FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » Gmail Unauthorized Access
  The time now is Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:51 pm 

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Gmail Unauthorized Access  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

I just got a notification that there was an unauthorized access on my gmail account originating from China. I don't think it was a password crack (unless they managed to get a copy of the password hash) because of the complexity of my password, but I changed it anyway to something slightly more complex. I've run john the ripper on various versions of hashes on my passwords in the past for weeks at a time without success, but that doesn't mean someone couldn't just get lucky.

Anyway, I know a few people have been in contact with me through gmail and/or gtalk so this is a notice that if you receive anything suspicious from me that you should delete it immediately. I rarely send emails and have not sent any since days before the unauthorized access so if you receive an email from my gmail address since last night up until this posting, just delete it.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ[;::;‹]ᵒᴥᵒญญญญญญญญญญญญ)›

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » Gmail Unauthorized Access
 Page 1 of 1