FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » News » Job Adjustments Part II (09/03/2010)
  The time now is Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:02 am 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: Job Adjustments Part II (09/03/2010)  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

As previously announced, the September version update will see the unveiling of a variety of new job abilities, traits, and spells. Besides these additions, existing job abilities will also see wide-ranging adjustments and refinements.

The following adjustments will be made to existing job abilities:

- The warrior ability "Restraint" will no longer prevent the user from dealing critical hits.

- The thief ability "Despoil" will have an increased success rate, and the status ailment inflicted upon the enemy will be displayed in the message log.

- The beastmaster ability "Call Beast" will receive four new jugs:
Curdled Plasma Broth / Goblin Bug Broth / Bubbling Carrion Broth / Chirping Grasshopper Broth

- The beastmaster ability "Reward" will have minimum level requirements placed on pet food as follows, and the healing effect will be increased accordingly for food of higher levels:
- Pet Food Alpha (Level 12)
- Pet Food Beta (Level 24)
- Pet Food Gamma (Level 36)
- Pet Food Delta (Level 4Cool
- Pet Food Epsilon (Level 60)
- Pet Food Zeta (Level 72)

- The bard songs "Chocobo Mazurka" and "Raptor Mazurka" will be effective in non-field areas.

- Elemental ninjutsu will receive a damage increase.

- The dragoon ability "Spirit Jump" will be affected by the "Jump Recast" merit point skill.

- The enhanced effect of the dragoon ability "Spirit Jump" when your wyvern is present will be increased further.

- Wyverns summoned with the dragoon ability "Call Wyvern" will be able to level up with experience gained in Abyssea.

- Summoners level 76 and above will see a decrease in the amount of MP required to sustain summoned avatars.

- The following blood pacts will have their effect duration lengthened commensurate with summoning magic skill, regardless of whether or not the skill has been increased to its maximum:
Shining Ruby / Glittering Ruby / Hastega / Crimson Howl / Frost Armor / Rolling Thunder / Lightning Armor / Ecliptic Growl / Ecliptic Howl / Noctoshield / Dream Shroud

- The maximum amount of MP drainable using the summoner ability "Elemental Siphon" will be increased.

- The maximum amount of MP restorable with the blue magic spell "Battery Charge" will be increased. This will be accomplished by reducing the rate of MP restoration slightly, but increasing the total duration of the spell effect.

- Your assigned set of blue magic will remain stored even after changing jobs.

- It will now be possible to accumulate TP and increase marksmanship skill using the corsair ability "Quick Draw."

- The duration of the corsair ability "Double Up" upon a roll of 11 will be reduced to five minutes.
*To compensate for this, enhancements to "Lucky 11" rolls are being planned for future updates, so please stay tuned!

- The puppetmaster ability "Deus Ex Automata" will be added.
- Deus Ex Automata (PUP Lv.5 / Ability Delay: 1 min.)
Calls forth your automaton in an unsound state.

- When level restriction results in a puppetmaster's automaton being deactivated in a state of full or nearly full health, the ability "Activate" will become immediately usable.

- The following items usable with the puppetmaster ability "Repair" will provide immediate HP restoration in addition to their existing Regen effect. Their purchase price will also be reduced.
Automaton Oil / Automaton Oil +1 / Automaton Oil +2

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

Quote:
Your assigned set of blue magic will remain stored even after changing jobs.

TOOK THEM LONG ENOUGH
GW2 - Retired: Dunador Serestil - Mesmer - Maguuma
Steam Handle: Dunador (Profile Link)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

Quote:
- The bard songs "Chocobo Mazurka" and "Raptor Mazurka" will be effective in non-field areas.

About bloody time!

Wumy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

Restraing - NICE

meh i havent used despoil yet, it shares a timer with steal anyways right?

hmm hopefully the pet food thing is a good change.

WOOOT bards no longer get completly outclassed by DNC and COR in this reguards, damn cheating dungeon runners!/

what exactly does spirit jump do? whats its advantage over the jump it shares a timmer with?

hmmm seems SE is accepting astral burn parties with the blood pact change... oh well my smn skills are poor... i need to level legit a bit, ive never had trouble picking up a job before, guess im not well suited to smn T.T

seems that they are making other jobs more mp friendly

about time spell sets become savable -.-

hmmm wonder if the new pup ability will summon a near dead maton or if itll be a fully overloaded maton. still any way to maintain your maton is a good thing.

also looking foward to the whole oil thing, though in all honesty they should make it stack to 99 considering how often and easy it is to take hate/kill your maton i find myself often using repair...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Koiji
Paragon of Pirate Excellence

Quote:
- It will now be possible to accumulate TP and increase marksmanship skill using the corsair ability "Quick Draw."

Shocked

I'd been wanting that for years.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Ninelives
Le Fantôme de l’Forums

Koiji wrote:
Quote:

Shocked

I'd been wanting that for years.

Yes! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

I bet that makes soloing NMs on COR a bit easier, eh?

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Freeze II 1/2 Burst II 1/3 Flame II 1/2 Flood II 1/1 Quake II 1/1 Tornado 1/1
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5
BLM75 SAM75 NIN66 WHM44 WAR40 RNG38 RDM37 THF37 DNC37 COR21 MNK20

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

wouldnt imagine a cor would be ws if soloing an nm since the animation freezes ya in place, unless perhaps subbing dnc and using QD tp to heal? though i think the proper solo strat is to kite card shot no? done right the cor shouldnt be taking dammage. but as far as regular situations i can see that as being quite nice.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Ninelives
Le Fantôme de l’Forums

It would depend a lot on the NM's natural movement speed. Wearing Hermes' or Skadi feet against normal or decreased movement speed NMs would give more than enough room to fire off a WS without getting hit. NMs with increased movement speed would necessitate going /Nin to safely WS. I think. Quick Draw causes zero pause in movement when running if you do a gear swap, but I'm pretty sure even with a gear swap you pause to fire off a WS. I can't be certain though, since I've never tried to WS while soloing before.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

Yeah, with /NIN it should be pretty easy to get a WS off without dying, but getting TP with regular shots would probably get you killed pretty quick, right?

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Freeze II 1/2 Burst II 1/3 Flame II 1/2 Flood II 1/1 Quake II 1/1 Tornado 1/1
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5
BLM75 SAM75 NIN66 WHM44 WAR40 RNG38 RDM37 THF37 DNC37 COR21 MNK20

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

reg shots for sure, even with a hex gun its till at least 480 delay, and from what i understand from some cor's i used to know who would solo znm's yes, basic principal was to skadi/hermes/ (can they wear crimson?) and just use maxed out QD build.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Ninelives
Le Fantôme de l’Forums

Corsairs can wear Crimson, yes. However, Skadi and Hermes are more desirable since the QD damage gained from available leg slots like Denali Kecks is greater than any available foot armor.

For soloing, you'd never shoot a regular shot. However, if Corsair gets say... 10 TP per landed QD, that's free extra damage every ten shots, which will speed up solo kills quite a bit. I would imagine I could shave off a good 5-10 minutes off a Despot kill; I'll need to try it out.

The really nice part about the TP gain is for merit and events though. Getting extra TP for using QD might actually get people to use it in fights. It's a free 300+ damage that a lot of Corsairs don't use. It should be fun to be at 80 TP, take a step back, and then QD > QD > WS for a quick 2000+ damage burst. Since I don't want to die, I'll only do it when Mayeh is in my party. :p

It will be nice for fights like Omega too. I can use QD for ranged damage and an occasional WS to help out without ever putting myself in harm's way of mass-AoE moves.

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » News » Job Adjustments Part II (09/03/2010)
 Page 1 of 1