FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » Going nuts
 Goto page 1, 2  Next The time now is Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:42 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Going nuts  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

so the navy wont put me up in the barracks due to me being senior, and they will only pay for my (crappy) hotel room for about... 6 more days, if i were not single i could go get a hotel in town instead of staying at the navy hotel that has extremly horrid internet.

basically i have 6 days to find an apartment before im living out of pocket at a hotel room that i dont even want to be at. that and red dead redemption is pissing me off atm have nothing better to do then going nuts.

despite the calm manner this rant was typed in im quite furious/livid/angry.

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Tibz
There and Back Again

Sad gl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

I thought you could stay on base regardless?

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Freeze II 1/2 Burst II 1/3 Flame II 1/2 Flood II 1/1 Quake II 1/1 Tornado 1/1
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5
BLM75 SAM75 NIN66 WHM44 WAR40 RNG38 RDM37 THF37 DNC37 COR21 MNK20

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

nope when your E-5 or E-4 over 4 years of service, depending on the base and how full the barracks are they might kick you out into town housing, in my case the base ive been stationed at fits this description but rather then kicking me out into town i dont even get a chance to reside in the barracks in the first place.

main reason for the barracks being over manned here is because this command is a training command, aka lots of personel and the base isnt exactly huge.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

But doesn't the navy arrange your housing?

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Freeze II 1/2 Burst II 1/3 Flame II 1/2 Flood II 1/1 Quake II 1/1 Tornado 1/1
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5
BLM75 SAM75 NIN66 WHM44 WAR40 RNG38 RDM37 THF37 DNC37 COR21 MNK20

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

LuckyAlex
Why hasn't Lucky asked for a title yet?

Outch, i hope you find something good soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

Nala,

Isn't there an office or someone on the base who can help you find housing? I know this is the military we're talking about, but surely they have *some* resources to help you if they won't let you stay on base. If they don't, they should.

Wumy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

threndal
Bat Nemesis

i know the air force has the housing office which u have to go to for a briefing to move off base maybe the navy has something similar?

TOP View user's profileSend private messageYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Lynkara

The do have housing offices as they keep a list of off limits housing as well as housing that have contracts for the military...Knala...did you not know where they were shipping you to so you can pre-arrange housing? and GL with your search ^^

TOP   BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

got the housing deal figured out, yes there is a housing office, but if i moved into housing i'd be under a lease and unable to move till it expired, further more when i first moved out in town i kept moving every time my 6month lease was up...

i wanted a perminant residence, anyways, what i didnt know was that there was a website i could have visited to give me an idea of what to look for when i got here, navy based website*.

this whole ordeal has been one big rush job, my orders were cut for me to depart my parent command (last command) the 10th of june, we didnt pull back in till the 14th, my orders were cut to report no later then 30 june which btw i arrived on at 16:30 local time, i wasnt allowed to detach from my last command till the 22nd, which was in part due to inspections and various factors, in the end i didnt get finished packing till a day after i got my U-haul which was on the friday of the 25th, which until i had my u-haul loaded up i couldn't break my lease either, since that required me to turn in my keys, i finally got on the road about 11 pst on the 26th after breaking my lease had to wait till then for the main office to open.

was a bit of a twist to all of this btw, TLE is money they give ya to live in a hotel till you get situated in a residence, TLE only covers you for 10 days, twist being that turns out if im not in the barracks and not in a perminant residence then my BAH gets stoped, meaning any time spent in the hotel becomes completely out of pocket.

just found that tidbit out yesterday, consequently the PS2 (people that deal with pay) that called me up about my bah stoping wants a room mate, and he has cats! i was suposed to move in today but my sleep schedule has been all kinds of screwed up, used to staying up till midnight pst, which is 3 am here, and i got to be into work 30 - 45 min earlier then i did at my last comand... meaning if i go to sleep when my body thinks i should i have to wake up 2.5-3 hours later...

anyways wanted to respond to a few of your posts in regards to the navy housing office earlier but apparently i accidentally activated an accessibility feature (the features that make it easier for disabled people to use computers) which for some reason or another was making my keyboard either non responsive or responsive in a way i could not figure, that is there was only one key working on the entire damn thing, was freaking out slightly did a few full system virus scans after that x.x, only figured out that it was the accessibility feature after i noticed it in the systray and disabled it since its an icon thats not normally there. wala keyboard worked. /sigh

only thing i dont know about my soon to be new room mate is whether he already has internet or not, and so far save for that one day i got luka a soboro i've not been able to get my xbox to connect to the hotel's wireless interent... though my laptop obviously has no problems /sigh

well hope i see yall soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:49 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

i know... double post... but i didnt want to rewrite my last post so ill just start a new one...

basically what i was ranting about all in summary, got screwed because i wasnt afforded proper time to transfer, rushed to drive across contry, rushed to find a home because im E-5 and single therefore couldnt get a barracks room and screw ball thrown in last minute that BAH would stop reguardless of residency or not (btw that point is a buncha bull especially since they wouldnt put me in the barracks) further more when it comes to TLE got a bit shafted too also because i'm an E-5 but more specifically cause i'm single.

for a single E-5 TLE = 75$ if i decide use a non navy hotel without first consulting the barracks/navy hotel managers then i am only entitled to 65% of my tle, however if i do check in with them and the navy hotel is full then i can be approved to use a commercial hotel and get the full TLE (btw dont ask me what TLE actually stands for we use so many of these some of them i dont even know /sigh) anyways if i was married i'd get alot more and i wouldn't have to check in to get the full allotment, i could just go strait out into town no consequences.

anyways so yeah... enjoy wall o word a thon and dont stab me in the face for it later x.x

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Harmoni

nala wrote:

wants a room mate, and he has cats!

I take it cats are a good thing?? You are so random hunny Razz

TOP   BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

jinua
Torama Taunter

Harmoni wrote:
nala wrote:

wants a room mate, and he has cats!

I take it cats are a good thing?? You are so random hunny Razz

I think it all depends on the cat size :p

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

i love cats, im not a mithra just because im an anime/manga addict! also the person that i thought was going to be my room mate isnt, its ok though im looking at afew places tomarrow, should be able to move into them soon... itll be great once i actually know i have a place to live.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Harmoni

that's great hun - hope it works out for you soon!!!

TOP   BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » Going nuts
 Page 1 of 2