FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » Paranoic
  The time now is Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:19 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Paranoic  Reply with quote  

gillmaree
Why haven't you asked for a title yet?

Ok, so I found out this morning that I might have an FFXIAH stalker. This person is supposedly a friend of about a year standing. I was farming magic urns in Upper Delkuft's for magic pot shards for my mule's alchemy skill ups since I/he can now make Cermet Chunks, nice little profit btw. Smile I get a /t from this person as follows; "what floor are you on? Are you farming, what are you farming and how long will you be there? Let me know when you leave, send me a /t". So I answer that I am farming magic pot shards for alchemy skill ups and on Mimas floor. About five minutes later the person comes back with "wow FFXIAH really has your profile screwed up, says your alchemy is level 3 (true statement, my main alchemy IS level 3), so I respond they are for my mule. A few minutes later, they come back and say, oh ok lol (which means they took the time to go check my mule on FFXIAH). They are also are very well aware that my mule is the alchemist..........

Let me add here that this person exclusively camps Delkuft's, Pashhow and W. Sarutabaruta for crafting materials, or has at least for several months, so you can come up with the purpose on your own as I did.

Maybe it's just me, but #1 I almost never check areas I am planning on farming for my mule's crafting supplies, except for Li'Telor when I go after Tree Cuttings, which my mule and my main grow for Saplings and Elemental Ores, AND, I only check FFXIAH when I want to post a comment for someone that I particularly enjoy being around, or I am running an update on my account, or checking a price for something I need or want to sell. I don't watch other people's profiles............. Confused

It was just kinda creepy to me, although I realize fully that FFXIAH is a public forum.

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Squitt
電 話 武 士

I don't know Gill, the line "Let me know when you leave, send me a /t" kind of suggests to me that the individual in question just didn't want to go up there in Delkfut and farm the same mobs you were farming in competition. So from that perspective it sounds like they were being considerate and letting you have free reign of the area and just wouldn't go up until after you had left it.

That being said we have had issues in the past where people use that site to figure out how you're making money so that they can do it too. I know several tHS members have their latest sales data set at 1 or 0 to combat this, because obviously the more people doing the same crafts/farming that you are doing, the less profit there is.

Still, I hope the individual in question here was innocently stating a fact, and not maliciously attempting to invade your privacy.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Bristow
Caster of Disaster

I semi stalk people on FFXI, but merely to see progression (and sometimes be nosey) but I don't check mules and send /t. that's just crazy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

/stalks Bristow

Wumy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

/em checks out Wumy on FFXIAH.....

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Pyrobug
Why haven't you asked for a title yet?

/jumps on the band wagon.
Very Happy >.> <.<
/checks hos own FFXIAH profile
I'm not good in social situations ._.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM Address  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » Paranoic
 Page 1 of 1