FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Other Games » Vindictus
  The time now is Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:17 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Vindictus  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

I've become addicted to Vindictus. It's a third person instance based hack and slash MMO, but it's actually not all that mindless. The boss fights can get pretty intense.

And as I've mentioned a few times, I like games that utilize the gamepad and this one does so fairly well. The actual battle field parts fully use the gamepad, but still require mouse and keyboard in town (at least as far as I can tell).

It's free to download and play, using a micropayment system for income. You can actually progress completely without paying a dime. Buying the little goodies pretty much only makes the game a bit more manageable and can accelerate your advancement a bit.

It runs on the Source engine so if your computer can run Half Life 2, it can run this game, and it looks quite nice.

http://vindictus.nexon.net/

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ[;::;‹]ᵒᴥᵒญญญญญญญญญญญญ)›

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

It doesnt look much like an MMO.....More like a free downloadable RPG.... Just from my first glance tho.
GW2 - Retired: Dunador Serestil - Mesmer - Maguuma
Steam Handle: Dunador (Profile Link)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

It's MMO in the sense that diablo, guildwars, etc are MMO.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

I found a cinematic trailer for this game and one of the comments says it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqokHNvP9fA

"the only game where the action in the cinematic trailer is do-able in the gameplay xD"

Yes, even the pillar wielding, chain hooking, and spearing are in the game.

I've almost got the blood prince unlocked Very Happy I hear that battle is tough. My favorite battle is still the white tyrant, though. The red tyrant is suppose to be a much tougher version of this boss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dH6rM9sIBY

I've taken some video and screenshots. I need to post them at some point.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Jarreth
Shantotto's Bodyguard

Just downloaded it today. Just did enough to get Level 2, but it seems pretty fun.

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:42 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

I've reached level 35. Some of the later bosses get freaking insane. I have a new favorite boss now. The werewolves.

Anyway, right now the level cap is 38, but that is being bumped up to 44 Dec 1 and more story is to be released as well as a new set of areas.

BTW, all indications point to an eventual level cap of 200. The funny thing is I'm not so concerned about levels as I am AP.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

I have completed the blood prince set!

Took a bit of doing because silver ore is so hard to come across and expensive to buy.

Most people go for the silver/white set. I've seen gold also. I liked red better. I need to work on the coloring at some point, though. Well, I might, anyway. The dye system sucks in this game.

Edit: I just noticed I had the makings of some of the Heavier Red Tyrant set so I got started on it. It'll probably take me a bit to finish it as I have to craft a separate armor set then "upgrade" it (the former armor set is used as parts for the latter). Unfortunately, it appears Nexon broke their servers so I can't work on it any further Sad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

I call this image: When Glitches Go Wrong

Basically, you can pick items up. If two items are right next to one another, it can show the pick up animations for one item, while holding the other in the position of where the item would be in the animation. Normally a pitchfork is picked up and used for stabbing and throwing like a spear. I tried picking up a pumpkin and it grabbed the pitch fork and promptly placed it where the pumpkin should be. I've seen this glitch numerous times, but never to this level of hilarity.

And yes, my title is Really Ignorant. I'm working on getting the title Inexcusably Ignorant to replace that one.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

Lately I've been amused with the finishing shots as you can sometimes catch a glimpse of the facial expressions your character makes in combat.

Oh, and DogFood lives!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:17 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

The last couple of patches have been pretty great. Level cap got bumped from 44 to 60 (it's believed this will eventually go to 200). New bosses were introduced that are crazy hard. New battle modes were introduced (gauntlet, which puts you through a gauntlet of the bosses in a particular battle area that have new abilities and are just generally tougher, and hero mode, which I can't do yet, and I assume is just a much higher difficult, similar to how hard mode is harder than normal mode). New weapons, new gear, new abilities. I want my Furious Seven skill!

I really hope someone eventually makes a game similar to vindictus but with open exploration...that's all this game really lacks. Supposedly Tera will do this but the pace looked a bit slow compared to Vindictus.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

So this just happened:

Tank scored a home run with counter...as the finishing blow!

Now off to get myself killed in some hero mode action.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

That is one awesome pic. Very Happy

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Freeze II 1/2 Burst II 1/3 Flame II 1/2 Flood II 1/1 Quake II 1/1 Tornado 1/1
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5
BLM75 SAM75 NIN66 WHM44 WAR40 RNG38 RDM37 THF37 DNC37 COR21 MNK20

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Other Games » Vindictus
 Page 1 of 1