FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Relaxation » How you chose your character name
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next The time now is Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:19 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Briana
Antica Addict

Honestly, I refer to Briana as Bri anymore it seems. Confused

Though I say it as Bree-ah-nuh.

It's okay though, I don't think anyone will ever pronounce Mystrin's name right. The first time we heard an old LS say it on teamspeak it came out Mice-trin! Though he hasn't been on in few months, if you see do happen to see him, it's Mist-rin. Ya know, like the foggy stuff. Not like that really matters much, really. >.>

Haven't accomplished much in FF, but did get Elder Vet in UO! Very Happy Oh, wait~ I finally did!

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: ...  Reply with quote  

tears
:Long Live TheHonourableSouls:

Mine comes from this song title: :>

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1010/tearssc9.jpg

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Cesyen
Where's Valkurm?

my name came from hitting the random buttin alot and adding the N on the end Very Happy
DNC 37
RDM 38
WHM 37
WAR 37
SMN 30

TOP View user's profileSend private messageYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

johnnycrowe
Beetle Basher

Old nickname

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mystrin
Chocobo Rider

The joke from back in the UO days whenever we saw people with awful jarbled names was that they rolled their head on the keyboard. I was going to put that but I didn't think it was feasible to because of the "s" key being so out of line.

Honestly I don't even remember where I got this name. I was one of my UO alts from like the 90s and I guess when I couldn't put spaces in the names here, my main from over there wouldn't work so I went with this.

Also, I hated the boy taru hairstyles so much because I was set on what ended up being the blue female hairstyle that I saw in the previews, but my epic topknot has been having me be referred to as a female taru in-game for over 5 years now, lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

niagara
Jungle Dweller

I like the bottled water.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Ninelives
Le Fantôme de l’Forums

niagara wrote:
I like the bottled water.

lol, I just figured it was the waterfall :p

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: ::cracks knuckles and begins her memoir...::  Reply with quote  

Magiere
Crawler Trainer

I started playing back in March 2004, and my first character was an elvaan female named Taljyrah. I just sorta made the name up; I don't know if the name is used elsewhere. Anyway, I leveled her to 14 warrior and I guess I got bored or something cause I deleted her.

So then I created a mithra named Tsajadhi, who I named after a character in Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - a khajiit slave I found in a cave (I just liked the name, lol). I kept her as a mule for a while but ended up deleting her too.

At some point there was a galka named WarriorPoet and a hume female named Yelena, but they didn't last very long. Yelena has since been taken by somebody else. Warriorpoet was part of a chat handle used by someone in Yahoo chat. Yelena is just a Russian name that I liked the sound of.

Also, I had a hume female mule named Majha for quite some time, but decided I wanted mostly mithra mules instead. I just made the name up, though I think I heard something that sounded similar before I created her.

So as for the characters I still have:

Magiere - my main, created mid-summer, 2004. I named her after the main character in the Noble Dead series by Barb & JC Hendee. I don't think of her at all as that character, however, as she's taken on her own "feel" separate from anything I might associate with the character in the books. Also, I pronounce the name differently than they do: "mah-jeer" instead of "mah-gear-uh." More Info about the books

Originally, I was going to name this character "Geiyrta," a name I made up and a role-playing character I used in Yahoo Groups. It wouldn't let me use the name for some reason.

Sherizai - created in early summer, 2004, she is a tarutaru BLM that I leveled to 25 before making her my Jeuno mule. She holds all my extra MNK gear and RSE. She is also my main AH seller.

Her name is an on-purpose misspelling of "Shahrizai", the name of one of many houses, or families, in the series Kushiel's Legacy by Jacqueline Carey. More Info

Elua - created in April, 2007, as a "fresh start" character that eventually turned into another Jeuno mule through whom I sell stuff on the AH. She also holds all my "special" items (such as flowers given to me by Wayred Razz ). She is named after a god in the Kushiel's Legacy series.

I used to have an elvaan mule named Phedre, who was named after the main character of those books. I think there is still something on the San d'Oria AH that bares her name as a seller, but I don't remember what.

Sri - a mithra equipment mule in Windurst. Her name is of Hindu/Indian origin, of which more info can be found here.

Ishvari - another mithra mule, who holds all my chocobo feed in San d'Oria. She also raises chocobos and gardens. Her name is an on-purpose misspelling of "Ishvara," also of Hindu origin. More Info

Shakti - yet another mithra mule, who gardens in Bastok. She used to be a crystal mule. She is named after a Hindu goddess. More Info

Ardra - my last mithra mule, who holds all my H.E.L.M. and fishing gear, and who gardens in Windurst. She is also named after a Hindu goddess. More Info {Click "Ardra_(goddess)"}

Ganesha - my galka alchemy supplies mule in Bastok, who is set up for gardening but doesn't have the room to do so often. I don't know why I made a galka instead of another mithra. He's named after the Hindu elephant god. More Info

... and that's it! ::/end memoir::

Last edited by Magiere on Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Eprisom
Chocobo Rider

Well, most of you know that the original name Eprisom was just a jumbled up form of the word Promise.

I've always personally held promises to be a very sacred, and while there have been moments of my life I could not uphold a promise, it tends to take its tole on me mentally to a point that I almost go into a depression just from breaking a simple promise. I know, I know... I've got some therapy sessions to attend.

But, as it would not allow me to take up my old character name, I developed Eprisomus; for two reasons.

1) It's now a form of the phrase 'Promise Us' which I feel actually seems to fit more within the idea of a LinkShell.

2) It doesn't sound like crap.

P.S.
A previously unknown 3rd reason is that the name still comes up as Eprisom in the little box with everyone's health ^^

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: ::cracks knuckles and begins her memoir...::  Reply with quote  

Briana
Antica Addict

Magiere wrote:
Magiere - my main, created mid-summer, 2004. I named her after the main character in the Noble Dead series by Barb & JC Hendee. I don't think of her at all as that character, however, as she's taken on her own "feel" separate from anything I might associate with the character in the books. Also, I pronounce the name differently than they do: "mah-jeer" instead of "mah-gear-uh."

The "proper" pronunciation reminds me of the panther in Jungle Book movies. Bagheera (or Baggy Britches I think Baloo called him). Very Happy I'm sure I've spelled it wrong though. >.>

Haven't accomplished much in FF, but did get Elder Vet in UO! Very Happy Oh, wait~ I finally did!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Clask
Samurai of the Dark Elvaan

First Picture is Dark Age of Camelot - Level 50 Thane
Second Picture is Star Wars Galaxies - Master Commando
Third Picture is FFXI - Level 75 Samurai/White Mage
Fourth Picture is Guild Wars - Level 20 Elem/Mesm
Fifth Picture is World of Warcraft - Level 70 Rogue

Clask stands for Combining Linguistic and Statistical Knowledge which was a study done in 1993-96... Some bs I did in college...
I dont know Clask just sounded like a viking name when I started playing Dark Age... I have used the name ever since in hopes
of people i have played other games with in finding me... There was a Clask in Diablo2 but unforetunately I could find no picture...

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Budoukiba
The Poor Neenja

Mine was suggested by my brother, he knows a little Japanese ^^

My name is pronounced "Boo-doo-kee-buh"

Budou-Kiba = Great-Fang in Japanese, and I liked that name for a Mithra. ^^

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Budoukiba
The Poor Neenja

OMG I have 30+ posts already! o.O

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Sylverfox
Cute & Deadly

I had a galka at one point I named Strickchicken! >_>

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Troiboi
Antica Addict

Troiboi I started off on this server as Troi for 3ish years, then I switched to Valefor for a bit and realized my mistake and came back to my home server of Fairy. When I came back, unfortunately someone had snagged my name in that amount time (who i haven't seen again since my first month back I might add). Anyways, I ended up tagging boi onto the end of it and I've grown to love the new extended name Very Happy

As most would know, Troi came from Star Trek TNG from ship counselor Deanna Troi. I initially chose it because my partner always compared me to her in that I've shown quite a bit of empathetic ability.

My mules ^^ I've been quite schizo on jobs so i've kept a lot of equipment.

Ilume
- Tarutaru Male in bastok. Started out as Elum (mule spelled backwards), but had to change his name when i came back to Fairy. His name came from asking my partner at the time what i should name my new mule and he said, Elum! He holds my weapons, shields, ninja tools and arrows.

Corrinth - Female Mithra in Windurst. I really wanted Kerryn as I had a pen pal growing up with that name and I liked it. Found it was taken so I ended working on variations of it until I got one. She holds my body, legs, and foot armor. I work with her the most as one could imagine.

Maxxi - Elvaan Male in Sandoria. Came from the character in the SoulCaliber games. I just liked the name ^^ He pretty much holds all my accessories. Head, back, waist and neck.

Kyrra - Tarutaru female in Bastok. Another Star Trek reference, inspired by Kira from DS9. I'm really not a big Trek fan but became one through my ex. I started her as an alchemy mule but kinda faltered on it when i couldn't get a ls pearl for her from my previous shell and got bored to death with all the silence. I still plan on leveling with her again.

Tyrra - Mithra female in Bastok. Made her because Corrinth and Maxxi started to get really full with my job schizo. She now holds all my earrings, rings, and hand pieces. Her name was a play on Kyrra's

Lebeau - Female Hume in Windurst. Started leveling her as an alt and was gonna take her War all the way, but ended focusing more on Troi. When I started leveling cooking to 40 (where it now is), she ended up holding all my crystals for crafting. I still plan on crafting again and have still on to her and the crystals. Her name came from the last name of one of my favorite Xmen characters, gambit, who's real name is Remy Lebeau.

Maribelle - Female hume in windurst. There was a while a few years ago I had a close friend living with us and I talked him into playing the game. This is the character he made. He used to play Yahoo Dominoes all the time and one of his close friends on there used the handle Maribelle and so he used it here. After he left, I ended up using her to store my potions, hi-potions, foods medicines for missions. and the tons of selbina butter I was crafting and saving towards making pies, but never got around to it ><

Anyways that's my crew and thanks to Magiere for giving me a template to work with kinda ^^

And just for fun. I played WoW for about 3 months and got discouraged with how freaking easy it was to level, get equip, accomplishments, etc, in the game to the point where i wasn't proud of my character like i was in XI and came back.

It's funny I'm not remembering my female troll Hunter's name atm. but i had a female undead rogue named Katarzina, actually taken from the name of a contestant from "America's Next Top Model". I thought it sounded just right for for an undead.

I also had a blood elf paladin named Vasser, as we all should know came from FFXII.

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Relaxation » How you chose your character name
 Page 6 of 7