FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » News » WAR/NIN nerf??? or was it NIN/??? and THF/NIN?
 Goto page 1, 2  Next The time now is Thu May 24, 2018 12:29 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject: WAR/NIN nerf??? or was it NIN/??? and THF/NIN?  Reply with quote  

Striker
I has Kikoku!

I can't find the link to the page that SE made about what they had in mind for the jobs, but they said "We've noticed a lot of Warriors are subbing Ninja and nothing else, we want to encourage them to try other subjobs"

Sooooo what does SE do, takes the TP Floor away... "The amount of TP accumulated when attacking a monster has changed for both the player and the monster." SE made no reference to the fact that they were going to be doing something this big... however if many haven't noticed ( this was pointed out to me as soon as I got onto TS tonight for Dynamis ) what I used to get as a return for my tp for 1 round of swings 10tp, now I get 9 ( I know it doesn't sound like much but listen ) I later learn that SE changed the tp floor so if you have less then 180 delay or 360 if you're duel wielding you get 4-4.5 tp per hit, and giving the ppl with 2hd weapons even more tp then they already get ... Who is hurt more by this ?? the 3 major jobs are THF/NIN MNK/WAR and NIN/WAR I'd say in that order too...

My reasoning for that order, by doing this SE has basically made /THF more viable specially post 60 when other jobs get TA, also as my THF the only ppl that were able to keep up with my TP gain were well equipped DRGs, SAMs and RNGs... now decently equipped DRKs will be able to keep up with my tp, and the well equipped ones will out tp me on a regular basis.. ( no offense to DRKs but yea ) now as a NIN if my pt offered me a choice I didn't choose THF or DRK or SAM because I think one is gimp, the choice I made was because I wanted the consistant skillchain, who would usually give me that THF or SAM... however now DRKs are probally going to be a better choice... ( gee as if THFs didn't have enough trouble trying to be usefull to skilled parties / my THF generally got invites for pts that REQUIRED one since the tank sucked or ppl didn't know how to play )... MNKs who also have the short end of the stick on this as well, because until they get to 60 they don't get that many invites since they can't open the most popular skillchain in the game ( distortion ) till then, and with their martial arts traits, their delay starts at 480 and goes down to close to 320 iirc, + whatever their weapons give delay wise, the mnks I talked to tonight were saying that they got 9 tp regularly, with these 2 things I think MNKs are going to have even more fun sitting lfp in the 10-60 lvl ranges.. and finally NINs, we're expected to tank thats fine ( hell I enjoy that very much so ) but SE just took away something that I have come to expect in order to hold off 2 /wars doing a lvl 3 skillchain, Blade: Jin for 500-700 damage including 9-12 enmity does hold off a 600 >> 900 >> 900...

However this brings me to my Final thing, SE was also talking about discurraging mana burn pts, but in fact they discurraged TP burn pts ( except for the axe burn of WAR/NIN x4, RDM/BLM, BRD/WHM ) because of reducing the floor you take away from the jobs that require the quick tp to get the tp required to do the majority of their damage... the only thing that isn't totally killed from the above 3 jobs are MNKs doing their bone pt's, because in those pts their h2h blunt skill over comes the slower tp gain since they don't depend on ws's for 90% of their damage, however the THF burn pts require gaining TP within 30-45 seconds and doing a WS from there this is where they get 90% of their damage into play, NINs can kinda cover their DoT by increasing their gear in the DD section...

Don't even get me on the topic of THF end game...

The good things about this TP change, DRGs are now going to be a HUGE DD once again ( penta spam ? ) SAMs won't need to depend on meditate to out tp THFs and NINs, DRKs can now skillchain with THFs regularly...

I know I've stated many times that my goals are to get NIN and THF to 75, get all skills capped, and then take leatherworking to 100 with the rest of the crafting guilds to 60, and I would also like to complete the ZM and CoP story lines, however I can't seem to stay encouraged enough to continue, I'm seriously reconsidering my reservation for the ToUA pack, and considering about dropping FFXI as a hole, I just can't believe that SE would be that FAWKING STUPID, that they would think something like this would FIX anything besides making one job that they know is already overpowered and make it even MORE overpowered...

Kikoku Obtained 8/17/08

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Kade
The Duke of San d'Oria

Keep in mind that Sq/E also said that they were not gonna change everything all at once, and were going to string it out over a few updates.
Hopefully if the tp change is not good, they will do something to fix that.
Also keep in mind that every time there is a "gimp" , people find ways to compensate, and life moves on.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/KadeFFXI?ref=profile

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alve
Crab Crusher

So, you're gonna have to wait one or two more attack rounds to get to 100% TP?
Mah gawd, it is the end of the world! ;(

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

No change to my TP gain at all.

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alve
Crab Crusher

I read on KI that after patch, a 75 Mnk with Destroyers now recieves
something like 4.89 TP per hit instead of 5.

Omg, nerf! Mad

Last edited by Alve on Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

I didn't notice much difference with Swords or my Battle Spork.

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Freeze II 1/2 Burst II 1/3 Flame II 1/2 Flood II 1/1 Quake II 1/1 Tornado 1/1
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5
BLM75 SAM75 NIN66 WHM44 WAR40 RNG38 RDM37 THF37 DNC37 COR21 MNK20

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Tibz
There and Back Again

Hey I know this is way off topic but.

HEY ALVE !!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Maj
Saint Subligar

Also off-topic:

HOLY CRAP LOL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: TP  Reply with quote  

Razzlette
Tarogpan Terrorizer

I didn't see a big diffrence & still out TP'd the others in my party. I don't think that .2 is that big of a diffrence any ways like Alve said its not the end of the world. Wink

btw: Nice sig Alve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Striker
I has Kikoku!

As nin it takes away from my ability to do a blade: jin every fight, I rather like being able to hold hate off of 2 /wars, take my jin away and I can't do it...

As my THF in which I'm a THF/NIN, I get a consistant 100% every 45-60 seconds, take that away and even less ppl will invite...

WAR/NIN duel wielding axes on the otherhand get MORE tp back...

So they hurt 2 jobs that ( albiet NIN kinda deserves it ), and help another one that doesn't need any help....

Kikoku Obtained 8/17/08

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alve
Crab Crusher

War/Nin doesn't get more TP, only Two-handed weapons does. >_>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Ninelives
Le Fantôme de l’Forums

It's only at level 54, but I was in a party this morning as my Thief/Ninja and I still out-TP'd the Ninja tank and the Dragoon DD by a lot. I was constantly at 150-175% TP by the time someone was ready to skillchain with me. If there is a TP reduction, I didn't notice it at all. It's not like 15% TP will matter much; my job is to get to 100% and be ready to close the skillchain isn't it?

If you quit Striker, you are EXACTLY the same as ever Ranger that bitched and moaned and whined before declaring "OMG! I CAN'T EVER PLAY MY JOB AGAIN!!! D:" and then quit rather than continuing to enjoy their job after the ranged accuracy patch. It's the same as every Beastmaster that instead of finding a way to adapt to the MPK patch, gave up, stuck their thumb in their ass, and sat in a little ball on their floor instead of learning to play a little differently. You think if they adjust Black Mage and reduce my damage output I'm going to quit the game? Think I'll leave the game and give up all my friends on here because a MB hits for 800 damage instead of 1k damage?

*points to the LS sackholder icon by your name*

Sorry if I seem attacking in this, but damn dude... Get. Over. It.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Squitt
電 話 武 士

Ninelives wrote:
*points to the LS sackholder icon by your name*

Ouch.
I don't exactly see eye to eye with Striker on a lot of things.. but that was harsh and awesome all rolled into one. Confused

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Striker
I has Kikoku!

I'm not thinking about quitting because they changed my TP return, I'm considering because they just helped out a already over powered job WAR/NIN, though I haven't tried an exp pt yet at which point yes I'll be the first to admit that I'm over reacting, but SE stated that they wanted to encourage warriors to use something besides /nin... And I'll bet 300k that you're going to see even more WAR/NINs then before...

As for the getting over it thing, I've dealt with 3 major changes that SE did to NIN, dealt with all the dumbasses cheering saying that NIN couldn't tank anymore, just to prove them wrong, In the last 2yrs there has now been 4 major changes that effect NIN its just outright sickening, and now it not only effects NIN it also effects THF/NIN because the main strat for THF/NIN was to get the lowest delay possible only counting on doing atleast 1 damage with normal DoT and bashing in a crap load of damage with a SATAWS or TAWS to make up for horrid DoT, where THF/WAR has a different style that you have to get used to if you're accustomed to using /nin, meaning that while you get used to it you're going to be giving off a bad impression for both yourself and the JOB itself... I love the game play for both of my jobs, and most of the time I listen to ppl claim that something is gimp because they don't do everything, but then I prove them wrong with pure numbers like a THF out damaging a BLM, or a NIN holding off 2 /wars doing a unresisted lvl 3 chain and the resulting MB...

Yes I may be overreacting, and I might be getting over stressed from my now x-g/f, final project for my class that counts as 75% of my final grade, pulling 10-20hrs over time at work, and helping my sister and brother-in-law finish their house...

I started out playing the game intending to go to 75 as THF/NIN, and you all know how much I exp ( read: I don't ) which is why I've been playing for 2yrs consistantly and still don't have either job at 75 yet...

Kikoku Obtained 8/17/08

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

Think of how cheated DRGs and MNKs must have felt when multi-hit WS TP got nerfed.

That's a LOT of TP they were suddenly missing out on. None of my DRG or MNK friends quit however.

As harsh as Ninelives was about it, I'm afraid I'm with him on this.

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Freeze II 1/2 Burst II 1/3 Flame II 1/2 Flood II 1/1 Quake II 1/1 Tornado 1/1
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5
BLM75 SAM75 NIN66 WHM44 WAR40 RNG38 RDM37 THF37 DNC37 COR21 MNK20

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » News » WAR/NIN nerf??? or was it NIN/??? and THF/NIN?
 Page 1 of 2