FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » Itawamba, MS is full of 5 year olds
 Goto page Previous  1, 2 The time now is Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:44 am 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:31 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Jarreth
Shantotto's Bodyguard

Why can't a skinny kid just have a thing for fat chicks?

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Ninelives
Le Fantôme de l’Forums

I am thoroughly confused on how you're so against this, but trounced Sylver and Heavenly for joining a group on Facebook that's against people protesting at military funerals.

Protesting a war that you don't agree with while a group of people are mourning a family/friend loss AT THE FUNERAL is ok, but protesting a lifestyle you don't agree with by holding an alternate prom is not ok? Really?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

1) There's a difference between not liking protests at funerals and wanting them made illegal. I hate protests at ANY funeral, not just those of soldiers who died at war. I even hate protests at funerals of those that might have done wrong. I think only some of the lowest people would do this. However, I believe in our Constitution and Bill of Rights, and therefor think making it illegal is wrong. We are allowed our opinions and we are allowed to voice them. If you disagree with me, then look to countries like N. Korea, China, and others who strongly control public opinion.

As much as protesting a funeral is such a hideous act, wouldn't you think a soldier who died in the name of our Constitution would have died in vain if we erode our own rights?

(To be clear, the group joined is called "Make It Illegal to Protest at Military Funerals" not "I Hate Protests at Military Funerals")

2) Discrimination in various forms is illegal. This is why the court required the school to invite the student to prom as a result of the ACLU filing a lawsuit. Further discrimination was imposed, not just by the parents "prom", but by the school as well. The fact that no one showed up at the "fake prom" other than the social rejects (in the literal sense of the term...these people are rejected by the social circles in that area) proves that it wasn't just a matter of someone holding a private party and these people weren't invited, more that there was a lot more going on to perpetuate the hatred.

Protesting funerals is legal. Discrimination by school officials is illegal.

Where is the confusion?

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·*¯[;::;‹]ᵒᴥᵒ­­­­­­­­­­­­)›

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

aiiide
Where's Valkurm?

Quote:
1) There's a difference between not liking protests at funerals and wanting them made illegal. I hate protests at ANY funeral, not just those of soldiers who died at war. I even hate protests at funerals of those that might have done wrong. I think only some of the lowest people would do this. However, I believe in our Constitution and Bill of Rights, and therefor think making it illegal is wrong. We are allowed our opinions and we are allowed to voice them. If you disagree with me, then look to countries like N. Korea, China, and others who strongly control public opinion.

/agree

people can kill for good, people can kill for bad,

protesting is a peaceful tool and it could be as beautiful or as ugly as you want to see it, i wouldn't agree with 200,000 people protesting against South Park for showing Muhammed on TV, but others might agree, i don't think im right and someone else is wrong...

i mean if governments start controlling thoughts and not actions... thats gonna suck.. and i know bad example , but the movie "minort reporty" has a perfect system against crime, by seeing the crime before it is commited they convinct criminals, but our hero tom cruise later finds out that they only convict 'potentional criminals' and that nothing is 100% accurate

on the topic of lesbians going to the prom.. id say let them, as long as they aren't fugly

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » Itawamba, MS is full of 5 year olds
 Page 2 of 2