ALL JOBS.

not to say he cant come to other runs, but he was excluded by some one who i would have thought to be of a higher quality, but apparently is not only lacking in manners but intelligence.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

LuckyAlex
Why hasn't Lucky asked for a title yet?

To Chrisstreb, for you its trivial, for me its not.

I hate whm more then anything. I could write a lot of bad stuff that happened to my whm to make me hate it but everyone else has horror stories too. The thing is, i suffered a LOT of disrespect on that job. The only 2 reasons i was still coming whm to some event were that i'm normally a nice person and wanted to allow the other whm to bring a job they would like to events and other times it was the fact that the events would have been canceled if i hadn't switched to whm but not only my whm skills have gone down, i hate it so much that its extremely hard to do my whm job correctly.

When i decided to stop playing whm and i decided level another job to 75. I decided to level pld since there were almost no tank lfg and lots of DD. I loved pld but there were a lot of loltarupld jokes tho most of those got cut short when they saw the huge mp pool that i had which cut drastically the down time, the better hate control due to all those cures and that i wasn't dieing more then any other tank. Once i got pld to 75, a lot of people had started to level pld so i wasn't always needed and some were more dedicated to the job then me so i decided to level another job.

I choose drk and got it to 75, back then there was a lot of lolemodrk jokes and the fact that i was a taru made it worse but since i was always subbing nin and that even tho i was backup tanking 50% of the time, i was able to stay alive a lot more then most drk. Once i hit 75 drk, i was tired of backup tanking on drk so i decided to lvl drg since it had high jump and super jump to shave hate.

When i lvled drg the loldrg stigma was still there tho less then it once was. I quickly found out that high jump and super jump timers were too big to keep me hate free and since i didn't had stun, dread spikes and drain helping me to keep myself alive, drg wasn't that much fun to me.

I decided to play pup, i put more then 2 mil gil in attachments that cannot be removed from the puppet, tho if they were their price would drop so fast that i would never get the gil back anyway. I still miss 2+ mil gil worth of attachment, 2 for my mage frame and 1 or 2 that would give beween 1-10% bonus to all frame. For you 4 mil gil might not be that bad but for me, its my lifetime savings. Like nala said, pup is a LOT of fun but it requires a lot of gil at least 700k just to have the basic attachments and you need to have skills to make it work properly otherwise you will do horribly but all the others have their horrible skill less peoples too.

There was a lot of lolpup comment, but every time i parsed my logs, i was the highest DD 80% of the time, i outdamaged all the DD jobs, because either the players lacked skills or were gimped or simply couldn't come close to my damage level since my rgn frame is really strong againts birds.
The people that outdamage me had good gears and were skilled players or were going crasy and almost dieing everytime. Pup isnt a zerg job but on the long run it packs quite a punch.

The lolpup comment was once too much, he used it on too many occasions and for me, who had to endure the lolprejudice all my FFXI life, like a lot of people, its not a trivial matters. For someone who posted that at some point low level leaches would be allowed to come, making me come drk or not come, a job which i had no intentions to level past 75, is saying that leachers are better then pup and that i can't choose which job i want to level past 75. Drk would only have been my 4th lvl 80 jobs if i had decided to level it and that's after capping all my merits everywhere else. I would have brought pld next and probably switching to whm once in a while even tho i truly hate that job so that the other whm can level other jobs too.

The thing is, what's next after Drk, he would have forced me to come whm, then pld then would have allowed me to come pup at the condition i bring keys like a low level leach? I haven't played drk in months and the only reason i still have gears to it is because they are EX, 3 homam piece 1 nysul body piece and a perdu scythe. I wasn't trying to come whm/nin DD, that i would have understood the refusal.

To Threndal, your probably talking about a post i made a while ago because a friend of mine was refused in a tp burn party, but that post was never accepted as a rule, more like a voluntary guide line.

My content id's were canceled last saturday after logging out. I have til the end of the month to find a valid reason to reactivate them but other then not seeing the friends i made in FF, i don't see much other reasons to do so.

I'm not interested to solo any job to 80, i have uber bad luck in campaign battles too, i lost more medals then i ever got. And the amount of people doing events have drop down so much that now, a lot of poeple are "forced" to come on certain jobs which make the events less fun.

I'm really sad doing this but if i can't have any fun in the game because i have whm to 75 and other jobs to 75 whats the point.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

I'm sad to see you go, Lucky, but I can't deny you're absolutely right.

There were a lot of jokes on Mumble about Cerra being obstinate in his job selections, but there is a point to them, which I hope Cerra will take to heart in the future.

This game is a lot of fun because we're doing stuff together, not because we're all picture perfect. It's about working together, and that's easier if people are having fun.

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Freeze II 1/2 Burst II 1/3 Flame II 1/2 Flood II 1/1 Quake II 1/1 Tornado 1/1
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5
BLM75 SAM75 NIN66 WHM44 WAR40 RNG38 RDM37 THF37 DNC37 COR21 MNK20

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:13 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

mcalc13
Jungle Dweller

Lucky, I'm going to miss you in-game. You were always a cool guy to party / do events with, and you're very knowledgeable of all the jobs you play. I hope you will reconsider playing again. I just doesn't feel right to have this be the last memory you have of FFXI.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Harmoni

I am so sorry to see you go Lucky. You have always been for me - one of the best players I know regardless of the job you are playing. If I have ever made jokes about you being loltarupld it's been due the the incongruousness of your cute little taru kicking some huge nm's butt - i know you can outtank me with your eyes closed and was eternally grateful that you allowed me to tank dyna as much as you did - even if it meant you ended up tanking as drk more often than not and dying as the result of my numptiness.

You are also imho one of the nicest people i know in game, playing with you has always been a real pleasure and a joy!! I dont think I've ever heard you be anything but lovely to anyone - so it is even more sad that other players are the cause of you wanting to go.

Obviously some job combos may have more merit in certain situations - but behind every job/combo is a person - and in this case a very much loved and valuable member of our THS family who has been hurt by the actions of another member(s) . . . I would rather have "maybe less effective" Lucky than no Lucky at all . . .

mcalc13 wrote:
just doesn't feel right to have this be the last memory you have of FFXI.

Spot on Mcalc!

I will miss you Lucky - hope you keep in touch and come back (or join 14) some day.

Take care hun x

(Edited to pander to Doc :P)

TOP   BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

LuckyAlex
Why hasn't Lucky asked for a title yet?

Harmoni wrote:
I am so sorry to see you go Lucky. You have always been for me - one of the best players I know regardless of the job you are playing. If I have ever made jokes about you being loltarupld it's been due the the incongruousness of your cute little taru kicking some huge nm's butt - i know you can outtank me with your eyes closed and was eternally grateful that you allowed me to tank dyna as much as you did - even if it meant you ended up tanking as drk more often than not and dying as the result of my numptiness.

You were an awesome tank harmy and probably still is Razz

No one can keep hate of my drk because i don't allow them to do so Razz

I will miss you all too, work is a pain, so its making it difficult to rethink my decision atm since i'm too tired to do anything but sit and wait for bed time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Harmoni

Well a break is sometimes good too - especially if some situations are getting frustrating. I hope you decide to come back to us some day - but if not I'll hound you on psn!!!

Try not to work to hard hun x

TOP   BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Lynkara

I will miss you Lucky, you are a pleasure to have around...hopefully we will see you in 14.

/huggles my little taru friend

TOP   BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Atticusmj
Jungle Dweller

;( I understand vary much this as I to was told no that day as Pup
I try put alot work and gold into my little Friend but unlike Lucky am horrored soloer so am still working on his skills alot

Lucky put alot work into his I could see its Hat shine in the Sun light
I also remember duoing some when I started Pup my vary 1st DD job

I miss you Lucky you was great guy I hope change your mind if not then I hope your be joining same Server as the Linkshell for FF14

So many ppl leave..../cry I guess this how feels be at breaking end of a MMO world.....

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » News » GOOD BYE EVERYONE I QUIT!
 Page 2 of 2