FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » FFXIV News » Hey guys...
  The time now is Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:35 am 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Hey guys...  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

So I kind of threw away my install disc and uninstalled 14, was semi interested in giving it a serious chance again however my google searches to find an online copy for purchase or other wise have all ended in vain.

Basically any one able to throw me a bone here?

Part 2 of this would be iirc there were server merges so what server should i choose when i reactivate?

Part 3 would be i have a metric ton of questions, mainly how does the whole advanced class thing work, how good is bard and any one willing to pimp me out at level 20... well assuming i can get back on /sigh

PS: after obtaining a relic in 11 and a bunch of poor moves by the dev team and blatant ignorance of what should be priority changes to 11 coupled with my small man endgame group collapsing been breaking my heart to log into 11 anymore not to mention while there are things left i can do i just have no motivation to do them for various and founded reasons T.T

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alve
Crab Crusher

Final server save is coming up now at the end of the month, after that XIV will be down for a while, so you're probably better of by just waiting until ARR is up and running properly, beta or full version. Which will probably be nearing the end of the year/beginning of the next.

People from THS mostly have characters on Gungnir, although not many have been playing as of late. My self included as I don't see a whole lot of reason for it right before the huge upgrade.

As for how classes and quests work, they're reworking the whole battlesystem, so nobody, other than the dev team and alpha testers can tell you much about that at the moment. We've all got a lot of stuff to learn once they reopen the servers. Wink

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Kade
The Duke of San d'Oria

Right now it's not worth the effort to come back due to the fact that the current version of the game comes to an end in the next few days and it's been a ghost town as far as THS is concerned for quite a while now.

On October 31st they are doing a final save maintainance to save current character data that will transfer over to Final Fantasy XIV 2.0: A Realm Reborn, after that, any game progress will not be carried over.

On November 11th they are taking the servers down for a few days, then they will bring them back up so people can still play if they want to, but at the end of each month, if login numbers drop below 30% they will take the servers down again.

No idea when version 2.0 is going to be released, but that looks to be over a year away from whtat I can gather.

Here is what they have released so far on the transition info:

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=f4c54db8e776c513e8e95780421693aa28b24b57

More details can be found here and there in various letters from the producers, but i cannot remember which ones, so you'd have to read them yourself if your curious.

I know this raises more questions than answers, maybe neovilla can fill in some details, since i have nat playde myself for the past 3+ moths.

EDIT: When version 2.0 is rleased, they did mention that anybody who had a registered copy of FFXIV would be able to get a free install disc or digitial download for 2.0, so that should hopefully fix your no-disc issue at that time.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/KadeFFXI?ref=profile

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

Ah thanks guys, also for fully typing out ARR kade cause i was about to ask x.x

I just need something to play, current gen of video games do not seem to hold my attention in the same way 11 has, and perhaps that was only because of the who i played with and not the what i was playing.

With my recent mass of free time i've kind of fallen into a rut as i'm finally getting some time to reflect on where i am in life, which save a few areas i'm fairly happy with.

Just to clarify a few things i ended up quitting 14 originally due to the way a few people i had known from 11 changed in 14 coupled with the fact that abyssea was actually pretty damn good content for 11, The only thing that bothered me about changes to 14 was that they started adding all level items to vendors, i kinda liked the concept of a completely player driven economy. Reason i never came back was probably due to the fact i was a bit bitter at it taking yall away from me, or perhaps i let the fact that we were no longer playing the same game do that meh.

Either way save for a lack of variety of things to do which i heavily attributed to the fact that it was a new game at the time, i rather enjoyed 14.

I'm going to guess the addition of the materia system helped create an outlet for excess crafted goods though (back at my player driven economy coment)

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Neovilla
Bird Basher

I"ll tell ya one thing though today's ffxiv is a different beast then it was when it started XD and should of started this way. With the improvements and changes coming that are coming and with what we already have I can't wait for FFXIV:ARR. I"m with Alve on the same boat since we pretty much cleared it. Only log on now if any LS members ask for help which is XD is Mitsu and Koiji lol.
[Bastok Mission: Completed] [ San doria Mission: Completed] [Windurst Mission: Completed] [RoZ Mission: Completed] [CoP Mission: Completed] [TouA Mission: Completed] [C: 28/50][WotG Mission: 24][ACP Mission:Completed][ MKD Mission: 2][ASA Mission: 10]

Neovilla: http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=132283

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » FFXIV News » Hey guys...
 Page 1 of 1