FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » grrrr
  The time now is Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:27 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: grrrr  Reply with quote  

Harmoni

feel like ranting at big institutions today - my credit card limit has been reduced just before the hols which is the only time i use it for the added protection - seemingly because i dont run up huge debts or have loads borrowed they have decided I dont need the money . . . when i protested they claimed it because I must have run up debts elsewhere (Which is not true - I dont even have an overdraft) - but they have no proof of this and to get my credit limit back to what it was I have to prove them wrong . . .

my isp also decided yesterday that i use the internet too much despite having a unlimited use account. The told me they had imposed a 100gb limit on me - and yesterday I was at 80gb so BEWARE!! however after spending the evening out with the pc's off by this morning I was over 120GB and therefore my speed was being reduced to 1mb for the next 28 days - still screaming at them now . . . .

TOP   BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Striker
I has Kikoku!

I've never heard of anyone's credit line going down without their credit actually going down with it. I mean if you fail to make payments, go over the limit, and do those routinely but from what you describe sounds like someone's giving you a bunch of lines.

As for the internet, I would say that someone is stealing yours. Unless you let bittorrent or other programs to download media, but you said that you left your PC off. Either that or the ISP is being very flacky if you know what I mean.

Kikoku Obtained 8/17/08

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

My credit score has been INCREASING in recent history, and I've been reducing my debt in large chunks. Despite cutting my credit card debt in half, one of them decided to cut my limit to just above the remaining balance. They didn't inform me of the credit limit reduction. I had a medical issue come up and to keep my finances relatively safe, decided to put it on that card since I figured it had a massive limit, meaning I should have a massive amount of headroom. The card was declined. I had to look like a fool to the Dr's office while I tried to figure out my finances so I could pay them the up front fees.

I think the card companies are just trying various tactics to find excuses to increase fees or something. Given the limit was reduced to just above the remaining balance, I suspect they were hoping for over limit charges.

As for your ISP problem, try turning everything off, including routers, and see what happens. Sounds like someone may be leeching your connection.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·*¯[;::;‹]ᵒᴥᵒ­­­­­­­­­­­­)›

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Fuja
Chocobo Rider

When reading about stuff like this I'm glad banks can't do that here. It's your card, so you decide the limit on it.
There's been talk about limiting the use of your ISP, but so far nothing has happened. It would be too much of an uproar if they did.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

LuckyAlex
Why hasn't Lucky asked for a title yet?

Outch /comfort

For your isp, if you have a wireless router, i suggest turning it off or at least changing its encryption key and passwords, some people can hack the encryption key and leach your net sometimes if it has been up for a year or more without changing it. If you have a normal router make sure to check where all the cable runs to.
If you don't have a router, then i suggest you to call your ISP everyday till they send a tech to your house so he can find where the gigabites are running off too because 40 gigs don't run off in 1 day, i have a 25 mbps connection and i dont even go over 100 gig(combined, download and upload) for a normal use, with some movie downloads. Most "unlimited" isp have a clause that they can limit you when they think you are over using it (some people can use their computer as a slow small server or do a lot of file sharing), i haven't seen a real "unlimited" isp.

As for the credit card, they are just there to make money any way they can. Sometimes each years they go around and cut credits because they find out they were too loose and then few months later go crasy and loans to everyone (My dad knew someone who had an horror story happen to him with his compagnie credit even tho he had a good credit score).
If you need the credit they removed from you, you could always try to get a 2nd credit card (tho it could be anoying to manage 2 card). Since i never had any credit problems, i don't know if theres an easy way to find your credit history to find if they are telling the truth or not.

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » grrrr
 Page 1 of 1