FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » FFXIV News » 2.1 patch notes
  The time now is Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:36 am 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: 2.1 patch notes  Reply with quote  

Neovilla
Bird Basher

Its only days away so they have finally released the patch notes for 2.1 and I tell ya lot of mix feelings with these but got to wait and see how things handle. Things getting nerf or made easier and stuff finally fixed but ya can see why the sever is going to be down for a while for this.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/03843d6bf7ba69adc37d7955ff7af43f3c43828a
[Bastok Mission: Completed] [ San doria Mission: Completed] [Windurst Mission: Completed] [RoZ Mission: Completed] [CoP Mission: Completed] [TouA Mission: Completed] [C: 28/50][WotG Mission: 24][ACP Mission:Completed][ MKD Mission: 2][ASA Mission: 10]

Neovilla: http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=132283

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

I'm mildly upset with PvP. I noticed that all the PvP specific gear has a 4th stat called "Morale". I have to assume that this is going to be some sort of all empowering stat that improves everything inside PvP battles. Anyone who played WoW knows how that always goes.

I could also be wrong, and it could be something that decreases stun times or some such. I'd be ok with that. What I really wish was that all PvP could be just like Guild Wars 2 PvP. I loved that games version of it, put everyone at the same gear-level, and just let skills be the difference. It was nice.
GW2 - Retired: Dunador Serestil - Mesmer - Maguuma
Steam Handle: Dunador (Profile Link)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

Meh ive never been a fan of PVP in this style game where stats drive performance just as much as know how.

The pure fact that you have a diverse amount of classes with unique mechanisms and play styles means at some point a certain combination both in PvE and especially in PvP will become dominant for one reason or another.

This will become increasingly true as what happens with all mmo's the level cap increases and new abilities and mechanisms are added to every class in addition to old ones being adjusted.

And to duna im sure its going to be exactly like PvP stats from wow though... they did basically nerf pvp gear a few times in MoP which i was playing up till 14 released, basically raid tier PvE gear could afford you just as much if not more of an edge then proper pvp gear since they somewhat standardized certain pvp stats mostly the defensive one iirc every one had 65% base line with a hard cap of 75% or something.

Hmm... while im at making HOLY WALLS OF TEXT BATMAN posts... i might coment on the class changes most dear to my own heart...

War/MRD:
Brutal Swing: recast being lowered to 20sec... well itll help but dont think itll change wanting to have a stun bitc... err pld OT.

Vengance: This was needed, paladins were able to take foresight from us but we wern't able to take from PLD their main damage mitigation move so x.x

Mercy Stroke: Meh, more damage i guess? the healing effect from it is damn near impossible to get half the time so meh.

Thrill of Battle: Meh... if i could help it i'd have it so it only boosted your max hp if the hp healed exceeded your current max hp and immediatly would drop your max hp as your HP decreased untill your actual is/was bellow your actual max, my reasoning is the temp boost in max hp causes healers to try and cap me off which when this wears off becomes basically "overhealing" then again with the longer boost to max hp allows me to survive larger hits when topped off...

Overpower emity increase... well im not complaining but in mass pull situations it always did fine for me especially considering the emity boost defiance is about to get... think pld's are going to be hard pressed to steal hate from a war trying to keep it x.x

Homlgang has now become a whole lot more utilizable AND useful, the extremly short range kinda made it meh before but now its more or less an OH S@$% cooldown and i like that.

Storms Path's wording is kind of vague, that is to say it says when combo'd it reduces damage delt by enemies by 10% im hoping that means its a self buff reducing damage taken by 10% but by the wording sounds very likely that its actually a debuff that reduces the damage that a monster deals which is great for bosses but far less usefull then i initially thought it to be =/

Defiance: Perfect

Inner Beast: Sadness... the 300% healing deal is what i used to keep myself going nigh healerless for SR on WP bosses T.T the damage mitigation effect is nice though.

Unchained: Hell yeah!!! still kind of a long cool down but oh well =/

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Bristow
Caster of Disaster

Best thing so far has been the inventory sort!!!!
Not to be ungrateful, but I was hoping for a continuation of Starlight Celebration. Those were always my favorite in XI. Hearing the Jeuno bgm change to have jingle bells behind it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

Guess what Very Happy

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2013/The_Starlight_Celebration/

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

I've already gotten all the items, heh.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ[;::;‹]ᵒᴥᵒญญญญญญญญญญญญ)›

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » FFXIV News » 2.1 patch notes
 Page 1 of 1