FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » News » Servers coming back up Mar. 25, 2011 4:00 (PDT)
  The time now is Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:43 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Servers coming back up Mar. 25, 2011 4:00 (PDT)  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/news/detail?newsId=7926574eb5c7c8c20d6976461401a3e6091969af

Restoration of Game Services
As part of power conservation measures enacted following the Tohoku earthquake, our game servers were shut down on Mar. 13, 2011 3:00 (PDT) and services for FINAL FANTASY XIV, FINAL FANTASY XI, and PlayOnline (hereafter referred to as "these services") were temporarily suspended. We have determined a date for the restoration of these services, and would like to share this information with you.

Operating the servers for these services makes up 11.6% of the total power consumed by our Tokyo office (based on February 2011 records). We have shut down our air conditioning system (8.8%) and enacted other power conservation measures, such as reducing lighting in our offices, to achieve over 10% in energy usage reductions. With these energy saving measures in place, we will be able to bring our servers back online and restore service to FINAL FANTASY XIV, FINAL FANTASY XI, and PlayOnline on Mar. 25, 2011 4:00 (PDT). All other services, such as those offered on the PlayOnline website, that were temporarily suspended will also be restored at the same time. Please be aware, however, that we may once again be required to suspend services in the event that the power situation worsens.

We offer our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by the temporary suspension of these services, and thank you for your understanding. As noted in our original notice regarding the suspension of these services, customers will not be charged any monthly fees for FINAL FANTASY XI throughout the April billing cycle.

We at the Square Enix group are trying to act in a proactive manner in order to provide support towards the relief and restoration efforts in the face of this unprecedented disaster while providing reliable service to our customers, and we thank you for your understanding and support.

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

Does anyone beside me feel guilty that they're doing all this just so we can play a game while all that crap is going on?

Seriously, I want to write to them and tell them it's fine, they have bigger things to worry about. I also don't mind continuing to pay my monthly fee so the workers there at SE and their families don't suffer additional hardship.

Wumy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Ninelives
Le Fantôme de l’Forums

Wumyamya wrote:
Does anyone beside me feel guilty that they're doing all this just so we can play a game while all that crap is going on?

Seriously, I want to write to them and tell them it's fine, they have bigger things to worry about. I also don't mind continuing to pay my monthly fee so the workers there at SE and their families don't suffer additional hardship.

Nope, you're not the only one. Even if this happened at XI's peak, I'd have much rather not played for a few weeks then have them turn off air conditioning, lights, and other comfort items during a time where comforts, even small scale ones, are needed. I'm thinking the large negative reaction to XIV's release and subsequent effort to retain the fleeing customer base has a large part in this. They're already very concerned about losing their paying customer to the bad launch, and maybe they feel keeping customer satisfaction high by not charging for playing days missed will generate more income in the future than one month's subscription income.

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » News » Servers coming back up Mar. 25, 2011 4:00 (PDT)
 Page 1 of 1