FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » FFXI Discussions » CoP Static: PM 4-2 Preparation - Feather Farming Fun
 Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next The time now is Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:20 pm 

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: CoP Static: PM 4-2 Preparation - Feather Farming Fun  Reply with quote  

danakate
aka Grace Abernathy

Hi, guys! Now that we're (mostly) through PM 3-5, let's push on forward to PM 4-2, ye olde bigge fatte dwagon. We'll give this a shot the first time Saturday, June 3, 2006 - 3pm EST, which is our normally scheduled static time. I'll post more details as the date gets closer.

Don't forget to get all your cutscenes to get to CoP 4-2. And, by the way, when you do, you'll have access to the Jeuno AH in the Tavnazian Safehold! \o/

General 4-2 information.

There's a quest in the Safehold that requires you turn in 2 Hippogryph Tailfeathers for 1 mistmelt. We need those mistmelts. The guide recommends farming for the tailfeathers in Riverne Site #B01, which has a level cap of 50, now. Soporific has already set foot in there and soloed some of the monsters and gathered 3 tailfeathers.

What are the mistmelts, you ask? They're what's needed to keep Ouryu, the dragon we have to fight, on the ground. And we definitely want Ouryu on the ground, so I say get at many as those darn feathers as we can!

Also, if you do get feathers, the mistmelts are EX so if you don't want to be carrying them around or don't want to be the mistmelter for the party, don't turn them in.

You guys are more than welcome to go to Riverne Site #B01 whenever you want to try and get feathers, but I thought it would also be a good idea to setup some actual farming times. We can also try to kill some Pyrodrakes and get a giant scale or two, too, so we don't have to waste time doing that on the actual run.

So, let me know if you think you can make it. If only one or two people can make a given time it might not be doable, depending on the jobs (I don't really know).

Farming Sessions Led By Yuron:
Wednesday, May 24, 2006: 8pm EST - 10pm EST
Participants: Yuron

Friday, May 26, 2006: 8pm EST - whenever I fall over (could possibly start earlier)
Participants: Yuron, Soporific

Saturday, May 27, 2006: 11am EST - 1:30pm EST (I have something going on during regular static time, but you all are free to keep going if you wish)
Participants: Yuron, Alananir, Soporific

Monday, May 29, 2006: 12pm EST - 4pm EST (yay for national holidays!)
Participants: Yuron, Alananir, Soporific

Wednesday, May 31, 2006: 8pm EST - 10pm EST

Friday, June 2, 2006: 8pm EST - whenever
Participants: Yuron, Alananir

Hopefully we'll all be able to meet up on one of those days. I realize Friday nights are Dynamis nights for some of you, which is why I tried to put in other times.

Last edited by danakate on Wed May 24, 2006 10:00 pm; edited 3 times in total

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

sopoRific
Ovinnik Overlord

I have enough feathers for 3 mistmelts.

Also, the feathers stack to 12 and are not Ex, so we can farm a bunch of feathers and hold on to them until we decide who is actually going to use the mistmelts.

Finally, the feathers are real easy to farm, and don't take a long time to get (I soloed my 6 about an hour after we did Diabolos). I really think having 6 farming sessions is at least 5 sessions of overkill.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

danakate
aka Grace Abernathy

Well, you're assuming that everyone shows up to all 6 farming sessions. Wink

If we can get one really good farming session in, I'll cancel the rest.

How hard/squishy are the Hippogryphs? I haven't looked to see what they're weak to/special attacks they have.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Striker
I has Kikoku!

lucky it took me like 3 hrs to get enough for 2 mismelts when I was solo farming, then when I actually had help ( my static didn't like to assist with the prep work ) it still took like another 2 to get to the point that we had 8 mismelts...

Do not forget, you need to one of the dragon scales to reach the Monarch Linn site.

Kikoku Obtained 8/17/08

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

; ; i was hoping on toss an "end of school year" get-to-gether at my place wednesday, but no guarantee thatll happen, so if it dont, ill try n show up. Remember, wednesday is my last definite posting day, so you'll have to gimme intel on whats going on after that ; ;
GW2 - Retired: Dunador Serestil - Mesmer - Maguuma
Steam Handle: Dunador (Profile Link)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: CoP Static: PM 4-2 Preparation - Feather Farming Fun  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

danakate wrote:

I can probably make this, since I have the next day off.

danakate wrote:

Friday, May 26, 2006: 8pm EST - whenever I fall over (could possibly start earlier)

Can't make this, doing Dynamis - San d'Oria. Which means that Razzlette, Striker, Wumyamya and others that are in Seppuku will be unavailable too.

danakate wrote:

Saturday, May 27, 2006: 11am EST - 1:30pm EST (I have something going on during regular static time, but you all are free to keep going if you wish)

I'll be there

danakate wrote:

I can do this, I'll be a bit later though, I get off work around 1pm EST

danakate wrote:

I have to work the next day, so no can do.

danakate wrote:

Seppuku is doing Xarcabard on that day, and I lack Northlands access, so I'll be there.

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Freeze II 1/2 Burst II 1/3 Flame II 1/2 Flood II 1/1 Quake II 1/1 Tornado 1/1
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5
BLM75 SAM75 NIN66 WHM44 WAR40 RNG38 RDM37 THF37 DNC37 COR21 MNK20

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

danakate
aka Grace Abernathy

Doc, you really only had to tell me which sessions you'd actually make it to. Razz

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

I know. I'm just tired and in a silly mood.

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Freeze II 1/2 Burst II 1/3 Flame II 1/2 Flood II 1/1 Quake II 1/1 Tornado 1/1
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5
BLM75 SAM75 NIN66 WHM44 WAR40 RNG38 RDM37 THF37 DNC37 COR21 MNK20

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

lol, he be in a helpful mood XD
GW2 - Retired: Dunador Serestil - Mesmer - Maguuma
Steam Handle: Dunador (Profile Link)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

Well...

I cannot make any of those sessions as I will be out of town from the 5/25 to 6/2 and I have dynamis that Friday night. >< Sorry. You know I'd be there if I could.

I can be there for the 4-2 run, however.

But, if you're all good boys and girls, I'll post this year's experimental results with Mentos and diet soda. ^^

Wumy

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

danakate
aka Grace Abernathy

Alananir wrote:
I know. I'm just tired and in a silly mood.

Speaking of tired, are you sure you want to try to make the runs that "start" at 2am your time? I know your sleep schedule is screwy in the first place, but still.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

danakate
aka Grace Abernathy

Wumyamya wrote:
I cannot make any of those sessions as I will be out of town from the 5/25 to 6/2 and I have dynamis that Friday night. >< Sorry. You know I'd be there if I could.

Understood. It shouldn't be a problem. I don't expect everyone to show up. Hopefully, if things go well like when Soporific went soloing, we'll just have one good run and have enough feathers for a truckload of mistmelts and be done with it. Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: CoP Static: PM 4-2 Preparation - Feather Farming Fun  Reply with quote  

Squitt
電 話 武 士

danakate wrote:

Tbh, none of the days really work for me. I can rearrange things to try and help out in one of the days I've put into itallics, but Dad likely will get upset if try that because we have 18- days to get out of our current house and move into the new one, and as it stands right now we don't have a finished bathroom in the new house yet. The whole family has pretty much used up our vaction time already, so our only days to get the needed stuff done is evenings and weekends and the holiday.

That's my whole life in a nutshell for the next two plus weeks. I'll check about Monday availability and let you know.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

danakate
aka Grace Abernathy

Thanks for the info, Squitt. Don't worry too much about it. Life takes priority over this. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: CoP Static: PM 4-2 Preparation - Feather Farming Fun  Reply with quote  

sopoRific
Ovinnik Overlord

My plan this week is to level Monk and Warrior in preparation to level Ninja, so I won't really want to do farming Wednesday. I'll be ready to farm Friady, Saturday, and Monday though.

danakate wrote:
The guide recommends farming for the tailfeathers in Riverne Site #B01, which has a level cap of 50, now. Soporific has already set foot in there and soloed some of the monsters and gathered 3 tailfeathers.

Technically, I farmed the hippogryphs at Site #A01, because I still had my level 40 gear on after Diabolos, and I can charm the birds that roam around #A01 but not the Lesser Rocs that roam around #B01.

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » FFXI Discussions » CoP Static: PM 4-2 Preparation - Feather Farming Fun
 Page 1 of 3