FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » What should I do?
 Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next The time now is Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:40 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: What should I do?  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

My sky shell just adjusted it's schedule for the 300th time and introduced some new lotting rules. Basically the schedule now looks like this

Sunday Gods and Event 2 PM to 7 PM
Tuesday Sea Farm 6 PM to 9 PM
Wednesday Jailers etc. 5 PM to 8 PM
Friday Sky Farm 5:30 PM to 10:30 PM
Saturday Salvage x 2 3 PM to 7 PM

If you miss 10 events in a month you can't lot the next month.

So with Dynamis on Monday and Thursday I have something planned for at least 3 hours a day, every single day.

Now the other thing is that I have all my sky gear.

I don't think that I am able to commit to having every moment of my time in game dictated to me. This would leave me zero time to work on anything for myself. I am currently trying to make some gil so I can continue to work on upgrading my Relic Weapon.

My dilemma is, how much time do I still owe the shell for getting me my sky gear? I got my Byakko's Haidate on January 7th. Currently there are 8 people in the shell with more than 200 points earned, I am second in points earned behind the shell holder. The top four points people are at 338, 271(me), 262 and 237.

Anyway, the decision is:
Stay with the shell
Stay with the shell for some length of time so I don't look like I got my gear and dashed
Quit and have loads of spare time

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Aspiria
Crawler Trainer

That's rough, Mayeh, ; ; And, with you just getting that gear recently it makes it even tougher. D:

Maybe you can tell them that you'll only be able to make it one of the three days of the week that you have sky events, and then let them choose whether they'd rather have you along for farming, God fights, or for the Jailers. That way, it won't look like your ditching them, and you'll still have some spare time for yourself.

Heh, and worst case scenario, if they don't want to compromise with you, maybe they'll boot you from the shell! XD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Tibz
There and Back Again

Quit and have loads of spare time Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Striker
I has Kikoku!

tbh them expecting ppl to be there 5 out of 7 days a week is kinda idk rediculous.

Tell them that you will help out with some things, but not all. Honestly they are expecting way to much of their members for that kinda comiment. I know a lot of ppl that don't give that for their jobs..

Kikoku Obtained 8/17/08

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Squitt
電 話 武 士

Tibz wrote:
Quit and have loads of spare time Very Happy

I second the above motion. Moar Mayeh's plz!

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

We're the wrong people to ask, really. We'd all like more Mayeh =)

Honestly though, considering the amount of points you have, I wouldn't be ashamed to leave. Not missing more than 10 events in a month? That's absurd. I'd use that as a reason. Especially with how long you've been in, anyone objecting is just a prat.

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Freeze II 1/2 Burst II 1/3 Flame II 1/2 Flood II 1/1 Quake II 1/1 Tornado 1/1
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5
BLM75 SAM75 NIN66 WHM44 WAR40 RNG38 RDM37 THF37 DNC37 COR21 MNK20

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Tibz
There and Back Again

Mayeh makes the scene Smile if they can't change from ridiculous expectations then they don't deserve to have The Mayeh >Neutral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Lutra
Crawler Trainer

Well I cannot say from much of any end game experience, but I would do what is more fun / enjoyable for you within the game. As Striker hints at this schedule sounds more like a job, and I do not know if I would have fun being required to do all of that, or else bad stuff might happen. On top of that having the responsibility of high consul and forum admin I do not know how you have time to come up for air.
I think others have mentioned occasionally that they find most if not all of their time now scheduled in the game and sense of the post seems to be that yes their is a purpose in it, but not as much fun. I for one would like to see more of "THS Mayeh" (oops - THE Mayeh) and others of similar skill, if their is such a person, more often to learn and see or be assisted in some of the things you have done and most of us have yet to do. But perhaps you have done that for some time already and do not have as much fun going around impressing a noob like me Smile
Many want to do Salvage but we need someone to take the reins so to speak as that looks like it would take someone who can keep an alliance organized real good to have successful runs, maybe that would be fun for you if you had the time -it is something new anyway.
For me it is a lot of fun to watch or be in a party with very good players just to see how they play and learn, of course not getting killed is a bonus too Embarassed
Hmmm, a lot of words just to say - do what makes the game fun for you and all the rest of us can just hope that we might included from time to time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

I could see doing that if you were...say..getting some kind of real compensation. This is why I have no desire to do endgame. Once I get to 75, I may just quit. I've been considering joining a dynamis shell when I got to the point I need to be, but from what I hear and read about endgame in general, it's most likely that I'll only be there to help and reward other people and never myself because I refuse to conform to strict schedules, deadlines, and rules without personal results outside of amateur sports.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·*¯[;::;‹]ᵒᴥᵒ­­­­­­­­­­­­)›

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

danakate
aka Grace Abernathy

I agree with what everyone else is saying. If it's fun for you, do it. But you already have a job, you don't need another, especially one that doesn't help you pay your bills. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Bigandbeefy
Fist of the Heavens

Sensei, I offer the following advice:

Lay it out on the table. Tell them in no uncertain terms that having event requirements 7 days a week and a requirement that you miss no more than 10 in a month is ridiculous and basically a second job. Tell them that you're more than happy to show up for X, or for X nights a week. If they take issue with this, kindly inform them of what orifice they can insert their demands into, and the direction and speed of their rotation upon insertion.

And if anyone has the audacity to call you a gearwhore: You were there for a long damn time to get your gear in the first place. Your excess of points indicates that you've geared out more than enough people in your time. They're the ones that made the decision to alter the loot rules YET AGAIN, and they're unwilling to accommodate you. They're the gearwhores, as they're only concerned with you hanging around to gear THEM out.

It's bad enough that FFXI is practically a 2nd job if you want to get anything done. There's no need for someone to make your playtime a chore within a job.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Neovilla
Bird Basher

Ya I would just laid down the time that i would have available for the shell Mayeh. The time that you spent with them shows with the points you have earned so they should respect you enough to understand the time you have and last thing you want is to make this a second job. I mean 5 days of the week doing events and runs is a bit to much i say.

Also just quiting them and having loads of time is also good. You spent almost a month after getting your gear with them. I would only consider someone leaving within a week of getting the gear a hogger. Also this deilmma that has brought this up is the new schedule. Isn't like you just felt like leaving on your own because the aquired gear you have recieved.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Ninelives
Le Fantôme de l’Forums

This is why I'm not taking part in Salvage with the LS, and for our shell's Limbus scheduling I was blunt about only going if I'm home, if I'm not doing anything irl, and if I'm in the mood for it.

My schedule in the game takes too much time as it is. I have Dynamis Tuesday and Friday night, and being not only a leader but the person that basically updates the forums by myself, my Dynamis responsibilities don't end after our hourglass expires. With work, my real life, and in-game responsibilities, I've probably overbooked myself more than one should with a video game.

I can't imagine taking on another full-time game responsibility. To be required to spend five out of my seven days in life on a video game to get a fictional piece of gear that will go away in two years or so... no. Just no. When I was in that same shell, it was only a 3/7 day requirement, and that was too much. It took me about three weeks to realize I needed to abandon it. To expect people to stop their real lives to play a game is absurd. Beefy hit it on the head, if they can't respec what you've done in the shell and can't understand that you don't want to spend every waking moment on the game, then have someone apply a large amount of vaseline, butter, or some substance of a slick nature to remove the leader's head from its wedged spot deep in his arse.

The things I do in game all have one common factor: friends. My Dynamis shell? Full of friends. Assault Static? Friends. CoP static, occasional Limbus run, *everything*: friends. It doesn't feel like work if I'm having fun and spending time with people I have fun with/care about. If you're not getting that feeling from the sky shell, again it's time to go.

The day I tell my irl friends to go away because I have sky farming is the day I quit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Sylverfox
Cute & Deadly

Here's my view:

When the game starts to feel more like a job it's not fun Confused . I'd say if you want to not just bow out of the shell let them know this is too much for you to handle and after such and such amount of time you'll be leaving. I don't understand honestly how they expect everyone to keep up on that schedule. It's tough to just tell them you are going to leave but I think if they are going to put too much stress on you for a game then /goodbye and take care!.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Maj
Saint Subligar

I'd say put some more time into the shell, but don't follow the strict schedule. If you don't really have anything left to lot on, then what's the big worry about not being able to lot. Just tell them you'll put in one or two days a week just to show your appreciation for everything you've gotten, or something along those lines. And I'm a bum and didn't read all the replies, so if someone already said something like this, bleh. :p

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » What should I do?
 Page 1 of 3