FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » News » Dunador
  The time now is Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:13 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Dunador  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

Dang BnB, we're all gonna miss yas. But im glad you did what you considered best for yourself.

Now i believe would be a prime time to spill my guts. About a week ago, my dad told me to cut it off. After 10 minutes of looking for a rep, and helping pty to the camp in AU, my dad got pissed, came in, wouldnt take any excuse, and took both my controller and keyboard. The keyboard he smashed into two pieces, and threw away. The controller, he smashed on the ground, but it didnt break (damn things are strong). To make a longer story short(ish), Im tired of fighting my parents. I love playing XI, and love playing with you guys, but im tired, so so tired, of fighting for my right to do what i love. Now, with a PS2, no keyboard, and a broken will, i dont think i will be returning. Reading BnB's confession, kinda lead me to my own resignation. So ya... there it is. I didnt even reach 75, so i didnt get as full a experience as BnB, but im just soo tired. In about 2 years when im free and on my own, ill be back, so if you guys still play in 2 years, ill be there, not sure as Dunador, but I'll remember ya'lls name trust me.
GW2 - Retired: Dunador Serestil - Mesmer - Maguuma
Steam Handle: Dunador (Profile Link)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Squitt
電 話 武 士

Dunador wrote:
The keyboard he smashed into two pieces, and threw away. The controller, he smashed on the ground, but it didnt break (damn things are strong). To make a longer story short(ish), Im tired of fighting my parents. I love playing XI, and love playing with you guys, but im tired, so so tired, of fighting for my right to do what i love.

For some reason Cats in the Cradle plays in my head when I read about your parents.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

this isnt really my desire for RL thats pulling me away, its the fact that my parents are assholes, to be blunt.

And squitt....all i can say is lol. ^^;

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

I know this razz, i never said it was easy, but seriously, taking the one thing i honestly have fun with, isnt really what i consider smart. I am already and responsible and respecting person, ive got top grades in school, officer of the FBLA club, and i compete annually in Future Problem solving. I guess, though, the only way for you to know what my life is like, is for you to live it. Remember this: many parents are good, such as yourself, but not all are.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

It sounds like a lot of your interaction with your parents involve conflict. Have you considered attempting to just sit and talk to them without the conflict? It can open your eyes, as well as theirs. They don't know what you want unless you tell them, and you don't know what they want unless they tell you.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ[;::;‹]ᵒᴥᵒญญญญญญญญญญญญ)›

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

we've tryed that alot, but it always ends up in my headstrong dad insulting and criticizing me right in my face, then when i attempt to protest, he gets real mad, starts yelling, and spit flys. Oh no, sitting wont help. And if my mom even trys to back me up, my dad gets mad at her for taking my side, then the conflict no longer involves my issues, something i dont want. For now, im going to just forget it, and enjoy my 6 week summer camp at Murray State University. I dont want to get kicked from the ths site over my parents.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

Sounds like you are the mature one, between you and your dad. Props for trying to save your mother grief, at least.

Sounds to me like you just need to work on getting your own place ASAP.

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Freeze II 1/2 Burst II 1/3 Flame II 1/2 Flood II 1/1 Quake II 1/1 Tornado 1/1
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5
BLM75 SAM75 NIN66 WHM44 WAR40 RNG38 RDM37 THF37 DNC37 COR21 MNK20

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

Thatll be 2 years, sadly. So ya, prolly until then, im thinking im done with XI.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

didnt mean to intrude on BnB's, sorry mayeh, but umm... could you at least spell my name right?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Bigandbeefy
Fist of the Heavens

Dunador wrote:
we've tryed that alot, but it always ends up in my headstrong dad insulting and criticizing me right in my face, then when i attempt to protest, he gets real mad, starts yelling, and spit flys. Oh no, sitting wont help. And if my mom even trys to back me up, my dad gets mad at her for taking my side, then the conflict no longer involves my issues, something i dont want. For now, im going to just forget it, and enjoy my 6 week summer camp at Murray State University. I dont want to get kicked from the ths site over my parents.

Ever think of having it out with him in front of a third party? A third party whose opinion he values? Embarassment is a powerful weapon. When you're being reasonable and he's being irrational, it's hard as hell to take his side.

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

i have, yes, but im not sure of whom hes be embarassed in front of. He nor my mom really have no friends out here, that wouldnt side with them, and we have no family for several hundred miles.

Thanks for whoever fixed my name >.>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

Dunador wrote:

Thanks for whoever fixed my name >.>

You're welcome Wink

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Freeze II 1/2 Burst II 1/3 Flame II 1/2 Flood II 1/1 Quake II 1/1 Tornado 1/1
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5
BLM75 SAM75 NIN66 WHM44 WAR40 RNG38 RDM37 THF37 DNC37 COR21 MNK20

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » News » Dunador
 Page 1 of 1