FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » Unfortunate party situation
  The time now is Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:57 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Unfortunate party situation  Reply with quote  

Jarreth
Shantotto's Bodyguard

As a foreword, I apologize for the length of this post.

So I get an invite for a party in CN yesterday at 38, and we all head to the secret room (which I think is a bit too high for our level, but meh). On the way, someone gets aggro from an Exoray and dies, but luckily we aren't sync'd yet so the 56THF and 60WHM take care of it. While the member is still weakened, someone pulls a crawler and it almost destroys us, but only manages to kill one member. So we raise the other member, and while he's resting, our WHM DC's.

We wait for a good 15 minutes and she doesn't come back, so we get someone new. Here's where the ranting really comes in. The new WHM comes in, and as we're still waiting for someone to come back from afk, he says "I have to go to town real quick." We're not talking about Jeuno or Whitegate here. I mean he literally has to go out of his house, get in his car, and drive to town for who knows what.

So the afk member comes back, and we wait. And we wait. And wait. And wait. Some time passes and the former WHM comes back and apologizes for his computer troubles. However, as we already have a WHM, he has to warp home. Forty-five minutes later, our WHM comes back. At this point, one of our members ran out, got aggro and HP'd/disbanded, so we got a new member.

We get through one fight and the WHM says "Gotta go, friend needs me" and warps out. I'm so angry I send him the only spiteful /tell I've ever issued in my 7 years of playing, and promptly blacklist him so he can't respond. Once we finally get the party going, the leader and I are the only original members of the party. However, all the new guys are very good at their jobs, and we grind out about 2 levels before calling it a night. If I'm allowed to post the WHM's name *looks at Doc*, I will gladly do so to hopefully help any LS mates from having to deal with this player.

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Neovilla
Bird Basher

>.> man you really waited a while after 15 XD i say disband pty or whatever but ya I had ptys like that where u get there fast enough but u spend all your time waiting for afk members or dc'n ones but ouch man that sucks. I can't believe that whm was lfg and decides he will just go afk almost felt that he wanted to come in for some free exp while you waited since he just leaves after one fight D:
[Bastok Mission: Completed] [ San doria Mission: Completed] [Windurst Mission: Completed] [RoZ Mission: Completed] [CoP Mission: Completed] [TouA Mission: Completed] [C: 28/50][WotG Mission: 24][ACP Mission:Completed][ MKD Mission: 2][ASA Mission: 10]

Neovilla: http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=132283

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Huit
Tarogpan Terrorizer

something pretty similar happened to me, Pitpit and Shiro last nite while we were in a pt (forming stage) and sorry for the long story as well Very Happy

so it's about 8.45pm my time when i got a pt invite by a warrior who was making a party. So the 75 war got me (69 cor), pitpit (69 monk) and shiro (58 brd), then we started to look for a whm & tank and will decide which level to sync.

Leader invited a 61 whm and after looking for a tank for about 10-15 mins, a 37 pld popped. so the leader being thoughtful asked if we mind getting the pld. Us 3 said YES!!! and let's go to East Ronfaure (s), the legendary camp. Unexpectedly, the whm said a big NO. we asked why, and whm said yesterday he/she's in a bad pt over there... pld keeps going afk and a DD keeps dcing. I said that's a party problem, not a camp problem thou, but the whm keeps insisting not going there >< after a 5-10 minute arguement and still no tank, the whm left. At this stage, the pld is looooooong gone.

after a while, we got a 6x pld to join us. he said he's got a 37 drg if we wanted to go to east ronfaure (s). Lol!!! so now we are 1 healer short. At this instance, it's about 9.45pm my time, so i said i can give my spot to a healer if 1 pops, if not i'll go as rdm until i get a rep. The pld asked us to invite the previous whm as he/she is a friend of his. Expectedly, she rejected straight away, saying 'East Ronfaure (s), no thanks'

the next funny thing is... when we got to the colibri camp, the pld went afk for about 10 minutes when EVERYONE is there. Lucky during tat time, i got myself a rep and left. Pitpit's rep came soon after and we went back to campaign and then zzz.

Something's really wrong with people looking for party these days is all i can say

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

haule
Antica Addict

Sometimes i think having windowers is a bad thing... specially when i see all these DD's sitting on a 300 tps. ill let it happen once but more then that i get angry and really start griping. Seems idiots are getting in party engaging a mob letting 5 ppl do the work and going afk and coming back for next mob. had at least one of these in the last 3 partys i was in. I think i am gonna start giving the leader a warning and if it is the leader im just gonna db and keep lfp.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Budoukiba
The Poor Neenja

Gotta love teh noobs.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

tears
:Long Live TheHonourableSouls:

posting names is fine, i do it all the time liek
/blist add Shiriokumo

this guy did an ISNM with me got drop first run and warped. andnow hes in TG god knows how

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1010/tearssc9.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Budoukiba
The Poor Neenja

I hate inconsiderate people.. Our entire group decided to help our 6th guy on ODS even though he forgot his orb and had to come back. The little things people can do.. I'm friends with the guy now.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

tears
:Long Live TheHonourableSouls:

do u have WAR leveled budo?

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1010/tearssc9.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

My patience limit is about 10 minutes. If we're sitting idle and I'm leader, I replace. If I'm not leader, I request replacement or leave. It's a waste of everyone else's time to do that crap, and I'm not going to waste my time in the game not playing. My intention when I log in is to do something. If I'm not doing something, the game is not doing its job for me.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ[;::;‹]ᵒᴥᵒญญญญญญญญญญญญ)›

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » Unfortunate party situation
 Page 1 of 1