FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Relaxation » How you chose your character name
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next The time now is Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:10 am 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Annaya  Reply with quote  

Annaya
Crawler Trainer

After quite a few of my first choices were already taken, I played games with the ones I liked best. It sounds similar to anihilate, should i finish either BLM or a physical DD job, it will fit very well. Smile

Stuffit: taru with attitude. I just liked it! Chatteleine? Chatte- french for female cat with a feminine ending... what else could I name my mithra character? Coeurdericharde? Hubby made me a mule to play on his original game, a hume female. His real life name is in the name of my mule that looks exactly like her, and i do still kinda like him... Passe as that is these days. Translates as Heart of Richard. Dartagnon? A misspelling of one of the 3 muskateers. My apologies to M. Hugo. Sylvinia, out of ideas.... a variation of Silvina in the Dragons of Pern series; it was taken and I was in a hurry. Sorry Sylver.... Kytt? a taru not thought out well. I think of her name as "Kitty". I do like alternative spellings since English is so irregular already, why not make it worse? LOL!

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

CharlieF
Britaru

Charlief- wasn't to hard to think of...

As my 1st name is Charlie, and my last name beggining with F, so i tried Charlie (wishful thinking) then charlief. Which worked, but now i kinda wish i choose something different...

As im bringing my other char/mule to fairy now, also called charlief, will i have the option to change my current fairy chars name??

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

TheDad
Crawler Trainer

The way I understand the name change deal is that you will be required to change the name of the character that is moving into the world as that name is already taken. So new mule name, unless you want to spend the money and time to move multiple times and servers to get your main character changed . . . . .

or level up a mule with a name you like instead.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

Unfortunately there's a 90 day wait when you change servers before you can do it again.

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Freeze II 1/2 Burst II 1/3 Flame II 1/2 Flood II 1/1 Quake II 1/1 Tornado 1/1
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5
BLM75 SAM75 NIN66 WHM44 WAR40 RNG38 RDM37 THF37 DNC37 COR21 MNK20

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

CharlieF
Britaru

i think ill just stick with the char i have

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nama
Ovinnik Overlord

Well i used to play on phoenix and my first character there was trilian which is the nickname of trisha micmillan in the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. My second character was named poptart Tarus and food names go so well together hehe and my last character on phoenix was kachukaru which was the opposite of my friends name karukachu hehe which caused alot of fun confusion in our ls Twisted Evil. After sometime on phoenix i moved to fairy cause of RL friends while i was making my character my sisters cat wouldnt leave me alone so since namani is mithra my sisters cats name just fit perfect Very Happy.

Every Drop of Sweat in Training is One Less Drop of Blood in Battle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

choochoogonepoo
Crab Crusher

I came up with my name while I was debating on wether or not to return to FF a few years back... wow shesh... that was back when my sis still lived with us ;_; /cry... anyhoot

I was haggling her to let me play on her Content ID that way I would know if I really wanted to come back to ff(my efforts were in vain >< she denied me) anyhoot, I was just being random with her when "choochoogonepoo" popped outa my mouth and she about flipped; she thought it was really cute or something. And as a gag I decided to put that as my main, That would be my 1st choochoogonepoo; a few months later I deleted him and came back again about a year later as choochoogonepoo again ^_^

Ummmm besides that I've had ALOT of different characters--> Celticwarrior-Kelticwarrior-Ghotiormign(pronounced fisherman; I'll let you figure it out lol)-fuzzybutt-uglybullterrior-choochoogonewoo-choochoogoneloo-choochoogonemoo-Aubrey-Aheiti(omfg... I just remembered that one... that was my very first character ;_; back when ff had just came out ;_; wow.... ;_Wink Embarassed

ok... get this... my sis has had the same damn character the whole time ;_; no fair ;_; I remember when I was the one who was like 40+ lvls higher than her... and now... I've got one job finally to 75 and she's gott'n like 5 to 75 and others are close to 60 ><

Anyhoo, enough of my randomness. peace

So much pain comes from happiness.
People in fear are hunted by those w/ zealous action.
Ideas are born for hateful content.
They without care are dead.
This emptiness inside me grows,
Help!
::::Aubrey S Conkling:::::
----
There's no retirement for an artist, it's your way of living so there's no end to it.
::: Henry Moore :::

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Flokk
Where's Valkurm?

Masculine variation of the whole Fakk 9 thing, from the Heavy Metal comics. Crappy name, but simple. I'll change it if I ever server hop, got a new one picked out already. Cool

Maat's Cap: 7 jobs down and counting. Current projects: RDM and BLM.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Eprisom
Chocobo Rider

Though not technically a character yet...

I remember I actually asked people one time in the LS to guess about the name. I have no idea who actually figured it out, if anyone did, but it was still fun for me to see people guess. The one thing I can say about myself is that I rarely break a promise. It's one of the few redeeming qualities that I have about myself. So that was a very big thing for me about the time I started up on FFXI for the first time, so long ago on my friend's account. But the name Eprisom is just the letters of the word Promise mixed up.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Darlachan
Chocobo Rider

I feel obligated to post a reply to this as 99% of the population of Vana'diel does not pronounce my name correctly.

<story>
My brother and I started playing FFXI at the same time and on the same account where I created a character named Darlacha, pronounced Dar La-ka. My brother helped me come up with it, it is elvish for something or the other and I liked it. Well, my sister Lego started playing shortly after so I created a character on her account so I could play with my brother and just added an "n" to the end of my name and pronounced it Dar la kan. Unfortunately, I failed to see that it actually read Darla Chan and to this day every party I join thinks I am Japanese and female. Most my friends in Eidos know how to say my name and just call me darla as a joke. Unfortunately this caught on with Lego and she now calls me that irl...
</story>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Squitt
電 話 武 士

Alazar and Razzlette still call me Squitt irl XD

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Briana
Antica Addict

So, I read the last few pages of this thread...and...I don't have any crafty story behind my character's name. I like the name Brianna, but it was taken, so minus one n and you have me (and the first time my mother saw my character she asked if I knew my name was spelled wrong ; ; ). I wanted Zoe, it's the name I played in UO for years before I came to FFXI, but it was also taken.

Kailey - hume mule that was a second character at one time
Mollie - taru mule

Both Kailey and Mollie were intended to be alternate characters, but I didn't like the idea of missions, subjobs, advanced job questing all over again. Kailey does have a subjob, so if I'm ever bored I can play her. >.>

So, yeah, all my characters' names are based off real names. Because I'm a girl, every now and then I think of names I'd like to give a child if/when Mystrin ever agrees to have one...and I'm better at thinking up a name for a girl I guess. Though, if I ever do have a daughter, I won't be able to pick any of these names...would be kinda wierd I guess. Which is a shame, I really like the name Brianna.

Haven't accomplished much in FF, but did get Elder Vet in UO! Very Happy Oh, wait~ I finally did!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

FoxyMary
Chocobo Rider

My first FoxyMary was on Phantasy Star Online she was a HUnewearl with long curly purple hair and purple top and hotpants.
And when some of my PSO friends started FFXI I made a new one here so they could find me.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nathin
Chocobo Rider

Smile Well a long time ago I relized I could never use my normal call signs or nick names cuase many people like them and use them all the time.

After thinking about it long and hard I decided whats the least likely name to be picked. Then it hit me your not supposed to use your name. well of course I'm not going to use my name so I picked a semi common name.

Surprise Surprise No one ever uses Nathin thus I became attached to it and I use it for all my online RPG's. How ever my First Person Shooter Call Sign is Striker which for appearent reasons can't use.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Praise be the gods of gaming!

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Emeraldrae
Honourable Artist

Briana wrote:
I like the name Brianna, but it was taken, so minus one n and you have me (and the first time my mother saw my character she asked if I knew my name was spelled wrong ; ; ).

I'm just curious, how do you pronounce it in your head? Because I have a friend named Bryanna. Bree-enn-uh? Bree-on-uh? Bry-(short a)n-uh?

Emer's Main Gallery
Last Updated: February ('13)
Emer's Scraps
Last Updated: July ('13)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Relaxation » How you chose your character name
 Page 5 of 7