FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » I grow bored at work
 Goto page 1, 2  Next The time now is Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:39 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: I grow bored at work  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

You must amuse me. Go!!!

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Squitt
電 話 武 士

You know what would be hawt? If Shef were to write his guide to being the ultimate PLD Razz

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

Well, I could just tell you how things are going with my Samurai leveling. I hit level 30 in Qufim on New Year's Eve early in the morning and got my first taste of Meditate, first impression, Cool! This morning I wanted to blow a charge off my exp. ring so I went to Carpenter's Landing. I went to the South East corner and started to pull Tigers and Traps. After an incident where I almost died since I wasn't paying attention to Dreacon's MP, moved to the docks and pulled Pugils and Traps. I must admit that Meditate is a lot of fun and quite useful. I also managed to use the two hour and chain Tachi: Enpi > Tachi: Enpi for distortion, unfortunately this killed my mob and I was left with 100% TP. Anyway, I logged on the docks, so I will continue this evening and should hit at least 31 tonight.

Is there a better sub for soloing than WAR? I've noticed that I can't use Berserk or I take too much damage and since I am power-leveling myself I only rarely use Provoke to keep the mob on me. Mainly I don't let the mobs go after Dreacon since I want to level Parrying.

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Shef
Jailer of Lulz

Sub Monk for counter and dodge guy!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Squitt
電 話 武 士

Oh, we're talking about our day yesterday?

In that case, I went out coffer key hunting with my NPC. Got the keys for GC, CN and Beadeux. I managed to kill myself in Beadeux with a 4 quad link, however I did get the BLM dead and he dropped Flood, so once it sells it'll make the death worth it. I had lvl'd whm to 51 that morning, but when going to Beadeux for the coffer I managed to get a Broo aggro and died on WHM, dlvl'ing to 50, but I did get the coffer there after that. Then to CN, got the coffer easily. Didn't do GC due to the fact I needed 3 others to help with doors, but it sounds like I'll have the help needed for it later just from conversation in ls last night. I also went out and solo'd Dark Spark, managed to forget to bring a fast way home and just happened to pass Mayeh, Chew and Lady gathering for dynamis, Chew gave me a fast way home. Akiru invited me to pt with THF, so I got a lvl on that job as well. And while coffer key hunting I managed to get a 3rd Merit on MNK, so after debating on whether to up H2H to 5 or get Formless Strikes, the H2H upgrade won out and got the merit.

Yesterday was awesome! I felt that I had accomplished a lot when it was over.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

I used /war on sam pretty much exclusively. /mnk is an interesting idea though. Meditate is great. That, combined with Hasso, and the sam style mixed with drg style, that makes a sexy drg sexier Wink

So yeah, my day wasn't boring Razz

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ[;::;‹]ᵒᴥᵒญญญญญญญญญญญญ)›

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

Well I tried out SAM/MNK and Shef is right it's the way to go for soloing. You get Counter, Dodge, Boost and an extra 100 HPs so it worked out well. I kept doing the Tigers, Pugils and Birdtraps until I hit 32, then I went to do worms in Attohwa Chasm, they are a lot easier to kill so I got level 33 pretty quickly. Tomorrow I have a double exp ring day and I'll be back in the Chasm so should get 34 in no time and maybe 35 in the same night.

- Blade Runner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Clask
Samurai of the Dark Elvaan

are you leveling sam for sub or more?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

Not really sure at the moment, I plan to go to 40 at least. So far it's kinda fun, lots of stuff to do while fighting. I really can't afford to buy the kind of gear I would want for any job since all my gil goes to Dynamis money. So not really sure if I want to level jobs in parties right now. So I may switch to RNG and get that to 37ish next. If I had the gil to spend on jobs, I would level BLU and SAM further.

- Blade Runner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

Before Seigan /NIN was pretty good on SAM. Especially when you can use Third Eye to get Utsusemi back up.

Seigan ups the recast on Utsusemi though, so I'm not sure how well that works now. I used to be able to solo quite well on my SAM/NIN though.

I'll have to give it a try when I get back =)

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Freeze II 1/2 Burst II 1/3 Flame II 1/2 Flood II 1/1 Quake II 1/1 Tornado 1/1
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5
BLM75 SAM75 NIN66 WHM44 WAR40 RNG38 RDM37 THF37 DNC37 COR21 MNK20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

I just realized that I have Saigan. I'll have to play around with that a bit and see... Oh and I got to level 36 last night, so may hit 37 tonight or on the weekend.

The post rate has been really low lately, what's up with people? I need something to pass the time.

- Blade Runner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Squitt
電 話 武 士

Idk. I keep meaning to ask Dio, Morph or Zelig if they can come and tank Shen for us. But working the late schedule this week, get home sleepy, already have stuff planned for the evening and end up forgetting. If somebody sees any of the above PLD's ingame could you check with them and see if they are willing to devote some time for helping with Shen?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

lol my day yesterday (1/3/07)

I logged in inside Yughott Grotto, and continued my mining i had been doing. Spent about 2 hours doing that, 5 stacks of pickaxes later, i ended up with like 16 zinc ores, 4 more iron ingots, 1 copper inogts (tossed ones in the past), got 1 gold ore, 2 darksteel ore, also found the treasure chest, got me a pair of cougar baghnacks, and also found the NM, got a hermits wand. So overall, .2 smithing skill up gained, and about 40-50k gil. Decent i spose >.>; More if the zinc ore will sell. Got tired of mining, muled over most of my zinc ores to sell on my mule in bastok, put up my other precious metal ores to sell in AU. Muled over my field gear, then got all my MNK gear back. Went lfp for a bit, then decided id rather play GUitar Hero 2... so thats what i did.

Lol my day was prettty ineventful. I hope to go massive XPing today tho =O Squitt, you and Mayeh need to take me KRTing sometime >.>; I needz expreience with this sorta thing.
GW2 - Retired: Dunador Serestil - Mesmer - Maguuma
Steam Handle: Dunador (Profile Link)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

Yeah the KRT thing should be done soonish, I need some merits again. The problem is trying to find the time. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday are out since at least one of us is doing Dynamis. Sunday is out for me since I do sky then. Saturday my sky shell is starting to do Limbus and Salvage runs, so it would have to be morning or evening. The only other day left is Wednesday and Squitt has his Assault static at 10 PMish.

- Blade Runner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Bristow
Caster of Disaster

Mayeh, how do you keep track of your schedule and those of others?? I barely handel my own. I've been MIA lately from the holidays, my new found addiction for tv dvd series, and learning more about dj-ing. Recently I've only been logged on long enough to feed my chocobo.

I'm not sure, but I have this daunting feeling something terrible is going to happen...

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » I grow bored at work
 Page 1 of 2