FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Media » Who says skillchains are dead?
 Goto page Previous  1, 2 The time now is Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:53 am 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

Last ths meripo I was in, after the first few mobs, we rarely solo ws.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ[;::;‹]ᵒᴥᵒญญญญญญญญญญญญ)›

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:59 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

Note that unlike some Limbus mobs, these took normal damage, as shown by my 184 crit, which is on the low side.

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Freeze II 1/2 Burst II 1/3 Flame II 1/2 Flood II 1/1 Quake II 1/1 Tornado 1/1
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5
BLM75 SAM75 NIN66 WHM44 WAR40 RNG38 RDM37 THF37 DNC37 COR21 MNK20

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

Wow, you have a lot of artifacting on your screen, all that text in weird places, you should think about a new video card to clear that up. Wink

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Shef
Jailer of Lulz

What was the saying that popped up around ToAU?

It was along the lines of:

"You cant spell skillchain without kill chain" or something, claiming that skillchains were detrimental to getting chain #9001.

ToAU brought about a damage sausage fest, mainly because your war/nin would want to rampage every 10 seconds, instead of using a skillchainable WS, which wouldn't allow him to do uber damage, not to mention the fear of losing your precious TP when pulling hate off of the tank with auto-attack while fighting birds.

And as nine said, since everyone and their momma was a TP spamming whore/nin, the fail spilled over into non-exp ventures, and skillchaining as we know it became taboo. Skillchains were Pretty much one of the few things that kept me in the game.

Screw you FFXI player base.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

That's a bit shortsighted of you, Shef.

In Endgame activities, skillchaining is still very much alive, and in the merit parties where I am, skillchains are pretty common. Not everyone does it, but lots of people chain with me. And in LS meripos it's just normal to do so.

That _some_ people do things like you say is true, but it's not everyone anymore.

And I'm part of said player base, as are most people on this forum. Are you including us in your statement at the end there?

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

Really, what I'm trying to say is this: If you want to spout off and bitch and complain about FFXI sucking, please don't do it here. Most people here are still fans, still like to play and are quite happy with things.

If you feel different, that's fine, but please don't piss over us by expressing that so loudly on these forums. At least, that's how your post felt to me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

LuckyAlex
Why hasn't Lucky asked for a title yet?

Alananir wrote:
That's a bit shortsighted of you, Shef.

In Endgame activities, skillchaining is still very much alive, and in the merit parties where I am, skillchains are pretty common. Not everyone does it, but lots of people chain with me. And in LS meripos it's just normal to do so.

That _some_ people do things like you say is true, but it's not everyone anymore.

And I'm part of said player base, as are most people on this forum. Are you including us in your statement at the end there?

Oh ths merit parties, i remember when i was with Doc sam, i was openning light for him on my pld while trying to keep hate, it was fun ^_^; i really need to try to get a ths merit pt for my drk, i miss playing drk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

tears
:Long Live TheHonourableSouls:

ooo doc i dont think that was his intentions, i think he ment just how ppl these days just disregard skillchaining at the AU regions all together and how he misses the classic exp pt gameplay, anywho yes shef skillchaining are alive and well , just TP burns finally have a better place to call home and popularity has grown because it causes faster imperial standing gain which then inturns to ISNMing which then gets us what we all need..... gil.... fasterish

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1010/tearssc9.jpg

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Media » Who says skillchains are dead?
 Page 2 of 2