FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » FFXI and its abundance of fail
 Goto page 1, 2  Next The time now is Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:00 am 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: FFXI and its abundance of fail  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

For those that were there, please don't take it wrong, I left because I didn't feel like playing anymore. I just don't understand why people find it acceptable to suffer through something that is not part of the game design in order to achieve something. The lag in besieged is not caused by my computer (amd athlon 64 x2, 2 gb of ram, geforce 7900 gs oc, plenty of power) or my internet connection (15 mbit down, 2 mbit up, fios ftw). The lag is from the servers. Things warping, abilities not working, etc, this is the fault of the server. I know people have complained about it a lot since besieged started, but it's not going to be fixed because it costs money. It's like the servers we use at my company, it doesn't matter how well it does its job as long as it does its job.

FFXI use to be fun...when I didn't have to deal with the extra grief. I'm gonna close my account later and uninstall.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·*¯[;::;‹]ᵒᴥᵒ­­­­­­­­­­­­)›

Last edited by Nimdae on Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

Crying or Very sad

Well, sad to see you leave, but I hope you will troll the forums or at least drop in on the chennel on your teamspeak server once in a while.

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Sylverfox
Cute & Deadly

Sad Sorry to hear your leaving but everyone has the time when they must stop playing I guess. Don't be a stranger kay??

*hugs*

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

sorry to see ya go nims, but hate to have you stay if you aint having fun.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

Well, I've cancelled and uninstalled. So ends my life in ffxi.

I still play coh if anyone decides to check it out. I think my run through that game has spoiled me, since its bugs tend to impact gameplayability less. I'm still about 7 levels from being able to fight the big monster to really test lag though.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Ninelives
Le Fantôme de l’Forums

Nimdae wrote:
Well, I've cancelled and uninstalled. So ends my life in ffxi.

Aww, sucks to see ya go Nims. :/

Too bad ya didn't start playing Dragoon over Black Mage sooner; I always wanted to see ya hit 75. Take care out there, God bless, and don't forget to troll the boards.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Squitt
電 話 武 士

So, of all gripes with the game, lag is what pushed you over the limit and made you decide to cancel your account??
L O L SE has problems, but those id 10 t errors like lag are the worst.

Have fun with CoH Nims, I'm sorry it didn't work out because it was nice to play with you, and those of us who use teamspeak really appreciate the use of your server for that. It has proved invaluable in helping us get stuff accomplished.

We won't be forgetting about you anytime soon Smile

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

Yeah, and to think the TS server was originally put there for a single static party Wink It won't be going away, and I'll try to get on from time to time. My computer setup isn't ideal for connecting my headset right now so it won't be much for a while.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Shef
Jailer of Lulz

DUDE YOU'RE MY BEARD GUY YOU CANT GO!!!!! ;_;

We needz a new beard guy now....

Anway, you should come over to Freedom, most populated server. Sure there's lag from time to time, but you can get stuff done.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Neovilla
Bird Basher

Well see ya later Nimdae don't be stranger Very Happy Sad to see ya leave but ya sometimes enough is enough.

I should try getting on this teamspeak XD everyone speaks of.

Enjoy COH it just hit the 3 year mark ^ ^
[Bastok Mission: Completed] [ San doria Mission: Completed] [Windurst Mission: Completed] [RoZ Mission: Completed] [CoP Mission: Completed] [TouA Mission: Completed] [C: 28/50][WotG Mission: 24][ACP Mission:Completed][ MKD Mission: 2][ASA Mission: 10]

Neovilla: http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=132283

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

I already have a 39 rad/rad def on Champion (inching ever so close). Maybe after I get to 50, and if I can have a PB or WS on any server at that point, I'll join in, heh. BTW, h8@Adamastor. I'm basically the rez monkey in that fight. Of course, who wouldn't want a Mutation rez?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Shef
Jailer of Lulz

Mutation rocks. Sometimes I die right before a boss fought on my MA scrapper just so I can pawn him with the boost. Usually saves the entire team more debt.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

I never get anyone willing to do that, heh. I actually had someone ask me what it does recently...and they were something like 3 levels over me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

i dunno, i felt i should just point this out, admitadly there are numerous many other things that arent right with ff 11 yet the only reason you mention is lag.

i dont know maybe its not myplace to say since i dont do beseiged all to often, but almost any other area i go to never had alot of lag problems, imo save for beseiged lag has gone down in alot of areas, once again im not too acustom to toau areas, i feel that this thread just ending on ff failing on a lag to be (too weak), at least point out a more serious phail plz.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

There's a lot wrong with ffxi, and the developers refuse to fix it. Also, there are problems with the community outside of ths that make the game less enjoyable. This was simply the straw that broke the camel's back. I read somewhere that they felt their servers were stable and could handle the capacities, so they enabled choosing servers without a world pass. The first thing that came to mind was they are finally going to make besieged lag free. When I joined in this last time and found it actually was not fixed, I then realized that SE/POL considers that acceptable. If that is acceptable, then all the other problems are as well. They have no intention of fixing it. It seems they only fix anything to keep people busy, and that's it.

I'm sure my account cancellation means nothing to the problems I've seen through the years, because if it did, they would have been fixed by now.

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » FFXI and its abundance of fail
 Page 1 of 2