FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Relaxation » How you chose your character name
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 The time now is Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:55 pm 

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

flamedancer
Antica Addict

Flamedancer cuz i am mad fruity.

lawl. its actually taken from Hawaiian traditional fire dancing group.

Most of my nicknames are not so great, makes me want to switch names from time to time.

H-Games for life

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Telmaski
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

Telmaski is a bunch of letters I just jumbled together to make my name. I knew when I started playing, I wanted my character name to start with a "T" and I just kinda worked from there. My characters full name is Telmaski Jay, but alas, no spaces in names, so I just went with the first name only.

When I finally came up with the name, I was really happy. It was sorta androgynous with a slight hint towards the feminine, but not really.

Though it should be fairly obvious, it's pronounced TELL-MAH-SKEE, but said kinda quickly. I go by "Tel" for short. Very Happy

Mules:

Ohcee (hume-male): Ohcee Jay was the name of my very first character in DnD and in Ragnarok Online. It's a spelled out shorthand for my old old old AIM name from Highschool. Ohcee and Tel aren't related in anyway. Tel steals everything, even last names. Very Happy

Qaujsgirlfriend (elvaan-female): Made as a joke to a friend of mine.

Invinciblewall (elvaan): A galka that got reborn as a female elvaan. He's really confused how that happened. DX

Beautifulmemory: A tribute mule to my departed mentor/friend/sister/bestest-best-buddy-in-the-whole-world: Mikahki.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Jeden
Where's Valkurm?

The name Jeden started out as a character for an Star Wars based RPG board, called Imperial Entanglement. Originally, Jeden was a male from an alien race I created, called the Seidum. I had a numbers theme when I named everything for the RPG. Jeden is Czech for the cardinal number one. Seidum is derived from sedm, which is Czech for the cardinal number seven (pronounced sed-OOM). Pronounced YED-en in Czech, although I often say je-DEN. Anyway, the Seidum were a race of cat like people. Jeden was first turned into a girl, when I played ROSE Online, an Ragnarok Online game. I played the beta on and off, until I became bored with it. When was choosing my very own cat girl for FFXI, the racial similarities, of the original Jeden, seemed appropriate... and thus Jeden the Mithra was born.

I have three mules, one which I named.

Mitsuko is a blonde Mithra who was created by my younger sister; back when she was interested in the game. My mom wanted us to spend time together and my sister wanted to be anywhere but my mom's place. So it worked out okay. I affectionately call her Mitsy.

Talat is a brunette Mithra created by my very good friend when she thought about playing FF. She would mostly come over and hang out and take her frustration of the day out on Quadivs.

Melete is hume female, that resembles me when I had short hair. Melete is an old old old OLD internet alias of mine. It started out as a friend's nickname for me on an old RPG board, which was Mistaken Goddess. Melete is the Greek Muse of meditation. I chose it because of my Greek heritage and of a rough situation I was going through. Having a clear mind and being patient was what I stove for at the time. Melete seemed appropriate.

Funny picture time!

A drawing I drew of the original Jeden, illustrating the "tail" the Seidum were born with. It was based from a cats tail, stemming from the spine and cerebellum .

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v650/ninekittylives/IE/?action=view&current=Jeden_Cervical_Caudal3.jpg

And ROSE Online Jeden.

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Silvra
Jungle Dweller

Silvra is a combination name that comes from my heritage(in game) and from one of my favorite colors Silver.

Silvra is basically Silver + Mithra = Silvra

You may call me Sil or Silv for short as I will answer to both.

For those who don't know Silvra is actually not full Mithra, she is in fact half Elvaan. When I created her she started out 15 years old and will be turning 21 this Sunday(playing since Fall 2003)Her parents names are,

Silveron M. Ravenah (Elvaan)
Silvia A. Mihgo ( Nanaa Mihgo's sister)

The two parents met while Silvia was on an good will mission from Windurst to the Temple Knight headquarters in San Doria.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Strikerzro
Crawler Trainer

well my name ....was gonna be striker XD but most of the time i was always to late in mmorpg games. It was striker in Ultima, and PSO. I tried to make a striker in PSU and couldnt so i though of something else and since my xbox live name is strikereight, i just used a number i havnt used and it ended up being strikerzro so im strikerzro in just about every mmo now XD

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: My Name  Reply with quote  

Davero
Nubikins

I wanted a name that the letters total to an even number and that had equal amount of consonants and vowels.

Also, I wanted Diasukilala to recognize me easily when I started playing Final Fantasy XI. So I chose the first three letters from my first name and wanted the last three to appear fancy, like Latin or Italian. Wink When the name Davero came up, I realized that the first four letters spelled out Dave and I said this name is krunk!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Squitt
電 話 武 士

I've had several mules pearled recently, so if you see any of the following in linkshell don't be alarmed:

Taloe
(Name taken from one of Alazar and Razzlette's rl friends who stopped playing in 05)

Jond
(Taken from Jondaras, he looks cuter as a tarutaru, trust me)

Oso
(Auto-name)

Kyovi
(Auto-name)

Mattimeo
(Taken from a book of the same name, by Brian Jacques)

The rest have all been pearled for awhile, so pretty sure everybody knows they're mine by now.

Spekkio
Raccoo
Mortichia
Razie
Crystalmethos
Karde

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

tears
:Long Live TheHonourableSouls:

WOW Silvra very creative kudos Smile <3

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1010/tearssc9.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Jarreth
Shantotto's Bodyguard

Jarreth - Jareth, Leonine Titan from the Magic: The Gathering game (my avatar). Was originally spelled Jareth but I quit and when I came back they wouldn't let me keep my old name.

Oohpieceofcandy (mule) - just watch the episode of Family Guy with James Woods in it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

haamyo
Where's Valkurm?

muahaha Haamyo's a random name generater

and my mule, Laggy's from when i had terrible lag and wanted to take it out on my mule o.O

TOP View user's profileSend private messageYahoo Messenger  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Relaxation » How you chose your character name
 Page 7 of 7