FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » FFXIV Discussions » Final Fantasy XIV Official Benchmark
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next The time now is Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:54 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:12 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

threndal
Bat Nemesis

ya with ffxi not much u can do lol seeing as the cap is like 90 fps or something like that... but i can see a huge different with the scores i had... at 600s it was really laggy and wierd at 2052 the video was really smooth

TOP View user's profileSend private messageYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Budoukiba
The Poor Neenja

I just recently scored a 660 on my first run through.. which doesn't seem right at all. I'm going to update my drivers and disable vsync since it seems like I haven't before lol...

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Tibz
There and Back Again

well budo did you win after the driver reinstall? Tenshi reinstalled his but it still just crashes on start up Sad

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

threndal
Bat Nemesis

which card?

TOP View user's profileSend private messageYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

threndal wrote:
ya with ffxi not much u can do lol seeing as the cap is like 90 fps or something like that... but i can see a huge different with the scores i had... at 600s it was really laggy and wierd at 2052 the video was really smooth

FFXI is locked at 30fps. There are hacks to break past this.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·*¯[;::;‹]ᵒᴥᵒ­­­­­­­­­­­­)›

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

Did some fiddling with settings and now I'm at 3017, with a load time of 26327ms.

Wumy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Lynkara

FInally got around to running this, will have to do some tweaking once I get my RAID to stop blowing up... but the results are

Low- 3146
load 16020ms

High- 1715
load 16283 ms

TOP   BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

what was causing that dll problem for tjhe rest of yall?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Koiji
Paragon of Pirate Excellence

Installing the latest version of DirectX from Microsoft's website fixed that error for me.

You can download from here.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Budoukiba
The Poor Neenja

For those of you that scored high, what are your system specs? I'm slapping together a different build here soon.. If it doesn't score high then I just give up and will get it on PS3.. I'd like to have PC mods though.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/newbuild.jpg

^New build.

I'm re-using my old HDs and disc roms.. Might get two 500 or 750GB and use them in raid 0 sometime soon, but not too concerned about that atm. Lemme know whatcha think, and if you have any suggestions, please say so. I don't want to spend horribly much on it because I don't exactly have the greatest job anymore and don't wanna drain out my savings much at all. Thanks in advance.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

Budoukiba wrote:
For those of you that scored high, what are your system specs? I'm slapping together a different build here soon.. If it doesn't score high then I just give up and will get it on PS3.. I'd like to have PC mods though.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/newbuild.jpg

^New build.

I'm re-using my old HDs and disc roms.. Might get two 500 or 750GB and use them in raid 0 sometime soon, but not too concerned about that atm. Lemme know whatcha think, and if you have any suggestions, please say so. I don't want to spend horribly much on it because I don't exactly have the greatest job anymore and don't wanna drain out my savings much at all. Thanks in advance.

If that hardware can't drive it, then the demands of the game are unreasonable, IMO.

I wouldn't bother with RAID0. I've experimented with it and you're better off getting something like a 150gb or 300gb 10k rpm drive for the faster load times. RAID0 can help performance, but only if you throw a lot of drives at it and attach them to a good RAID controller (read: this costs a lot of money).

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·*¯[;::;‹]ᵒᴥᵒ­­­­­­­­­­­­)›

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

Budo can rest assured, that build will be on par with or faster than mine, probably, and I just scored 4007 on lowres and 2668 on highres.

That's with a Core2Quad 2.83GHz, nForce 790i chipset, 2x2GB DDR3 @ 1333 and a GF GTX285. P55 is a tad newer, the CPU is a fair bit faster, the memory as well, and the GPU is roughly the same class I think.

GPU is definitely important for FFXIV though.

By the way, my scores were not in an ideal situation. I had Vuze going in the background, sharing some stuff I recently downloaded, as well as stuff like Steam and EVEmon, and I had a video stream on in my browser for the music (MOGRA!). And I think I might be a bit behind in my NVidia drivers.

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Freeze II 1/2 Burst II 1/3 Flame II 1/2 Flood II 1/1 Quake II 1/1 Tornado 1/1
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5
BLM75 SAM75 NIN66 WHM44 WAR40 RNG38 RDM37 THF37 DNC37 COR21 MNK20

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

Updated drivers and shut off all my background muck. Didn't bother turning off Aero or virusscanner and the likes.

Lowres: 4279
Highres: 2838

(My monitor is smaller than the high resolution though, so not entirely sure how accurate that score is. If my GPU doesn't render the superfluous bits, than the score is higher than it should be.)

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Freeze II 1/2 Burst II 1/3 Flame II 1/2 Flood II 1/1 Quake II 1/1 Tornado 1/1
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5
BLM75 SAM75 NIN66 WHM44 WAR40 RNG38 RDM37 THF37 DNC37 COR21 MNK20

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Squitt
電 話 武 士

Getting Windows 7 for my Tibz machine, I need Windows Service pack 3 to make it work currently unfortunately. So decided to just switch to 7. After I've got that installed I'll be in the game.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Ninelives
Le Fantôme de l’Forums

Just tried this - got a 1208 score on low res with a 23826ms load. That's probably not good, considering that I just got this computer. >.>

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » FFXIV Discussions » Final Fantasy XIV Official Benchmark
 Page 4 of 6