FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » Firefox 3.5, no thanks
  The time now is Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:43 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Firefox 3.5, no thanks  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

Verizon, as per corporate policy to enforce usage of only the latest version of various software, blindly forced Firefox 3.0 to be unapproved and require upgrading to 3.5. This is enforced with a software management system that distributes patches and whatnot. Firefox 3.0 has been stable for me and I kept it updated to the latest 3.0 updates as they became available. Well, since the software management system was instructed to require the upgrade to 3.5, it informed me that if I didn't upgrade within 5 days, Firefox would be uninstalled.

I didn't want to upgrade because of all of the problems I heard people were having. FF 3.0 was stable, I saw no reason to upgrade, other than the threat of uninstall. So I reluctantly upgraded.

Today FF 3.5 crashed 5 or 6 times, all before lunch. Before upgrading I never had a crash from FF.

I was a fan of Chrome when I briefly used it, but since it wasn't available for Linux, and I occasionally use Linux, I wanted a more unified browsing experience between the two environments and stuck with FF.

Chrome didn't get removed when I installed it and ran the software management update so, at least for work, I'm sticking with Chrome. Thanks, Firefox, for giving me the reason to finally just move to Chrome.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ[;::;‹]ᵒᴥᵒญญญญญญญญญญญญ)›

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

My Firefox is stable on my work computer (Win2000) and laptop(XP Professional). On my home computer (Vista Home Premium) it crashes constantly.

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

Vista is not approved at work, so this is Firefox 3.5 on Windows XP.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ[;::;‹]ᵒᴥᵒญญญญญญญญญญญญ)›

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

FoxyMary
Chocobo Rider

I did the dam update..... And I'm paying the dam prize for it, now I get all these dam pop ups .....
And I can't figure out how to block them out......... They're driving me crazy......

So if someone has an idea or two on what I can do to sort this dam mess up, would really make my day.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Tibz
There and Back Again

my firefox is stable but it likes to crash my ffxi Sad

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Maj
Saint Subligar

I've been using Chrome since the day it was released. I love it. I love Google. I'm a Google whore.

Wait, wut

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » Firefox 3.5, no thanks
 Page 1 of 1