FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » FFXIV Discussions » Final Fantasy XIV Official Benchmark
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next The time now is Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:03 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

What sort of specs does it have, Nine? Maybe all you need is the right drivers. And is it a laptop?

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Freeze II 1/2 Burst II 1/3 Flame II 1/2 Flood II 1/1 Quake II 1/1 Tornado 1/1
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5
BLM75 SAM75 NIN66 WHM44 WAR40 RNG38 RDM37 THF37 DNC37 COR21 MNK20

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

By the way, I'm guessing load time is how long it takes for it to load all the data into memory, which is basically a benchmark of your disk, I'm guessing. Which would explain why most people will be in the 20-30 second range, regardless of further specs.

Which shows you that SE still can't program worth a damn, because with my SSD it still takes just over 11 seconds. Probably caused by the fact that they're opening a bazillion small files.

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

tears
:Long Live TheHonourableSouls:

benchmark ran very very smooth on my system iscored a 950 idk how well that is

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1010/tearssc9.jpg

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

From earlier posts:

[8000 and over] Extremely High Performance
Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.
[5500–7999] Very High Performance
Easily capable of running the game. Should perform exceptionally well, even at higher resolutions.
[4500-5499] High Performance
Easily capable of running the game. Should perform well, even at higher resolutions.
[3000-4499] Fairly High Performance
Capable of running the game on default settings. Consider switching to a higher resolution depending on performance.
[2500-2999] Standard Performance
Capable of running the game on default settings.
[2000-2499] Slightly Low Performance
Capable of running the game, but may experience some slowdown. Adjust settings to improve performance.
[1500-1999] Low Performance
Capable of running the game, but will experience considerable slowdown. Adjusting settings is unlikely to improve performance.
[Under 1500] Insufficient Performance
Does not meet specifications for running the game.

So uh...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

danakate
aka Grace Abernathy

950? o.o Wow.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

LuckyAlex
Why hasn't Lucky asked for a title yet?

Honestly the benchmark shouldn't mean anything, even if you get below 1k you should probably be able to run the game if the benchmark looked smooth.

If you are under 1k you will most likely have to turn off all the candies like weather, special effects and stuff because honestly, SE would loose too much money if they don't give the player base a lesser quality version of the game since most of us have "good" computer and can't hit the high end of the benchmark.

Edit : 2 years ago i tried the FFXI benchmark and scored really low and still was able to play the game smoothly.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

tears
:Long Live TheHonourableSouls:

meh dont matter anyways i most likely will just be playing on ps3 since i have a 50inch HDTV compared to a 20inch monitor XD

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1010/tearssc9.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

threndal
Bat Nemesis

got the new ati drivers and did low res.... got a score of 3414 with a load time of 28921 ms

TOP View user's profileSend private messageYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

They put in a fix recently and all the ATI cads now preform much better. The difference is like night and day. I went from 4 to 7 fps to 22 to 25 fps in crowded areas. Out in the field, I no longer have issues.

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Ninelives
Le Fantôme de l’Forums

~necro bump~

I did this to see if others are noticing that what the benchmark results were mean little to nothing. One of the positive things I can say so far about XIV is that I've had zero lag, graphical glitches, or audio glitches. I consistently scored in the 1100s running the benchmark, which says I have insufficient ability to play the game.

If only they fix the crappy interface before launch...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Bristow
Caster of Disaster

I tried running the benchmark on my desktop and did not score very well...250 So I am with Tears, and will wait for the PS3 launch. I think by that time they will have time to make improvements and other adjustments. Would have been nice to play at launch but oh well, this computer was meant for homework.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Kade
The Duke of San d'Oria

The benchmark lies! If you go by the benchmark, then my machine should not be able to run it at all, but i have no problems playing with all my settings set to lowest, and the game still looks good.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/KadeFFXI?ref=profile

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

You can turn the settings down and get acceptable gameplay. I can actually play acceptably with everything turned up on my computer, but I still turned it down so I could have a better experience. Even though my monitor supports 1080p, I'm running 720p.

I've found anti-aliasing really slows things down. This being based on the old XI engine (you won't see that info anywhere, but it's obvious), I'm sure a lot of stuff is still being done in software and is therefor CPU bound.

Additionally, there was apparently a mention somewhere that the builds we've been playing on are debug builds. If you know anything about software development, debug builds do a lot of extra logging and checking and use a lot of extra memory for debug symbols. Supposedly they are keeping it on until release so we won't really know what real release performance will be like until...well...release.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Bristow
Caster of Disaster

So I decided to give in and try beta, it is way to choppy. I would really need to do an upgrade. I did look into getting a new faster processor. The Intel 7i is what is recommended, but I read it needs a Intel motherboard too. I can't afford to drop a whole lot on doing this quiet yet, I'm still unemployed (but yay for student loans!).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

Do you know the hardware you have now? It's possible a smaller upgrade can be done for cheaper. Also, you don't need a Core i7 to play ff14. I'm playing on a AMD Athlon 64 X2 black edition (basically a Phenom II X4 with 2 cores disabled and the clock unlocked).

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » FFXIV Discussions » Final Fantasy XIV Official Benchmark
 Page 5 of 6