FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » FFXI Discussions » Black Mage macros
 Goto page 1, 2  Next The time now is Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:57 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Black Mage macros  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

I'm about reorganise my BLM macros, since I just can't fit enough equipment swaps into my spell macros any more. And I was just wondering how other BLMs have their macrosets laid out.

I currently have the following setup:

on all sets, ctrl-0 is /target <bt> & /check, or for Dynamis /target <stnpc>

misc set:
ctrl: rest, staff weaponskills, misc stuff
alt: 1-6 Cure 3 on partymembers <me> & <p1> to <p5> for easy battlecures

enfeeble set:
ctrl: elemental enfeebles (shock,frost and the lot) + bio 2 + poison 2
alt: normal enfeebles and aspir

nukesets:
ctrl: regular nuke + drain
alt: -ga or Ancient

My nukesets go down in strength as I go down the sets, the higest tier being closest to my enfeeble set.

Currently I have a lot of random macros squished into weird places, because a long long time ago, I thought I'd have to have them macroed. (I have banish macros in there, don't ask). So I'm thinking about weeding those out.

I'm thinking I need to make ctrl- and alt-1 the equipment swap macro for any spells that are on the same row. And only do elemental staff switching in the actual spell macros.

Basically I have equipment sets for Elemental (lots of elemental skill stuff), Enfeebling (lots of enfeebling skill stuff), Dark (dark skill stuff) and healing (Enmity- stuff). I also try to put in INT and/or Enmity- if there's no piece with the skill I want.

I'd still have a cure & misc set, then a enfeebling & dark set and again, nuke sets.

Also, I know I can put multiple spells in one macro, say Stone IV, Stone III and Stone II, so if Stone IV is down, Stone III is cast, and I might still put that in, but I like having the lower tier spells seperate, so I can toss those out, even if the highest tier is up, just to save MP. (No use casting IV if that takes off 10%, and there's only 5% HP left on the mob).

So, what kind of layouts do you guys use, and what tips and tricks do you have?

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Freeze II 1/2 Burst II 1/3 Flame II 1/2 Flood II 1/1 Quake II 1/1 Tornado 1/1
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5
BLM75 SAM75 NIN66 WHM44 WAR40 RNG38 RDM37 THF37 DNC37 COR21 MNK20

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Bristow
Caster of Disaster

Well I'm just not a big macro user. So things I have macroed are
Elemental Enfeebeling (Burn>Choke>Shock) and (Frost>Rasp>Drown)
But I kind of stopped those since I would miss bursts because I'd be mid macro when they'd begin. Is it bad that I didn't debuff a lot like Bio or poison?
For nukeing I might macro in the different element staff that will go w/ whatever spell (mostly just leave Ice since I don't have a whole set of them) /equip main " <Element> Staff" /wait 1 /ma <spell> <bt>

Then i manually equip change while I heal. I have my dark staff and seer's tunic I swap out. This just makes it so I can pay attention. Otherwise I'd be bored hitting Ctrl + 1, Alt + 6, etc.

I need to get back to xping blm. I've been missing it. I still need an elemental tourque if anyone wants to help me get one Wink

Last edited by Bristow on Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nightpanda
Why haven't you asked for a title yet?

:O

/ma "Cure III" <stpc>

Use that instead of 6 macros for cure, you have one where you can hit it and press F1 - F6 to target party members.

alt-1: /equip main "Thunder Staff" /ma Stun <t>
alt-2: /equip main "Thunder Staff" /equip body "Iguira weskit" /ma "Thunder IV" <t>

Ect...

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Maj
Saint Subligar

PM'd regarding 3rd party tools.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nightpanda

Lol Maj, i'm a RDM and a BLM, the 2 jobs that would most benifet those things and I never used em Razz

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Maj
Saint Subligar

Pfft, I'm not talking about those stupid Preset BLM Button thingies.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

Ok I have the most insane BLM Macros I think. I swap in the appropriate staff and gear before casting the spell.

ALT
1. Aspir <t>
2. Drain <t>
3. Resting equipment
4. Stun <t>
5. Sleep 2 <stnpc>
6. Sleepga 2 <stnpc>
7. Escape
8. Cure 3 <stpc>
9. Sneak <stpc>
0. Invis <stpc>

CTRL
1. Blink & Stoneskin
2. -aga 3 <stnpc>
3. Choke & Bio 2
4. -aga 3 <stnpc>
5. Stone 4 <stnpc>
6. Aero 4 <stnpc>
7. Blizzard 4 <stnpc>
8. Fire 4 <stnpc>
9. Water 4 <stnpc>
0. Thunder 4 <stnpc>

The two -aga 3 vary according to mob etc. for those macros I put in emnity- gear, in cases where I am using a tier 4 single target nuke on MB I change the corresponding tier 4 spell to a tier 3. For Stun I don't change gear. For everything else I equip whatever gives me the best result for that spell, Gloves, Pants, Body, Torque, Staff. The only time I switch headgear is on my Sleep Macros where I swap in my Igqira Tiara, then I have to manual swap to my Wizard Hat after I am done. I may play around with my macros so that I can equip the nuke set seperatly and do the multiple tier nukes as Alanir mentioned.

The only difference for Dynamis is that I take out the debuffs and -aga 3s and place my /assist macros there. I also take out the escape, sneak and invis macros.

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Maj
Saint Subligar

Oh what the hell, it's only Windower. Here's my PM to Doc:

Windower macros are god. Learn them, live them, love them. Windower macros can have an infinte number of lines in them, and they run separate of each other, unlike regular FFXI macros. Here's how they work: You create a text file containing the macro you want and name it whatever, then call it with a /console command. Let me show you an example of one of my weaponskill macros, full of equipment swaps (Note the slightly different syntax):

File Name: Spinning_Slash.txt

File Contents:

/input equip head "Wyvern Helm"
/input equip neck "Spike Necklace"
/input equip ring1 "Flame Ring"
/input equip ring2 "Ruby Ring"
/input equip body "Hauberk"
/input equip waist "Warwolf Belt"
/input equip legs "Ryl.Kgt. Breeches"
/input ws "Spinning Slash" <t>
/pause 3
/input equip head "Optical Hat"
/input equip neck "Ryl.Grd. Collar"
/input equip ring2 "Woodsman Ring"
/input equip legs "Thick Breeches"

I can then call this macro with the ingame command /console exec "Spinning_Slash.txt" You can put this command into one of your FFXI macros.

This also makes it really easy to tweak macros. Like I have 3 different macros for Spinning Slash, each with a slightly different name. On high evasion mobs, I opt for my Spinning_Slash_Life.txt file, which replaces my Warwolf with Life Belt after the WS. I also have a Spinning_Slash2.txt file, which is the same as the example, except with no "loading equipment" swaps (I left in only the belt/ring/neck swaps to avoid my character reloading), which I use in more casual situations, or when I want to see the skillchain go off. When I want to switch, I simply go to my FFXI macro editor thingy and change /console exec "Spinning_Slash.txt" to /console exec "Spinning_Slash2.txt" or whatever. Makes for nearly painless macro tweaks, depending on the situation.

All the text files go in the Scripts folder in your windower folder.

EDIT: Oh, and if I remember correctly, for spells with a gear swap timer, you'd start the gear swaps after the <stnpc> part of the macro, so your gear swap timer isn't counting down while you select a target. Such as:

/input ma Bewmbewmga III <stnpc>
/input equip swaps here
/pause # of seconds to wait for spell to get done casting
/input regular re-equips here

or whatever

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nightpanda

Maj wrote:
Pfft, I'm not talking about those stupid Preset BLM Button thingies.

Neither was I lol. I think those are dumb tbh.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Maj
Saint Subligar

I'm just a gear swap whore Embarassed

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nightpanda

Maj wrote:

(Random WHM in Maj's EXP party)Damnit! Its your gear's fault you died not mine!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

I'm hesitant to start using windower macros, since A) SE could see that as cheating, and they could actually detect it if they wanted (as opposed to TParty and Distance). and B) if they patch so that the windower doesn't work, I'd be stuck without my macros.

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Maj
Saint Subligar

Nightpanda wrote:
Maj wrote:

(Random WHM in Maj's EXP party)Damnit! Its your gear's fault you died not mine!

I'm just a sucky 'ol DRK, I never get hate anyway. Laughing

EDIT: And why not just make a backup of your current macros to use should Windower crash or in the event that you're unsatisfied with the macros?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

Six slots for cure macros seems kind of inefficient to me, but if it works for you, it works. I use <t> or <stpc> depending on whether or not I'm meleeing.

I tend to put enfeebles and other stuff on the CNTL line, and nukes on the ALT line. I also tend to put stuff in elemental order: Fire > Earth > Water > Wind > Ice > Lightining > Dark > Light. I do this for all jobs with elemental stuff, so I know exactly which number to hit regardless of job.

I try to keep palette switching to a minimum, since that's a great way to get yourself into huge farking trouble, especially in Dynamis. :O However, it's unavoidable, sadly.

I did recently purchase a Logitech G15 gaming keyboard, with 18 programmable macro keys on the side with three levels (for a total of 54). The keyboard allows you to create different profiles, so I have separate ones for BRD, WHM, SMN and BLM, and will be creating one for RDM one of these days. If you are a heavy macro user, I highly recommend this keyboard--it's really sweet and can be purchased for around $50. It's also backlit, which I find a thing of beauty and a joy forever. Only drawback is that it has a relatively large footprint for a keyboard.

Wumy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

Wumyamya wrote:
Six slots for cure macros seems kind of inefficient to me, but if it works for you, it works.

Eh, that macro bar is not very crowded, so I don't miss it. I switch sets a lot anyways.

Maybe when I redo my sets, I'll switch to <stpc>, but I must say, it's nice to be able to just mash a macro over and over till the spell starts casting.

I'll see.

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » FFXI Discussions » Black Mage macros
 Page 1 of 2