FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » ARGH!
  The time now is Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:11 am 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: ARGH!  Reply with quote  

Zealos
Torama Taunter

So my day yesterday must have gone exactly according to some divine arse's plan. First off, I wake up as I normally do, feeling entirely sick to my stomach. I grab a quick shower and hop on the computer, hoping to play some FFXI before work. Turn the thing on and it freezes on the "Press F11 for System Restore" sceen and then plunks down a few error messages before stating "OS Not Found." So after trying to rememdy the issue, I finally had to format my HD and use my System Recovery CD to reinstall the factory defaults. So I lost everything, pretty much. Years of POL and FFXI updates, all my music, all my pictures, etc.

So this pretty much bums me out to start with, but I get over it. I'll download updates when I get home and it's not really THAT major. Then I go to work. Work is stressful and hectic, as usual. Some of my underlings have taken to biting each others' heads off, so I have to intervene in yet another argument-gone-bad. So I get done with my shift at like 00:15 and head home.

I arrive home and enter my cozy studio. I approached my freezer, knowing that my Cherry Garcia awaited me. Open the freezer and VOILA everything inside has thawed out. Something went haywire in the freezer/fridge and now there's no cool. I have to throw out around $100 worth of food and I don't know what's wrong with my fridge. Have to talk to my landlord and see if they will repair/replace it because it came with the apartment.

So now I'm thoroughly stressed and unhappy. On top of that, I'll get to eat Ramen Noodles and microwaveable Hamburger Helper for the next 10 days or so. Mad

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nama
Ovinnik Overlord

but atleast you have FFXI and us ^^

Every Drop of Sweat in Training is One Less Drop of Blood in Battle

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Zealos
Torama Taunter

Nama wrote:
but atleast you have FFXI and us ^^

I won't have FFXI until I download some 17,000 odd files or so...about three to four years' worth of version updates... /sigh

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Oni
Bluredalidin

better get started then

If people were ment to be alone there wouldn't be so many of us on this planet.

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » ARGH!
 Page 1 of 1