FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » My PS3 Kicked The Bucket.
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next The time now is Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:04 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wakk0
Megatron

I could care less if my PS3 kicks the bucket, I have a warrenty right now, it's called paul.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:03 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Budoukiba
The Poor Neenja

What I'm buying --- http://cgi.ebay.com/PS3-power-supply-Playstation-3-Tested-working-80GB_W0QQitemZ220440952676QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item33534dff64&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1234%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

How I do it --- http://www.llamma.com/PS3/repair/PS3_disassembly_tutorial.htm to only like a few steps in. =]

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Veluis
Chocobo Rider

unless I out bid you mwhahaha!

Veluis dances on your grave.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Budoukiba
The Poor Neenja

I will hunt you down Vel.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

flamedancer
Antica Addict

; ; budo

when i got my ps3 i found there was a loosen screw inside the machine (not in the hard drive compartment, its really "inside" the machine, when you tilt it you can hear it rolling down the motherboard) anyway since i had warranty the box came within 3 days and god, it was one sturdy box. They shipped me a brand new ps3 even with plastic cover on it in 4 days. Everything was covered by sony and shipped with UPS express.

I think once you open up your ps3, you wont be able to spend 150 for replacement next time though.

H-Games for life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Budoukiba
The Poor Neenja

My warranty is void anyway, so it doesn't matter if I open it up. Besides, I'm pretty good with electronic repair so I'll be fine. I'll order my power supply on July10th or so, I suspect 2-5 day delivery so I'll be back soon. I miss ya guys, hope all is well. <3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Pyrobug
Why haven't you asked for a title yet?

So, when this is all over.......you'll have a spare PS3 with a voided warranty and only missing a power supply..........................*squirm*

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM Address  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Budoukiba
The Poor Neenja

No, I clearly stated that this would be -repaired- so I'd just have the same PS3, with a different power supply.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

flamedancer wrote:
; ; budo

when i got my ps3 i found there was a loosen screw inside the machine (not in the hard drive compartment, its really "inside" the machine, when you tilt it you can hear it rolling down the motherboard) anyway since i had warranty the box came within 3 days and god, it was one sturdy box. They shipped me a brand new ps3 even with plastic cover on it in 4 days. Everything was covered by sony and shipped with UPS express.

I think once you open up your ps3, you wont be able to spend 150 for replacement next time though.

The $150 was for non-warranty repair. In warranty would be cheaper or free (should be free).

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ[;::;‹]ᵒᴥᵒญญญญญญญญญญญญ)›

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

Thebat wrote:
I count that as a win for sony and especially for budo. You cant do that with the crashbox! If your failbox dies then thats it and you have to either buy a new one that will most likely fail on you or you send it to get it "fixed" and have it fail on you again later. With the PS3 even though it sux that you have to pay for repairs, they still offer you the option for them to fix it when your warranty is expired. Its not the best thing but atleast sony does that. Great job at looking up your options budo. Take that squit!

The xbox360 failures tend to be related to components that are much more expensive to replace...like the mainboard (I'm sure the CPU is soldered and not in a socket). Replacing this is like replacing the whole thing, so they consider it total failure.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ[;::;‹]ᵒᴥᵒญญญญญญญญญญญญ)›

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Budoukiba
The Poor Neenja

I originally planned on buying a 360, but a lot of my friends constantly had problems with it so I passed it by, and yeah. The 150 is for a non-warranty repair.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Pyrobug
Why haven't you asked for a title yet?

Oh! All you're buying is the power supply. I should really pay attention.

As for the 360, it does have its problems. My friend's and my brother's machines frequently get disc read errors when there's clearly nothing wrong with the disc. It also tends to chug a lot on the OS menus, especially since that idiotic XBL2.0 update. My friend's machine even red ringed, although it's alright now. I like the thing's library, but for such basic hardware components it has really crappy reliability.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM Address  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Squitt
電 話 武 士

Ya it's nothing newsworthy to me, but I so enjoy getting Bat riled up >:3

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

flamedancer
Antica Addict

Squitt wrote:
Ya it's nothing newsworthy to me

that sounds just like my 89 year old neighbor talking about everything.

H-Games for life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Budoukiba
The Poor Neenja

Maybe he is your 89 yr old neighbor. Wink

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » My PS3 Kicked The Bucket.
 Page 2 of 3