FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Other Games » Elder Scrolls Online
  The time now is Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:46 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Elder Scrolls Online  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/

Been watching this one for awhile now. I thought they would never go with an online version of their games, but I suppose it makes sense. I just think the market is saturated right now--be interesting to see how this goes.

Wumy

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Tibz
There and Back Again

what do you think of it wum?

I was reading this list of bullet points compiled just after the announcement www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472749 Kinda made the game look really generic and meh.

I would like a co-op elder scroll game for sure, but I think it would need to play just like the sp ones or as close as possible and not just forced into the wow mmo model.

All that being said I'm interested to see fully voiced mmos. SWTOR really looked bad to me when it came out but when F2P came out I gave it a go and was really surprised how good it felt being an active part of the cut scenes Bioware style. So I'd really like to see this happen in more mmos, tends to make me care more about the story. (something an mmo hasn't done since ffxi for me)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

Well, WOW is the curse that has been laid upon every modern MMO, IMO. The industry cannot seem to get out of that box, though I do think some games give it a try with varying degrees of success. And that's unfortunate--nobody wants to play WOW in space (SWTOR) or MorroWOWind. The MMO industry needs a big paradigm shift, but I don't think ESO is it.

I, too, really liked the fully voiced aspect of SWTOR, especially that your character had a voice. TSW has fully voiced cutscenes, but your character is mute, and it's a jarring difference after SWTOR. I didn't think I'd like the voicing, but it turns out I really do like it, and in a game like TSW (and to some extent SWTOR) it actually is worth it to listen to the dialog.

I am excited that an ESO Mac client is at least being considered, though I have a very decent gaming PC now. I will almost certainly play but not at launch. I think I'll give it 6 months and see what kind of business model emerges. But the appeal is that I absolutely adore the Elder Scroll games, though I always felt horribly lonely playing them. So getting to explore Morrowind, and Tamriel, and Skyrim with a bunch of other people is really appealing. I can't wait to see how Morrowind looks with a big graphics bump since I loved that game more than pie (it's by far my favorite ES game).

Wumy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Beta invite  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

Got a beta invite for ESO this weekend. Looking forward to it. Smile Anyone still reading this forum played it yet? Or going to be playing this weekend?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Kade
The Duke of San d'Oria

If FFXIV: A Realm Reborn had bombed I might have checked out Elder Scrolls Online. With that being said, I am thoroughly enjoying the new FFXIV, as are a lot of us from THS who are playing (and staying this time).

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/KadeFFXI?ref=profile

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Neovilla
Bird Basher

Room mate got in, will see how that is.
[Bastok Mission: Completed] [ San doria Mission: Completed] [Windurst Mission: Completed] [RoZ Mission: Completed] [CoP Mission: Completed] [TouA Mission: Completed] [C: 28/50][WotG Mission: 24][ACP Mission:Completed][ MKD Mission: 2][ASA Mission: 10]

Neovilla: http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=132283

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

I tried playing in the beta. I reported a lot of bugs I came across, ignoring the occasional npc with a text to speech voiceover. The combat is meh. The other aspects of gameplay is meh. I played for a few hours trying to get into it but it just couldn't keep my interest as it just wouldn't do anything to grab and hold my attention.

I kept getting stuck in various npc interactions and generally got tired of various problems with it, and then bored, so I went back to FFXIV and beat Titan in 2 attempts (first attempt was a fail due to lag, would have beat it the first time otherwise).

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ[;::;‹]ᵒᴥᵒญญญญญญญญญญญญ)›

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

grats nims, you on rag? been out to sea otherwise i'd have offered to help.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

I am not. Don't really have plans to change at the moment.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ[;::;‹]ᵒᴥᵒญญญญญญญญญญญญ)›

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Kade
The Duke of San d'Oria

I bought the PS4 version of ESO last year, played for a few months and then got disracted by other games/hobbies/life. Recently started back up a few months ago right before the release of the morrwind expansion and still playing on a daily basis.

Sanjiro has been playing nonstop ESO for the past year, and Powerz and Neovilla play casually when they can.

PS4 NA Megaserver, my PS4 Gamertag is KadeFFXI if anybody else also plays that is not already on my friendlist.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/KadeFFXI?ref=profile

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Other Games » Elder Scrolls Online
 Page 1 of 1