FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » Closed Apps??!!
 Goto page Previous  1, 2 The time now is Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:01 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Harmoni

It is sad that the big friendly happy family that was tHS has had to make this decision - and to a certain extent I can see where 9L and others are coming from on this. But at the same time I think the shell does need some time to settle after all the recent drama and it would be nice to actually get to know some of the new members.

I dont happen to believe change is always good - and whilst I have made many close friends in tHS, more recently I have felt driven out by the drama and bickering - it would be good to mend what we have so that we are building on a solid foundation with people that actually want to be part of the shell because they respect and care about the other members.

*rant mode off* may actually log in today

Smile

TOP   BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Emeraldrae
Honourable Artist

Harmoni wrote:
It is sad that the big friendly happy family that was tHS has had to make this decision - and to a certain extent I can see where 9L and others are coming from on this. But at the same time I think the shell does need some time to settle after all the recent drama and it would be nice to actually get to know some of the new members.

I dont happen to believe change is always good - and whilst I have made many close friends in tHS, more recently I have felt driven out by the drama and bickering - it would be good to mend what we have so that we are building on a solid foundation with people that actually want to be part of the shell because they respect and care about the other members.

^

I understand both sides of the debate, and why some members feel one way over the other. But I think Harm summed it up best- it would help to get used to our current roster before accepting more members.

Emer's Main Gallery
Last Updated: February ('13)
Emer's Scraps
Last Updated: July ('13)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Squitt
電 話 武 士

The decision to close applications was not made lightly.

There have been 3 rant threads posted while I was away this weekend and I had a PM waiting for me in my Dbox with a complaint about a HC member.
So I guess I should apologize to everybody for my "no post, no show" weekend.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

tacie
Goddess of Cakes

I agree with Harm as well. I am shy and it took me awhile to talk on the shell. With all the new members I feel like its a new shell and I am starting all over. It would be nice to get to know the new members that we have before we get any more

TOP View user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

gillmaree
Why haven't you asked for a title yet?

Well, I am certainly not shy, but it also took me a bit to feel comfortable talking to people in the shell. Like Harm and Tacie though, I feel that tHS is a totally different place than it was just a few short months ago. Both sides of the argument for and against closing applications have merit. If the goal is to make tHS the biggest social on Fairy and #1 on FFXIAH or close to it, then in my opinion it's more likely to drive people away when all it accomplishes is what we have witnessed in the past few weeks. The goal should be to encourage people to join to see how good a shell and its members can be without all the greed and self-serving attitudes that exist elsewhere. I take issue with a comment made in one of these posts that kind of implies that the more you help out the more likely you are to receive it and be recognized by leadership. A true statement to be sure, but it should be understood that not everyone is always in a position to help, not everyone has jobs suitable to all situations, but even the least among us should be recognized and acknowledged for their contribution, no matter how small. No matter what you say or do, there will always be those few people who will never lift a finger to help another player unless it benefits themselves.

Let's take the time to regroup and re-aquaint ourselves with the principles and people of tHS. We won't get along with everyone, it's not possible in such a large group, but we can try and do without the temper tantrums, the harrasment and the lack of respect that some show. Let's have fun, this is just a game when all is said and done. Smile

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » Closed Apps??!!
 Page 2 of 2