FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » I need a social shell
  The time now is Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:58 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: I need a social shell  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

Kind of a rant, kind of a question.

First, the rant. Basicly, I'm tired of logging in, seeing that there are 10+ people online in the linkshell (DeadlyArmada), saying hi, waiting a few minutes, saying hi again, with a ? added, waiting a few more minutes. Then after I give up, a few minutes later, people just start talking in linkshell about whatever they were just partied up for, that was -so- engrossing that taking the 2 seconds it takes to hit a combined 6 keystrokes on a keyboard to say "/l Hi[enter]".

I play, and have always played, FFXI for its people, not for the game content. Yea, game content is a factor that keeps you in the game, but it was the people I did that content with that I enjoyed. And back in the day, a few years ago, we got stuff done, AND had fun. Didnt we? We had some pretty good times. Now it's all about progress, progress, progress. No fun to be had here, gotta get that empyrean done, gotta get all your seals. What, you're new, and haven't had the experience to gear up appropriately? Sorry, you can't come with. What, you've been coming with our group as this particular job since you joined? Oh, well we're gonna let this other person who just finished leveling that job 30 minutes ago lot against you on that job specific item.

The social aspect of FFXI seems very very much so dead. It's quite depressing. My return will be very short lived if this is what this game is made of now.

Now, for the request. Does anyone who still watches this forum belong to or know a currently active social linkshell in FFXI on Sylph? I dont care if they're all made of level 5's, if they're fun to chat with and have some laughs with, then I'm all for it. I need people who actually converse.

Edit: Ok, so I read my own rant after posting it. I feel like I threw in some griping about gear drops, which I didnt initially mean to do. It's just..... blah, I don't know what it is. This is just me ranting in general about the state of FFXI.
GW2 - Retired: Dunador Serestil - Mesmer - Maguuma
Steam Handle: Dunador (Profile Link)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

Most of us went over to Murda's shell, MomentoMori. Not sure who besides Murda and Zeldar are sacks, but here's their webpage (it's not very active):

http://momentomori.freeforums.org/

Wumy

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: I need a social shell  Reply with quote  

Pyrobug
Why haven't you asked for a title yet?

Dunador wrote:
Edit: Ok, so I read my own rant after posting it. I feel like I threw in some griping about gear drops, which I didnt initially mean to do. It's just..... blah, I don't know what it is. This is just me ranting in general about the state of FFXI.

Ah, been there. Back in the day, I used to rant so much I was constantly amazed I didn't log in and find my link pearl was just gone.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM Address  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Cerrawan
Why haven't you asked for a title yet?

Just sounds like you dont have a very social shell duna. Hitting up murda/zel for a pearl ingame is the best way for a pearl. Sounds like you just need a sounds like you just dont have a very social shell.

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » I need a social shell
 Page 1 of 1