FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » FFXIV Discussions » Contemplating buying, need convincing.
  The time now is Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:49 pm 

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Contemplating buying, need convincing.  Reply with quote  

Shef
Jailer of Lulz

Always looking for new ways to blow my disposable income, and missing my loved link shellers, I require a reason to pick up a copy of EFF EFF EX EYE VEE.

I actually enjoyed EFF EFF EX EYE VEE during beta. Despite all of the interface issues and the game engine (EEF EFF EX EYE is still my fav mmo of all time, so thats not an issue) what are the pros and cons of the game at its CURRENT state?

This is a serious request, reviews are useless to me, I trust the opinions of use guys.

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Kade
The Duke of San d'Oria

Pros:

It's currently free to play, so you can throw away some of your disposable income on other stuff after the initial purchase of the software.

The interface is much more responsive, crafting takes a fraction of the time it used to, among other things.

Market Wards have improved to the point where you can find what you want in a matter of minutes not hours.

The current Dev Team is very open to communication, actually listen to the playerbase and have steadily made improvments to the game and continue to do so, although there is still a long way to go.

RMT is almost if not entirely non-existant.

Stable and healthy economy in-game, you won't have to spend the majority of your time trying to make gil to buy what you want.

Meeting new people, those of us that still play have joined another ls since THS in XIV is inactive for the time being (see cons for explanation)

Cons:

Still not much more to do in-game besides what there was in beta, although they are planning more story driven content.

Not the most "popular" game on the block, so most of the THS ls that was playing XIV during Beta and after inital release has either returned to XI, joined another MMO or quit MMO's alltogether. (Note: This is not a knock against those of you who have quit, since in the game's current state this is entirely understandable, just pointing out the fact that THS is not what it was in XIV)

Improvements have a long way to go before the future of the game is certain.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/KadeFFXI?ref=profile

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

14 is a great game for a fresh MMO, only reason im not on much is for 1 it lacks over all content and among other things i was getting sick of people being so... venomous about the game not fitting the way they wanted it, mind you their issues were with things that had fundamental flaws most of which are now worked out. that and a few members attitude in 14 by comparison to 11 i found myself at ends with, all in all with all the new content in 11 and the break i took from 14 i got sucked back >.<

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:14 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Shef
Jailer of Lulz

I like that Kade, he's a very convincing speaker.

Will grab it this weekend and play all day memorial day. You better be on >Sad

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Kade
The Duke of San d'Oria

I think i either jinxed the RMT thing or just did not really notice it until i logged shortly after the recent maintainance when the camps were not crowded yet, but apparantly there is a bit more RMT than i thought Sad .

A bit sad to see, since honestly there cannot be a very big market for RMT to sell to in XIV at the moment. One, the playerbase is currently relatively small for an mmo, and as i said in my pros comments, making decent amounts of gil right now should not be a problem for anybody.

I just hope my theory is wrong, which is that they may be stockpilling now while it's free to play.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Kade
The Duke of San d'Oria

Also, i work Sunday night, so my 1st few hrs of memorial day will be at work, then i will need some sleep once i get home, so don't expect me to be on utnil later.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Kade
The Duke of San d'Oria

You need to let us know your character name here so that we will be able to find you in game.

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » FFXIV Discussions » Contemplating buying, need convincing.
 Page 1 of 1