FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Other Games » Secret World
  The time now is Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:16 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Secret World  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

Anyone playing this? It looks intriguing...

http://www.thesecretworld.com/

Wumy

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

Well, I bought a copy of The Secret World, and so far I really like it. Only been playing for a few hours, but so far the game is fun and very fluid. While there isn't traditional leveling, you do level up skills and abilities by earning points to put into things. What I've seen of the world so far, it is very rich in content--you actually want to listen to the quest givers because they give you important information, as does the lore. Also, the horror elements are done right--this has a very Lovecraft look and feel to it, and I like the modern day setting.

I'll post some screenshots eventually.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

I have a few friends who play it and are quite enthusiastic about it too. I might dabble.

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Freeze II 1/2 Burst II 1/3 Flame II 1/2 Flood II 1/1 Quake II 1/1 Tornado 1/1
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5
BLM75 SAM75 NIN66 WHM44 WAR40 RNG38 RDM37 THF37 DNC37 COR21 MNK20

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

Well, for players who love to play around with stats and combos, this is probably the game for you. You have access to all the game's abilities, but you can only have 7 active and 7 passive abilities available at any given time. It's a little mind-boggling. I'm using blades for soloing right now, since that's a good set for high damage and self-buffing with heals and defense. But I'm working on a couple of official decks, including Paladin and Exorcist.

I moved into the next area, The Savage Coast last night and had a rough time of it on the beach near the hotel. It was very satisfying to finally complete the quest, however. Smile

I believe I may cancel my SWTOR account shortly. TSW is so much more fun right now. It's a shame, I had fun in SWTOR, but I feel like it's already a little stale, and I was never able to connect with other players, and it was too much like WOW in the end for me. I've already found a cool cabal in TSW.

I'll keep an eye on SWTOR, however, and maybe play it again further down the line.

Wumy

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Other Games » Secret World
 Page 1 of 1