FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » News » New Expansion Info! READ THIS MESS!
 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next The time now is Sun May 20, 2018 4:40 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: New Expansion Info! READ THIS MESS!  Reply with quote  

Maj
Saint Subligar

Quote:
The second dev panel opened with a demonstration of how corsair will work (the previous one opened with a demo of blue mage), and then they went on to describe changes to all the jobs that will be introduced in the patches to come. They also described in detail how the new jobs will work, and then closed with a special announcement, that the third new job in the expansion will be Puppetmaster:

Warrior
- Ability to throw axes! (and other weapons? Hmm.)
- Devs made warrior have ability to use lots of weapons, and they want people to use a wider variety of them. They didn't tell us how they would encourage us to use more weapons.
- They said WAR/NIN is too strong, and want to give people more reasons to sub other jobs.

Monk
- adding ability that increases HP (increases max HP? ambiguous) of party members. unclear whteher it's single target or aoe.

White Mage
- job ability to give your own hp or mp to other members.
- benediction will remove negative status effects.
- they want whm cures to be more effective than other jobs. didn't give details on whether they mean hp cured, or casting time, or what.

Black Mage
- they said it's too strong, especially in manaburns. they want to give BLMs more incentive to join diverse parties, but didn't give details.
- there will be new spells.

Red Mage
- they said RDM is pretty strong but didn't hint at any nerfs.
- there will be new spells

Thief
- thief JA's to affect more party members (probably with respect to hate)
- steal to have new effects, like "stealing more than items..."
- perfect dodge will increase the damage you deal if you stay behind the mob (30 secs of full sneak attacks?!?!)

Paladin
- they know lots of people like nin's more than pld's and want to change that.
- they want pld's to be able to "use shield more than other jobs" - proc rate up? shield bash timer down? i think they meant proc rate.
- they want to increase TP gained when blocking with shield
- they want to give pld an aoe refresh or autorefresh.

Dark Knight
- they said they want DRKs to use scythe more. maybe damage bonus when using scythe.
- they want to increase the effects of absorb spells, and maybe give them secondary effects.

Beastmaster
- they acknowledge that BSTs were hurt a lot with the MPK patch, and want to do something to fix it. they said they couldn't give details but they say "please believe in us."

Bard
- they want to give bard more places to use different songs in battle, because right now bards use the same songs over and over.
- they want to add new low level aoe "speed" song. i dont know whether it means something different than march.

Ranger
- they're wokring on adjusting it again to "please more people."
- will change sharpshot so that when it's active, r.acc will not be affected by distance.
- more arrows will be quiverable.

Samurai
- sam's will have a new way to use their TP.
- said they were adding something so that when SAM hits an enemy, it will/might decrease its TP.

Ninja
- it's very strong, maybe too strong. but we don't have plans to nerf it at the moment.

Dragoon
- they're still looking at the effects of the recent changes they made so they don't have plans to change it more right now.

Summoner
- right now, SMNs BP and release. they want to give SMN's some kind of incentive to keep their avatars out longer.
- the person translating from the devs said they were giving SMN more MP but then quickly said "wait, no i didn't say that" so i'm not sure why he said it.
- Earthen Ward, Aerial Armor, other blood pacts that currently don't have their effectiveness depend on summoning skill will now be affected by summoning skill.
- new BP's
- everyone wants to summon Bahamut but they would have to limit its strength if they made it summonable. they want to keep it special, so they say they have no plans to make Bahamut summonable.

Blue Mage
- you can only learn blue magic with BLU as your main job
- defeat a mob that gives you exp points and then you'll (have a chance to?) learn blue magic that it performs.
- more and more abilities will be learnable with later patches.
- "setting spells" - when you acquire blue magic, you won't be able to use it right away. you have to set it first.
- each spell has a certain number of required setup points. as a blue mage you have a number of setup points you can allocate. this increases when you level up.
- you also have a max # of spells that you can "set", based on your level.
- spell effectiveness will depend on beast intimidation circle.
- physical spells can skillchain, magic spells can MB.

Corsair
- sorry, they wont tell us about the 2hr.
- Main Ability is basically a dice roll (6 possible cards, numbered 1-6). different things happen depending on what the roll was.
- that ability used again (looked like a 30 or 60 sec cooldown) will cause more (and better) things to happen to your party, or to the mob.
- the sum of rolls causes something to happen, the best sum you can get is 11. if you hit 12, you "bust" like in blackjack, and when you bust there's a (probably slight) negative effect.
- effects depend on party setup: if you have a war in your party you can give everyone double attack, if you have a BLM then you can give everyone MAB, if you have a THF then you can give everyone crit bonus.
- job ability called "Card Shot" - use 1 of 8 different shots in your gun, and it's a magical attack. one example is strengthening debuffs that are currently on a mob (like dia).
- one ability will be to lower recast time of spells for your party.

Q&A and Misc
- in general they want people to use lots of different subs.
- they were asked about Treasure Hunter, and about CHR vs Voke. the dev answering laughed and was hesitant to answer because "If I tell you too much, as soon as I get back to Japan I'll be dead." but he told us the following:
- Treasure Hunter has nothing to do with damage dealt, or the final kill.
- CHR has no effect on Provoke.
- no plans to make jeuno a nation you can set alliegance to, but there will be "surprises" in the new expansion. new nation to pledge alliegance to?
- the devs were very receptive to people's suggestions. they were actively writing things down that people suggested they add to the game. woot.

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Bristow
Caster of Disaster

Sweet!
I'm glad that SE has obviously identified the flaws and are allowing most jobs to branch out and do a little bit more and things more specific to what they should be able to do.

And wtf is a puppetmaster? I heard that there were going to be 3 jobs earlier but everything was pointing to diffrent functions. Tank (Blue Mage), Support (Cossar/Gay Pirate), and Healer. Puppetmaster implies a mix between bst and smn. You call a puppet and can control the actions. idk.. we'll see

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Ramon
Antica Addict

You know that they are gonna have Puppetmaster as a new job too right? It looks sweet as hell. I'd post a pic but I'm too lazy :3

Edit: Screw me in the goat ass, I just noticed that it said puppetmaster at the top. Hurray for PLD auto refresh and provoke /ja... now you'll see a bunch of PLD/NINs poppin up everywhere.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

It's good to see they are making a lot of changes to the game. A lot of these sound like some very big changes that could basically change the game as a whole. I actually want to see some of these changes in action, really.

As for drg...what's to observe? I still get people that say drg sucks/is worthless. I got a party invite and the party leader invited me against the will of the party, who was telling the leader that drg sucks. Make a new character, don't tell people you're a dev, and go for drg.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Striker
I has Kikoku!

Quote:
Ninja
- it's very strong, maybe too strong. but we don't have plans to nerf it at the moment.

This just pisses me off, SE has changed the way NINs play 2 times already and have made another attempt at nerfing us beyond those 2 times... now that comment leaves it open to saying that they are going to nerf NIN in the future because most PLDs can't stand the fact that NINs are able tanks now..

And if SE plans on toning down the damage we do with katana's they better compensate us with increasing our ninjutsu damage otherwise it'll go back to the good old PLD tank onry... which some ppl might think is a good thing but I personally think would be bad..

I mean just look at the heavy DDs now, end-game wise and even in lvl capped areas ppl's idea of beating a mission or quest that involves some skill is to through some BLMs at it, before it was atleast a mix of RNGs and BLMs...

Rather then taking away from jobs SE should improve jobs ( only 2 times I can really name where they did this to an effect to actually assist a job that needed help, THF = Assasin simple enough, and DRG = the complete change to the job by making the wyvern a 20min /ja and the 2hr something that could actually save the day should the SH** hit the fan )

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

Changing drg 2 did jack to the job, didn't change it at all. I was able to have wyvern out longer than 20 mins, let alone 2 hours, before. All they added was an "oh sh**" ability to drg, which is rarely used. Drg still gets crap for invites. Not long efore I quit, I believe the party I got drg to 50 in, the party leader told me the party didn't want a drg because "drg sucks", so drg hasn't changed at all apparently.

Last edited by Nimdae on Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nightpanda
Why haven't you asked for a title yet?

Nimdae wrote:
"drg sucks"

Not true.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

I know it's not true, else I wouldn't have played it to 50 Razz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Squitt
電 話 武 士

Rock on. Rock on. Rock on.

Master of Puppets sounds interesting, the changes to the existing jobs are welcome, imo. Blue Mage now sounds rather complex, which has me intrigued.

Mnk's new AoE doesn't really sound all that useful (I'm having a hard time thinking of a situation where it should be used, as opposed to could be used), but having a extra job ability never hurt.

The public opinion of Drg really needs to change. Bris is sorta attached to our static with his drg now, the only time he sucks is when the WHM (me) doesn't notice that he was hit with str down. In other words, if the drg sucks, it's usually the whm's fault. Razz At least in this case.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

I have to agree that the MNK sharing his HP with others seems...kinda useless. From a WHM perspective, this just seems like a bit of an MP sink. Sure, I don't have to heal the people in the front line up, but I'll have to heal the MNK if this gets used in an XP party. Not sure I see much of a use for this. I wish they'd give MNKs auto-regen or a line of clear body traits.

Also, why does everyone think PLDs are getting provoke? I didn't see anything like that in the notes from the fest. Kinda curious as to where people are getting that. IMO, giving PLD provoke would seriously unbalance the job. I know you guys want more choices in subjobs, but I think a PLD/NIN would be *way* overpowered, especially at 74. I'm also not convinced you'd be able to hold hate as well with a NIN subjob since you'd basically be a NIN with flash. Razz

For BRD, new songs are always welcome. Smile If they're adding new songs so we don't have to sing the same old song every XP sessions they better be dead sexy so parties will want them. BRDs do have choices of what to sing for XP sessions, but most parties simply want double minuet and double ballad.

Wumy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Maj
Saint Subligar

Yeah, you gotta beat Madrigal/Minuet. Good luck. lol <3

Gawd, let's go EXP. D:

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Bristow
Caster of Disaster

Squitt wrote:
Bris is sorta attached to our static with his drg now, the only time he sucks is when the WHM (me) doesn't notice that he was hit with str down. In other words, if the drg sucks, it's usually the whm's fault. Razz At least in this case.

Meaning Squitt sucks as a whm Razz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

If bristow has a static for his drg, that's simply awesome. He won't have to face what I'd been facing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Squitt
電 話 武 士

Bristow wrote:
Squitt wrote:
Bris is sorta attached to our static with his drg now, the only time he sucks is when the WHM (me) doesn't notice that he was hit with str down. In other words, if the drg sucks, it's usually the whm's fault. Razz At least in this case.

Meaning Squitt sucks as a whm Razz

But it also means Bristow sucks as a drg! Very Happy
You have to admit, I was hitting you with Erase pretty good when we fought the bats. But that's only because you were keeping me filled with drinks so I'd have the MP to do that. So ya, Squitt sucks as a whm.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

IMO, the new monk ability to share hp with others, wont be used unless an emergency comes up, because im sure using this would cause a massive hate buildup, and im sure it will take from your own hp, so basicly it will be a sacrifice move, IMO. PLD or NIN fixing to die, use the move, and prepare to get killed, and hope that you did some good.

If they make it to where only PLD's tank, ima get mad. Tanks are scarce enough as is....

Lol squitt... im actually farely good as whm, but mines only 23 soooo..... >.>
GW2 - Retired: Dunador Serestil - Mesmer - Maguuma
Steam Handle: Dunador (Profile Link)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN Messenger  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » News » New Expansion Info! READ THIS MESS!
 Page 1 of 9