FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » News » SE to Striker: WE DO LOVE YOU!
  The time now is Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:57 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: SE to Striker: WE DO LOVE YOU!  Reply with quote  

Squitt
電 話 武 士

Job Adjustments and Additions Part I (07/03/2009)

A host of job adjustments and additions are in the pipes for the upcoming version update, including formidable new abilities for ninjas. Other jobs, too, are scheduled to benefit from myriad adjustments to magic and abilities. In this, the first part in the job adjustment series of articles, we cast the spotlight on ninjas, Vana'diel's agents of stealth and deception.

New Job Abilities

Accomplished in both offense and defense, the art of ninjutsu has over the years proven to be a favorite among adventurers across the land. Now, with the addition of the following two new abilities, ninjas can further enhance either their efficiency in offense or aptitude in defense as befits the situation.

- Yonin (Lv.40 Ability Delay: 5 min. Duration: 5 min.)
Increases enmity and enhances "ninja tool expertise" effect, but impairs accuracy. Grants a bonus to evasion and critical hit rate when in front of target.

- Innin (Lv.40 Ability Delay: 5 min. Duration: 5 min.)
Reduces enmity and impairs evasion. Grants a bonus to accuracy, critical hit rate, and ninjutsu damage when striking target from behind.

- Yonin
Strengthens one's ability to fend off blows from the enemy.
While in effect, Yonin increases enmity and enhances the effect of "ninja tool expertise" in exchange for reduced accuracy. Further bonuses are granted to evasion and critical hit rate when engaging your target from the front.
The potency of the above effects gradually decreases over time.

- Innin
Strengthens one's ability to deal damage to the enemy.
While in effect, Innin lowers enmity in exchange for reduced evasion. Further bonuses are granted to accuracy, critical hit rate, and ninjutsu damage when striking your target from behind.
As with Yonin, the potency of the above effects gradually decreases over time.

*Notes
The effects of both Yonin and Innin are mutually exclusive. Activating one while the other is in effect will result in the nullification of the one originally in effect.
Yonin and Innin have a shared ability delay. For example, a ninja who uses Yonin must wait for five minutes to elapse before either ability becomes usable again.

In implementing these new abilities, the development team has taken into consideration character positioning during party play and many other factors. To ensure a smooth gaming experience for all, testing and adjustments will be carried out to the fullest extent that time permits.

Mijin Gakure

Up until now, ninjas who were revived after using the job ability "Mijin Gakure" would find themselves alive and standing, but in a weakened state. The July version update will see self-sacrificing ninjas restored to battle-ready fitness with a generous 50% of HP in the tank.

In light of the above changes, the latent effect granted by the ninja mythic weapon will also be adjusted. In place of the effect whereby users of Mijin Gakure are spared being revived in a weakened state, a special new effect will be introduced that will activate after using Mijin Gakure.

Other magic and job abilities scheduled to be on the receiving end of improvements will be introduced in the very near future, so stay tuned!

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Huit
Tarogpan Terrorizer

hmm... dun have ninja leveled but seems complicated to me lol

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Neovilla
Bird Basher

Pretty much makes nin more for tanking lol the bonuses are nice though acc, eva, and a chance to save nin tools.
[Bastok Mission: Completed] [ San doria Mission: Completed] [Windurst Mission: Completed] [RoZ Mission: Completed] [CoP Mission: Completed] [TouA Mission: Completed] [C: 28/50][WotG Mission: 24][ACP Mission:Completed][ MKD Mission: 2][ASA Mission: 10]

Neovilla: http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=132283

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alve
Crab Crusher

Maybe Nin won't be so horribly boring anymore. :O

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

So it seems that they're going to be adding a lot of these opposing stances to jobs (a la Light/Dark arts and Solace/Misery). It's nice, and once you understand the basics, not very complicated.

This looks like a nice update to NIN, allowing them to be either a tanking NIN or a damage dealing NIN. I'm waiting with baited breath to hear Striker's reaction. Smile

Wumy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

It's kind of like Hasso/Seigan, except 5 minutes duration/recast. Instead of 5 minutes duration, but 1 minute recast.

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Freeze II 1/2 Burst II 1/3 Flame II 1/2 Flood II 1/1 Quake II 1/1 Tornado 1/1
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5
BLM75 SAM75 NIN66 WHM44 WAR40 RNG38 RDM37 THF37 DNC37 COR21 MNK20

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Pyrobug
Why haven't you asked for a title yet?

Huh, this is pretty cool. Maybe the FFXI team has some talent left after all. I'm actually interested to see if Innin makes ninjas a more appealing DD option.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM Address  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Striker
I has Kikoku!

I don't think is this update is going to effect NINs for exp, but it will help them in reguards to tanking endgame.

The ja that gives them the enmity + lowers acc ( sorry but NIN in exp has enough trouble with acc as it is )

The ja that gives enmity - increases acc but only from behind. sorry not all that useful.

I see this as more of a endgame update then anything and frankly thats what nin needed.

I is happy Very Happy

Kikoku Obtained 8/17/08

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Tenshi
Torama Taunter

This is more like saber and fan dance than hasso and seigan from the sounds of it. I'm thinking that Yonin and Innin effects are going to be very potent, at first.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:22 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

Considering our Accuracy problems in XP parties (ugh, I hate Colibris on NIN), yeah, I doubt the Enmity+ will be of use there. But I can see it help in endgame, very much so.

The enmity-/damage up ability might be of use for DDing. Of course, Ninja hardly ever just DD, but this ability might be potent enough to change that. Just not on Dragons. Very Happy

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Freeze II 1/2 Burst II 1/3 Flame II 1/2 Flood II 1/1 Quake II 1/1 Tornado 1/1
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5
BLM75 SAM75 NIN66 WHM44 WAR40 RNG38 RDM37 THF37 DNC37 COR21 MNK20

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » News » SE to Striker: WE DO LOVE YOU!
 Page 1 of 1