FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » Crappy poker luck
  The time now is Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:10 am 

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Crappy poker luck  Reply with quote  

Ninelives
Le Fantôme de l’Forums

Not FFXI related at all, but it's still irking me so I'm venting! >o

Friday night I gathered with my buddies for a night of cards. We did a buy-in Hold 'Em tournament with a $10 entry fee x 10 people = $100 pot. Fast forward to the end of the night and the last three people left were: 1) One gal that was barely holding on at about 5% of the chips, 2) me with about... roughly 50% of the chips, and 3) a guy with roughly 45%. I get dealt pocket 5's and call the blind, and the guy with the 45% raises higher than the amount the gal has total so she folds, but I call him for the hell of it. Flop shows the other two 5's and a King. I blink a bit as I see quad 5's as my hand and raise slightly. He very aggressively raises my raise, and I'm hoping he has at least a King. I raise him back and he goes all-in much to my delight.

I call his all-in immediately and we flip cards. His smile from turning pocket Kings and having a full house vanishes quickly as he realizes I have quad 5's. I smile, thinking about how this money will really help out with gas/food/etc. That thought lasted all of five seconds as the turn card is flipped.

The fourth King.

WTF?! >___>

Sigh... lost $100 with four 5's... sometimes I'm convinced I pissed off every karma god out there. :/

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

Wow dude. And I thought my day today sucked. I think I might actually cry if that happened to me.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·*¯[;::;‹]ᵒᴥᵒ­­­­­­­­­­­­)›

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Sylverfox
Cute & Deadly

damn nine Sad I would have been just as excited as you. stupid last card D:

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dove
Crab Crusher

Awww poor nine /huggles

I was out with my cousin a couple of weeks ago and while walking towards the next bar we passed a betting shop. The Grand National was on the next day so in we go. I see a horse called Silver Birch so I put £5 on to win. My reasoning being that I like that type of tree. Anyhoo's I'm recovering in bed the next day...mum comes in and I ask who won the race. She says Silver something... I say Wooooooooot! I won £200 as it was 40/1.

So... sorry nine I guess I stole your Karma ^^

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Shef
Jailer of Lulz

NO DOVEY! DRINKING BAD!

Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

I played a Hold'em tournament with some friends last saturday. My luck wasnt as bad as yours... well ya it was.

13 people showed, at $15 buy in, made for about... what 190 bucks? 7 of us got out and bought back in before last buy in, buy in was 10 bucks, so total pot of 260.

I got beat first sadly DX only had like 500 chips (500 points/dollars w/e in chips, we play vegas style), got called on all - in, had trip 10's. Guy had a flush. SO i lost DX.

Was fun though.

Nine..... dude seriously that royally sucks DX I woulda demanded a redo or something.
GW2 - Retired: Dunador Serestil - Mesmer - Maguuma
Steam Handle: Dunador (Profile Link)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Ninelives
Le Fantôme de l’Forums

Sylverfox wrote:
damn nine Sad I would have been just as excited as you. stupid last card D:

Technically it was the fourth card. The flop puts down the first three, the turn is the fourth card, and the river is the fifth card. Either way it still sucked though.

And Dovey... gimme backs my karmas! D:

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

sopoRific
Ovinnik Overlord

One-outers really suck. Usually in situations like that, I tell myself that I gave out a bad beat before all the money went in. (55 vs. KK on a 55K board is certainly a bad-beat itself.) When my holds up, especially late in poker tournament where the only real options are all-in or fold, I'll even say I gave a "bad beat pre-flop."

Karma is just paying you back from 15 seconds ago.

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » Crappy poker luck
 Page 1 of 1