FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Other Games » Diablo III - May 15th!
  The time now is Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:16 am 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Diablo III - May 15th!  Reply with quote  

Kade
The Duke of San d'Oria

In the news today, 2 months to go if release date holds!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/KadeFFXI?ref=profile

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

LuckyAlex
Why hasn't Lucky asked for a title yet?

I got the game today!

The game is online played only so when the servers goes down, you can't play. They had multiple emergency maintenance today since the game went live Evil or Very Mad

I just finished playing for 2h now and it was fine now Very Happy

You can play in a private area solo, public area or just invite friends to play with you.

The game is nice, its a little more casual based then D2 and and feels a little easy, at least at the start. There's not much customization skill wise but for the little 2h i played its nice.

Game size is around 8 gig and run pretty smoothly.

If you download the game instead of installing it from a disk, you can play past a certain amount of data downloaded while downloading the rest but you might experience massive lag in game until the game is fully downloaded.

Since i bought a physical copy, i received a free guest pass for D3 that allow someone to play D3 for free up to the boss in act 1 with some feature restricted. So if your willing to download around 7gig of data to play the game for around 3 hours (might be more if you create and try all the characters not sure how guest passes work) i can send someone the key.

I also got a free guest pass for WOW that allow you to try the game for free up to level 20 with some restriction if anyone want to try it.

I can't wait for tomorrow so i can play some more!

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

I bought it last night, and leveled a Wizard up to 9 so far. Haven't played online yet, just single player, but I'm game if we want to try for a group.

Wumy

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Koiji
Paragon of Pirate Excellence

I got it yesterday as well and got a barbarian up to 16 or so. I have an ability that makes monsters explode. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

LuckyAlex

It would be really nice to have fun in a group.

I have a 25 wizard and a level 9 monk. I can start any other char if needed.

My battle net ID is LuckyAlex#1909

I still have the free guest passes if anyone is still interested.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Koiji
Paragon of Pirate Excellence

My BATTLETAG® is EricFish#1751.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

Merrin#1509

I'll add you all as friends. Smile

I'll probably be on tonight for a few hours, around 6pm EST.

I have a level 10 Wizard, a level 9 or so Monk, and a level 4 Demon Hunter. I don't mind starting a new character if we want to go from scratch.

Wumy

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

It is nice, when you hit the boss and you can't quite beat it, that you can just go online and find a random group to get it done. Smile

Wumy

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

LuckyAlex

Useful things to know about Diablo 3

In gameplay settings, there's an option called Show Advanced Tooltips. if you check that option, the tooltips for all your skills will show more detailed info like the % of weapon damage the skill does. Can be useful if you want to be sure of what the skill really does.

In gameplay settings, there's also an option called Elective Mode. This will allow you to select any skills to your 6 skills buttons and you wont be restricted to the skill in the button category Like left mouse button is linked to your primary attack skill only. This is useful when you only have useless skills unlocked at the moment in the same category and have 2 useful skills in another category.

In gameplay settings, there's a drop down box called Item Label display which is by default set to push to show for 10 seconds where you push your default key (mine set on alt) to show the name of the items on the ground that have disappeared for 10 seconds. If you set it to push to toggle then the button will toggle on or off so that when you have it to on, the name of the items on the ground will never disappear. Could be annoying while in the middle of a massive battle but really useful while trying to find all the items that is spread after the fight. I haven't tried the option push to show. It might be more useful.

Warning : There's a massive phishing going on at the moment with diablo 3 and tons of people are biting and have lost all their gears and gold.

If you receive any battle.net email that ask you to click a link you need to make sure the main address finish by battle.net/ and not something like eu.battle.net.diablo-***-free-****.com/free.htm?ref=https://www.blizzard.com/support/index.xml where diablo-***-free-****.com is the main address with a battle.net sub-domain there also a battles.net domain that could potentially be used for phishing too.

I put some **** so that no one could click and get phished.

There's also an authenticator that can be downloaded for free on your apple and android phone and tablets if you don't want to buy one. The application gives you a serial number that you input in your battle.net account info then gives you a number generated every 5 seconds.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

52 demon hunter, damn glass cannons...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Kade
The Duke of San d'Oria

I'm a little late to the party, I just picked up a copy, currently installing.

Battle Tag: Kade#1867

I have copies of Diablo I & II stored somewhere, but I've never really played either of them, so D3 will be my 1st real experience with this franchise.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/KadeFFXI?ref=profile

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

From what I've heard, it's not a good experience to be starting with.
GW2 - Retired: Dunador Serestil - Mesmer - Maguuma
Steam Handle: Dunador (Profile Link)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN Messenger  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Other Games » Diablo III - May 15th!
 Page 1 of 1